Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilmer Flores

vCash

Wilmer Flores

Why not give him a shot in the outfield? We clearly have up to 3 OF spots open. He was our top prospect for a few years and he should be ready by now. I know he hasn't played in AAA but 5 years in the minors should be enough. I was mad last year when we had an OF spot open and didn't give it to F-Mart and instead got rid of him. Instead we gave it to Andres Torres who we knew was going to suck anyway. At least there's a chance Flores could be good. Please don't get another player like Torres for any of the OF spots next year.

vCash
    he is far to slow for any OF spot, slower than Duda

vCash
    I'd trot him out in the LF and at 2B come ST and watch what he does. If he stinks there, then we move him for a OF come next winter.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramlaen View Post
    he is far to slow for any OF spot, slower than Duda
    He's slow? He's skinny and his natural position is shortstop. That's weird.

vCash
    We could keep him at short, move Tejada to second, Murphy to third, Wright to second, and Davis to left but that's a lot of movement. Flores can't be that bad in the OF.

vCash

Wilmer Flores

I do not understand why the Mets have not considered moving Flores to either RF or LF. He has played SS and albeit was not the second coming of Roy McMillan there, it did show that he has some athletic ability and could play the OF.

Flores is supposedly our best hitting prospect and we are virtually bare in that department in the minors and bare in that department in the majors.

He is only 20 years old and I think that if you moved him to the OF for the next 2 years in the minors it could pay very good dividends.

We are not talking here of a Hundley or a Pizza switch, two older players..actually for those older posters like myself, remember that both Yogi Berra and Elston Howard were moved to play in the OF later in their careers, but that is just an aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    He's slow? He's skinny and his natural position is shortstop. That's weird.
    I've heard he's slow too. May be agile, but very slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    I do not understand why the Mets have not considered moving Flores to either RF or LF. He has played SS and albeit was not the second coming of Roy McMillan there, it did show that he has some athletic ability and could play the OF.

Flores is supposedly our best hitting prospect and we are virtually bare in that department in the minors and bare in that department in the majors.

He is only 20 years old and I think that if you moved him to the OF for the next 2 years in the minors it could pay very good dividends.

We are not talking here of a Hundley or a Pizza switch, two older players..actually for those older posters like myself, remember that both Yogi Berra and Elston Howard were moved to play in the OF later in their careers, but that is just an aside.
    I just made a thread about Flores 10 minutes ago.

vCash

I apologize

For some reason I did not see the exact same post on the Board expressing the exact same idea,

vCash
    I just made a thread about Flores 10 minutes ago.
    Well at least 2 great minds think alike !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I've heard he's slow too. May be agile, but very slow.
    How can anyone be that slow and play SS ?

vCash
    Well at least 2 great minds think alike !!!
    It's all good. So you must agree with me that we should've played F-Mart in center last year over Flores right?

vCash
    How can anyone be that slow and play SS ?
    Mike Morse came up as a SS and now he's a slow 1B/LF.

vCash
    There is no way in hell he is slower than Duda and if he is that slow send his *** to speed camps that footballs players go to and get him fast

vCash
    We could keep him at short, move Tejada to second, Murphy to third, Wright to second, and Davis to left but that's a lot of movement. Flores can't be that bad in the OF.
    Rethink this. You have 2 guys at 2nd base.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast