Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He was #35 last year, took a few steps forward, and there were a few who graduated. He is definitely top 20. In baseball he is seen as a top 6 pitching prospect so I definitely believe he is in the top 20. He isn't top 5 but he is definitely in the top 20...

Though you are right, D'Arnaud is the better prospect of the two. he is definitely top 5

Thanks for backing me up kyubi - I am not putting down Wheeler as he is definitely a top MLB prospect but my response was just in response to that guy saying that Wheeler would be the best prospect in a trade involving TDA - which is just inaccurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjago View Post
    You need to stop reading Met publications and start reading unbiased ratings!
    TDA is top 5-7 rankings in all of baseball and a couple months into the season could easily be top 2-3. Wheeler is no where near top 5 and not even in the top 20.
    Hopefully this trade doesn't happen...Jays don't need Dickey - not at the price you guys are expecting. Rotation is set without him.
    Met Publications?

Matt Eddy said Wheeler will likely rank 11-20 in BA's top 100.

Joe Mayo of MLB has Wheeler at #5 and d'Arnaud at 11th.

vCash
    I wonder how David Wright feels about all this lol

vCash
    Show me one list...please?! And not a Mets publication....
    No idea why the top 100 list wouldnt load for me. I hope it does for you because even outside of these two prospects and even if you don't agree with the rankings it gives a nice easy rundown of baseballs best.

*scroll down a little you'll see a link to the top 100 on the right

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    http://thebaseballhaven.mlblogs.com/...top-prospects/

15. Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets, 5/30/90, Triple-A, 10-6, 3.20 ERA, 21 GS, 126.2 IP, 128:50 K:BB, .219 BAA

Wheeler was acquired from the San Francisco Giants for Carlos Beltran last year. He was a talented arm at the time and has established himself as the Mets top prospect since being acquired. Wheeler could still refine his command before he is a finished product, but he has the ceiling to be a top of the rotation starter.

22. Travis D’Arnaud, C, Toronto Blue Jays, 2/10/89, Triple-A, .333/.380/.595, 21 2B, 2 3B, 16 HR, 52 RBI, 1 SB, 59:19 K:BB in 279 AB

D’Arnaud has missed time due to a torn PCL that he suffered in late June. His strikeout rate was pretty alarming, but the power numbers and on-base totals were pretty impressive, still. D’Arnaud could be an offensive force for the Jays, who have a nice lineup developing in Toronto and in their minor league system. J.P. Arencibia is ahead of him, and, for some reason, the Jays just re-signed Jeff Mathis for two-years, $3 million (throwing away money?), so his future may be on hold.

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

Zack Wheeler Rank: 6 ETA: 2013 Position: RHP Age: 22, DOB: 05/30/1990 Bats: L, Throws: R Height: 6' 4", Weight: 185 Drafted: 2009, 1st (6) - SFWheeler, who came to the Mets from the Giants in the Carlos Beltran trade in 2011, can run his heavy fastball into the mid-90s consistently. His main breaking ball is a curve that has improved to the point of being another potentially plus pitch. Wheeler’s changeup has continued to develop well and gives him another option. He’s struggled with command in the past, though his walk rate plummeted in the second half of 2011 and continued to fall in 2012. A fingernail problem he had in 2010 seems to be a thing of the past and Wheeler was promoted to Triple-A Buffalo on August 4.

Travis d'Arnaud Rank: 11 ETA: 2013Position: CAge: 23, DOB: 02/10/1989Bats: R, Throws: RHeight: 6' 2", Weight: 195Drafted: 2007, 1st (37) - PHIWhen Toronto traded Roy Halladay to Philadelphia, d'Arnaud may not have been the top prospect in the deal, but he might end up being the best. He has terrific all-around skills that surpass those of current young big league catcher J.P. Arencibia. Behind the plate, d'Arnaud is agile and athletic, and he has plenty of arm to help control the running game. He started truly fulfilling his offensive potential with Double-A New Hampshire in 2011, showing the ability to hit for both average and power. He continued to hit the cover off the ball in 2012, putting up a slash line of .333/.380/.595 in 67 games with Triple-A Las Vegas. He got past a torn thumb ligament suffered while playing for Team USA to start the 2012 season on schedule, but a torn ligament in his left knee ended his

vCash
    Thanks for backing me up kyubi - I am not putting down Wheeler as he is definitely a top MLB prospect but my response was just in response to that guy saying that Wheeler would be the best prospect in a trade involving TDA - which is just inaccurate.
    I'd say at this point they're a wash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    You also realize the amount of money the Jays spent this year? And that they haven't made the playoffs since '93? They want to set themselves up with the best possible chance to win.

With Josh Johnson probably leaving in the future and the guys getting older, why not give yourself the best shot this year?

That's what R.A. Dickey gives you.

Dickey + Josh Johnson + Buerhle + Romero + Morrow gives you as good of a shot as any.

Sure, the rotation is great without Dickey. But having Dickey and moving J.A. Happ to long reliever makes you so much more formidable.
    i'll tell you why, and I don't mean to sound like a an ***....
    With that kind of package (TDA, Syndergaard, + prospect) I think we can get a better pitcher for the Jays need...not someone who is 38 and has question marks about his future.
    I am not the only one thinking this way - with so many teams needing pitchers, there is a reason why Dickey hasn't been traded yet. Expectations are just too high for a 38yr old.

vCash
    MLB.com prospects list has him at #6.

vCash
    That's the other thing... if D'Arnaud + Wheeler are a wash... Do you honestly think that Syndergaard is worth Dickey?

vCash
    With that kind of package (TDA, Syndergaard, + prospect) I think we can get a better pitcher for the Jays need...not someone who is 38 and has question marks about his future.
    I am not the only one thinking this way - with so many teams needing pitchers, there is a reason why Dickey hasn't been traded yet. Expectations are just too high for a 38yr old.
    If you could get a better pitcher than Dickey for that package, why didn't you?

vCash
    Or... and just hear me out here. It is because a team is willing to offer the #11 best prospect in baseball, a top 5 position prospect, the best catching prospect, in a deal for Dickey.

And the Mets need a catcher really badly.

I think it's more the latter, no other team is willing to beat the Jays because D'Arnaud is offered and no one can top that.

The only other person was Wil Myers and he cost James Shields + Wade Davis who the Royals were really high on.

vCash
    1. Wheeler has no shot of being in the deal otherwise this deal wouldve been dead long ago.

2. It's definitely debatable whether Wheeler or TDA has more value or is a better prospect. Theyre so close, both in the 10-25 range

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    He was #35 last year, took a few steps forward, and there were a few who graduated. He is definitely top 20. In baseball he is seen as a top 6 pitching prospect so I definitely believe he is in the top 20. He isn't top 5 but he is definitely in the top 20...

Though you are right, D'Arnaud is the better prospect of the two. he is definitely top 5
    While both d"Arnaud and Wheeler are their team's #1 prospects, Wheeler is currently #6 on Jonathan Mayo's Top 100 on mlb.com, while d'Arnaud is #11. I don't think the experts would agree with you that Travis is the better prospect.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Dickey is not a normal 38 year old. He prob has years left at this level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    If you could get a better pitcher than Dickey for that package, why didn't you?
    Agree. And that's the other problem. The Jays probably can not get someone better than Dickey.

Honestly who is available out there who is better? The only one comparable is Cliff Lee and who knows if he is actually available or not.

No other name has been said. Maybe David Price but again, why would they trade him to the Blue Jays? And if they did... you'd expect a package better than D'Arnaud + Gose + Sanchez + Syndergaard. Because, why would the Rays want to face Price ample times a year to have them beat him?

Or rather in the other sense... It can work the other way with the Jays also. Why would they want D'Arnaud + Gose + Sanchez + Syndergaard beating them in the future?

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast