Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Unfortunately that's not true. We wouldn't be getting him if that's whats expected. Think more like a Brian McCann impact. Which we still would very good for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    Todd Hundley was pretty highly touted but not this high.

d'Arnaud is not expected to be Buster Posey.

Think more Brian McCann.
    Thank you gentlemen for the info. I'll take a Brian McCann clone anytime to be our starting catcher.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    i am looking at ken rosenthal twitter and alot of people are saying Buck is in the trade I don't want buck
    He'd be fine as a throw in to replace Thole. He'd just hold d'Arnadu's spot until he's ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    i am looking at ken rosenthal twitter and alot of people are saying Buck is in the trade I don't want buck
    If you're shipping Thole, you'll want a decent 2nd catcher not named Mike Nickeas or Rob Johnson TDA won't be in the ML for atleast a month into the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Thank you gentlemen for the info. I'll take a Brian McCann clone anytime to be our starting catcher.
    Becareful. Saltalamacchia had more hype than TDA and he turned into nothing. Prospects are crapshoots.

vCash
    i think its gonna fall through

vCash
    If it's Flores, I can see it being Gose. Flores is protecting to be a pretty damn good hitter.

Dickey, Thole, Flores for TDA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Buck is fair.

These Jays fans are really acting as if TDA, Gose, and Synder are already proven MLB stars or at least guaranteed to be great MLB players. Seriously we'd be lucky if one was great and another was decent.

That's more than fair for a proven Cy Young winner, plus a good hitting prospect.
    I agree...fair deal. If we insist on Gose they have the right to ask for a possible thirdbaseman of the future. The two teams match up well..we have a surplus of thirdbaseman so lets do it. I would be disappointed if Gose wasn't included because we would not have improved the outfield and our best chip was gone. And if tor is worried about JP catching the knuckler than asking for Thole makes sense and we would need Buck back in the deal....also having a veteran catcher here would help TDA grow with instant pressure to perform.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    i think its gonna fall through
    Is this a feeling or a hope?

If feeling, what makes you think that?

vCash
    Andy Martino confirms Sanchez, Syndergaard have been discussed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I agree...fair deal. If we insist on Gose they have the right to ask for a possible thirdbaseman of the future. The two teams match up well..we have a surplus of thirdbaseman so lets do it. I would be disappointed if Gose wasn't included because we would not have improved the outfield and our best chip was gone. And if tor is worried about JP catching the knuckler than asking for Thole makes sense and we would need Buck back in the deal....also having a veteran catcher here would help TDA grow with instant pressure to perform.
    Brett Lawrie?

I don't know. Doesn't really make sense to add the Gose-Flores part in from the Jays POV.

vCash
    Andy Martino said no dnags in the deal, still working the quantity of players.

They said don't expect a deal tonight but I would expect something by Monday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    Is this a feeling or a hope?

If feeling, what makes you think that?
    Hope?? No. I hope we win this trade haha.

I just dont think it happens ......

vCash
    Buck makes sense as he'd hold it down until TDA is called up, plus Jays would have 3 catchers. Selfishly hope it's not Flores but it would be worth it if Gose is included. I like JA Happ too. Still young, good arm and I think he'd be better than Gee.

vCash

Blue Jays are doing the right thing going for it. It doesn't matter if it is D'Arnaud and Syndergaard you're giving up because Dickey could give you a World Series. Maybe in a few years these prospects sucks and thanks AA for the trade.

vCash

I think it will be a win for either side unless the players the Mets are getting don't live up to their potential.

Its a fair trade for either side because u guys get an ace and other specs and we get possibly a perennial all star catcher and an OF with tremendous speed and good upside for many years to come.

vCash
    If it's Flores, I can see it being Gose. Flores is protecting to be a pretty damn good hitter.

Dickey, Thole, Flores for TDA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Buck is fair.

These Jays fans are really acting as if TDA, Gose, and Synder are already proven MLB stars or at least guaranteed to be great MLB players. Seriously we'd be lucky if one was great and another was decent.

That's more than fair for a proven Cy Young winner, plus a good hitting prospect.
    Latest information I've seen is that Gose is no longer in the deal.

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2012/12...-so-close.html

Maybe Sandy has his doubts as to Gose's real potential. I have some doubt too, but we really need a CF and Gose is still very young. I'd try like hell to get Alex A to keep Gose in the package, even if I had to add another prospect to do it.

Buck is a better back-up than Recker, but I'd just as soon he weren't in the deal. I guess it is to get the Mets to take on some salary. My ideal deal is still d'Arnaud, Gose, Syndergaard and a lower level prospect, but I'd take Buck as the fourth player too.

If I had to give up Dickey, Thole, and Flores or Familia to do it, I would. I'd even add a lower level prospect to our side of the deal.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast