Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    While both d"Arnaud and Wheeler are their team's #1 prospects, Wheeler is currently #6 on Jonathan Mayo's Top 100 on mlb.com, while d'Arnaud is #11. I don't think the experts would agree with you that Travis is the better prospect.
    I just posted stats to prove myself wrong. Sorry about that

vCash
    Again as I brought up earlier... The only way Zack Wheeler could have been in this deal was if Sanchez and Syndergaard were given.

That was the only way. And it would've meant the Blue Jays were so stubborn on Wheeler than they said add him or no deal. And Sandy worked it out to get the 2 best pitchers in your market and D'Arnaud because they felt that he was a can't miss prospect.

That is the only way.

Because if D'Arnaud = Wheeler... Then Dickey = / = Syndergaard. And the deal falls apart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I wonder how David Wright feels about all this lol
    His words on Dickey staying or leaving: "Hopefully RA's back, you know he's a CY Young award winner, he's a tremendous teammate, but you know if not, there is a plan in place and I think RA understands that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    If you could get a better pitcher than Dickey for that package, why didn't you?
    Pretty simple answer - It's not being offered!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjago View Post
    Or rather, there is no one available... You hypothetically can get a better package than Dickey... but when there is no one else available, you can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Agree. And that's the other problem. The Jays probably can not get someone better than Dickey.

Honestly who is available out there who is better? The only one comparable is Cliff Lee and who knows if he is actually available or not.

No other name has been said. Maybe David Price but again, why would they trade him to the Blue Jays? And if they did... you'd expect a package better than D'Arnaud + Gose + Sanchez + Syndergaard. Because, why would the Rays want to face Price ample times a year to have them beat him?

Or rather in the other sense... It can work the other way with the Jays also. Why would they want D'Arnaud + Gose + Sanchez + Syndergaard beating them in the future?
    Dickey is widely accepted as the best pitcher actually available via trade. Our friend Ninjago is just getting cold feet now that he realizes just how much his Jays have to give up to land RA. My advice to him is to wait until the season starts to pass judgment. Watching RA mow down the competition once or twice will change his tune.

vCash
    Then you can't get a better package than Dickey.

Dude, stop worrying. RA is the man. They started a freaking church to him here. You'll love him.

vCash
    You need to stop reading Met publications and start reading unbiased ratings!
    TDA is top 5-7 rankings in all of baseball and a couple months into the season could easily be top 2-3. Wheeler is no where near top 5 and not even in the top 20.
    Hopefully this trade doesn't happen...Jays don't need Dickey - not at the price you guys are expecting. Rotation is set without him.
    MLB ranks Wheeler number 6.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

Pretty damn close to top 5, much better than top 20.

vCash
    i'll tell you why, and I don't mean to sound like a an ***....
    With that kind of package (TDA, Syndergaard, + prospect) I think we can get a better pitcher for the Jays need...not someone who is 38 and has question marks about his future.
    I am not the only one thinking this way - with so many teams needing pitchers, there is a reason why Dickey hasn't been traded yet. Expectations are just too high for a 38yr old.
    1. The problem is that no other Cy Young type pitcher is available as of right now regardless of how much Jays fans wish that they were.

Kershaw, Verlander, Weaver and Price are not available. Price maybe could of been had earlier in the off season, but the Rays sold Shields who is not as good and got more than the Mets are getting for Dickey.

The Mariners are not willing to deal Hernandez and they have a pretty good catching prospect of their own in Zunino, so d'A is not a match there.

Tell another guy who had a CY type year who is available right now and could be had by the Jays?

2. The reason why Dickey has not been traded yet was because Alderson was holding out for that elite prospect to be included in a deal and as usual there is a team that bites and it seems the Jays were that team unless the deal falls through.

3. No matter what some guys say, Dickey is an ace and has been for 3 years now and is not showing any signs of regression, but the opposite as he has gotten better every year in those 3 years. He is an Ace who is available and teams with a win now mentality will try to get such a guy because it could mean a WS appearance for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    His words on Dickey staying or leaving: "Hopefully RA's back, you know he's a CY Young award winner, he's a tremendous teammate, but you know if not, there is a plan in place and I think RA understands that."
    Cool. I just feel bad for the dude. It's going to be hopeless here the next 3 to 4 years.

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_nym
    NEW YORK -- Another day and night passed Saturday with no resolution. R.A. Dickey is still a Met. But he does not figure to be for long.

Since sources confirmed Friday night that the Mets and Blue Jays were working on a trade to send the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner north of the border, the deal has reportedly grown to include at least seven players, including three catchers.

If and when the Blue Jays do complete a trade for Dickey, top catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud will be a part of it, a source confirmed earlier Saturday.

The rest of the deal has apparently grown to include multiple players on both sides. The New York Post reported Saturday night that the two teams are discussing a seven-player deal that would send Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a non-elite prospect to the Jays for d'Arnaud, catcher John Buck, left-hander Noah Syndergaard and another non-elite prospect.

The report indicated that the Jays might also send cash or an additional prospect to the Mets to offset Buck's salary.

Mets and Blue Jays officials have both been publicly silent since Friday. Mets general manager Sandy Alderson did not respond to a message seeking comment.

In any permutation of the deal, Alderson has made it known that he is seeking a "difference maker" for Dickey, and he appears to have negotiated at least that much with the inclusion of d'Arnaud.

Long considered one of the top young talents in baseball, d'Arnaud clocked in at No. 11 on MLB.com's 2012 Prospect Watch. The Jays initially acquired the backstop from the Phillies in 2009 for another Cy Young winner, Roy Halladay, and d'Arnaud might have already made his big league debut had he not suffered a season-ending ligament tear in his left knee in June.

In 67 games prior to his injury, d'Arnaud batted .333 with 16 homers and a .975 OPS (on-base plus slugging percentage) at Triple-A Las Vegas, a notoriously hitter-friendly environment.

He and Syndergaard are the first- and third-ranked Blue Jays on MLB.com's 2012 Prospect Watch, mirroring their industry-wide reputation as two of Toronto's three best trade chips. At Class A Lansing last season, Syndergaard posted a 2.49 ERA, striking out 122 batters with 31 walks in 103 2/3 innings.

"I'm feeling real comfortable right now," Syndergaard said before the season, "and I think that will show on the field."

The Jays could still request an exclusive window to negotiate a contract extension before signing off on any deal. Dickey has been seeking two years and $26 million on top of his $5 million option for next season, terms that he considers "less than what's fair."

The knuckleballer is coming off a Cy Young season at age 38, finishing 20-6 with a 2.73 ERA while leading the National League in innings, strikeouts, complete games and shutouts.

For now, the Mets and Blue Jays continue to work while the rest of the industry waits. In some corners, consecutive days of uncertainty created a whimsical effect. Toronto catcher J.P. Arencibia, who was originally rumored to be part of the deal, tweeted Saturday that he was "just involved in a huge trade."

"Traded 4 blue M&M's and a color to be named, for a Purple G2 Gatorade and cash for a snicker bar!" Arencibia wrote.

If only it were that easy. In a deal for the Cy Young Award winner, so much more is at stake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    1. The problem is that no other Cy Young type pitcher is available as of right now regardless of how much Jays fans wish that they were.

Kershaw, Verlander, Weaver and Price are not available. Price maybe could of been had earlier in the off season, but the Rays sold Shields who is not as good and got more than the Mets are getting for Dickey.

The Mariners are not willing to deal Hernandez and they have a pretty good catching prospect of their own in Zunino, so d'A is not a match there.

Tell another guy who had a CY type year who is available right now and could be had by the Jays?

2. The reason why Dickey has not been traded yet was because Alderson was holding out for that elite prospect to be included in a deal and as usual there is a team that bites and it seems the Jays were that team unless the deal falls through.

3. No matter what some guys say, Dickey is an ace and has been for 3 years now and is not showing any signs of regression, but the opposite as he has gotten better every year in those 3 years. He is an Ace who is available and teams with a win now mentality will try to get such a guy because it could mean a WS appearance for them.
    Nailed it.

vCash
    You need to stop reading Met publications and start reading unbiased ratings!
    TDA is top 5-7 rankings in all of baseball and a couple months into the season could easily be top 2-3. Wheeler is no where near top 5 and not even in the top 20.
    Hopefully this trade doesn't happen...Jays don't need Dickey - not at the price you guys are expecting. Rotation is set without him.
    You make no sense. Dickey would be your best pitcher. Jays fans think they got such a great rotation. It's filled with a lot of 4.00-4.50 ERA guys. Dickey gives you an ace. He's been very good for 3 yrs now and great for 1. Knuckleballers don't age like flame throwing pitchers, although I assume you know that and just wanna talk ****. Mets are gonna get TDA and Synder and don't expect much more than Dickey coming to the Jays.

You guys all realize that there is a reason no one is beating down the Mets doors for Dickey, right?! There is a reason why he is only asking for 25mill for 2 years, right?! Cy Young or not - he is 38yrs old and no one is giving you close to what you guys are talking about on here, not unless the Mets are sweetening the deal coming back the other way.

I am praying that Jays walk away from this....
    Yea, I don't know what to say to this. You don't know what you're talking about. It's as simple as that. The Mets are getting only prospects. You act like all your prospects are gonna be guaranteed great players. They're not, FYI... we'd be lucky if one we get in return ends up good, let alone great.

Show me one list...please?! And not a Mets publication....
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

That's MLB.COM

Not sure what the hell you're talking about with a mets publication... it's a legit MLB site which many people use on PSD, as well as just the general MLB fans. Wheeler #6, TDA #11... WTF?

vCash
    The only other name I could think of is Cliff Lee. But would you really want someone who signed 5 years 120 and is now on year 3... So you have at least 3 years worth 72 million. Likely more. Would you really want that instead of Dickey?

Or you could say Roy Halladay. He just had a 4.49 ERA last year and came back from injury. And he is on his last year also I believe, just like Dickey. Except, he's not coming off a good year like Dickey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    While both d"Arnaud and Wheeler are their team's #1 prospects, Wheeler is currently #6 on Jonathan Mayo's Top 100 on mlb.com, while d'Arnaud is #11. I don't think the experts would agree with you that Travis is the better prospect.
    For 2012:
    Baseball Prospectus had TDA at 16, Wheeler at 30
    Baseball America had TDA at 17 Wheeler at 35

2013 (lists yet to be released for most but so far):
    Razzball - TDA 5, Wheeler 21
    ScoutingBook - TDA 13, Wheeler 21
    Keith Law - TDA 6, Wheeler 27

I think experts would definitely agree (maybe a few crazies out there that don't! LOL - J.J.)

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast