Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Raiders Lounge III

Time for the 3rd one. You guys know how it goes. Make it fun but remember the rules still apply here.

Go

vCash
    Third time's the charm!

In the tradition of great "III"s, (RGIII, Hank III et al,) TRLIII should be stellar!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    3rd !!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    First song in the III jukebox:
    http://youtu.be/y2PcVNqVIJ8
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash

A little back N yo eye

I never thought I would say this after the way he ran his team following the departure of Gruden and his long time GM to Tampa but here it is. Al I miss you. Two years ago the Raiders had a rushing attack featuring a running back that many across the league considered equal too if not greater than A.P in DMac. a wide receiver previously considered a bust that nearly broke the thousand yard mark in receiving yards and another whose graceful speed and smooth rout running had fantasy owners scrambling to pick him up. A young and powerful up and coming O line featuring a young stud at left tackle who many had tabbed as this years starting left tackle in the pro bowl and another at center with all the intangibles, along with natural instincts coupled with the football blood line equivalency of royalty. Very young with unlimited potential every one believed with the right coaching and discipline the sky was the limit for this offense. Even with the little experience it had the offense ranked 11th in the entire league. 7th in rushing, and 12th in passing. Those so called "explosive plays" Allen and his best little buddy in the world Knapp are always referring to had the Raiders blowing away the rest of the league in plays of 20 yards or more nearly double the total of almost every other team in the league. We boasted the most prolific special teams any one has seen in 20 years with the greatest punter of all time and the scariest long ball kicker the NFL has ever known. A young kick returner fresh off of breaking the Raiders record for touchdown returns the season prior. A defensive line the flat out got after the QB. No they weren't a consistent D against the run and yes they were susceptible to the big play. That was more to do with there style of play. When your front four are jumping off the ball, pushing O linemen back into the QB as every Raider down lineman has been taught to do since Al took over this team, of course the offense is going to break a few. Especially with man coverage down field many defenders with there backs to the line of scrimmage running man to man down field. Any way you slice it that line made many of the best QBs on the planet just give up and run for cover cause they simply could not escape the Raiders pass rush. Simply watch the season finale in KC and you will quickly be reminded of just how dominant they could be. This was NOT a team rebuilding but rather a team building into one of the more intimidating teams in the league. The only thing stopping them was, And we all knew it. Hell even they knew it... Discipline! The players ran there own way in practice. Any coach that didn't like it certainly wouldn't be coaching here.. Not as long as Davis was running things. The Raiders, he always preached, do things there own way and if you didn't like it then try n do something about it. Just too big, Too fast, too strong, And too good. To hell with having some loud mouth coach yelling in the face of his Raiders. In his mind they were the Hells Angels. The Jessey James gang. Rebel out laws who did what ever they pleased.. No authoritarian wanted or needed. here. That was fine and good when he had players like Gene Upshaw, And Art Shell. They were all the policing that was needed. Tough, and smart. They made sure every one was on board and understood what it meant to be a Raider. With out them, and no body capable of filling there shoes the team slowly became lethargic. Often times resulting in penalty's at crucial times in the game. Constantly shooting them selves in the foot. They weren't getting beat so much as they were beating themselves. So naturally when the great one passed away and we finally were heading away from the team mentality that enjoyed the casual manner in witch practice had once been run. Into a team more focused and disciplined. We assumed that even after shattering the all time record the season previous yet coming with in a single play of winning our division that the playoffs were all but certain. All we needed was to clean up a little here a little there. Fewer penalty's, Less mistakes. Allow DMac to run wild mix it up with a few screens to our slot receiver as well as a few well timed reverses. After all the little guy from Syracuse just happens to be the fastest guy in the league. Soften up the D just in time for a couple bombs to the second and third fastest guys. Smash on some QBs along the way and this was going to be one hell of a season. I hadn't been this excited since Bo knows when. So Reggie with all his umm experience goes out and finds the most militant guy he can. Remember all we need is a little discipline right?. Well then we find out the little ****er just likes to act like he's a soldier. Doesn't actually know how to be one. Then he brings in an OC that just likes to claim hes one but doesn't actually know how to be one. To top that off just to prick his new found popularity some more he goes out and finds himself his own personal mini me to run his Defense. Somewhere along the way during all there yelling and patting each other on the ***** cause there just the coolest three little ***** in town, They decide to tinker. "Rather than DOMINATE the line were gonna ZONE the line". Yea saise Knapp to his new best buddy." Zone!!!. Oh and how about instead of trying to get first downs in chunks we try for baby steps. Yea if we need 6 yards for the first down then we'll throw it 2 yards, with no help blocking cause ever body's doin you know... The Zone thingy, And just watch em go. That should work right?". Then Tarver gets all jealous so he starts to tinker." First no more of this getting after the QB stuff. Dline your gonna be gap responsible. Sustaining the blocks put on you. Don't worry bout the damn QB cause I'm gonna have something really cool and innovative waiting for him. Don't you worry. Its all under control... Only it wasn't all under control. Far from it. Behind the scenes players were beginning to have doubts. Unwilling to voice any concerns with out fear of loosing there bloated contracts they choose the cowherds role and remain quiet. Now the only thing left for the three amigos is to some how convince every one that its not there fault and hope that Reggie is stupid enough to bye it. There betting that the organization wont want to compound matters and hope, like flew virus it will just go away. Afraid that to admit making the wrong choice is paramount to being the wrong man to run this team. So Reggie sucks it up and preys hes doing the right thing as GM. But not knowing... Because hes never actually been one!...... I quote “To continue to invest in a hopeless project is irrational. Such behavior may be a pathetic attempt to delay having to face the consequences of one's poor judgment. The irrationality is a way to save face, to appear to be knowledgeable, when in fact one is acting like an idiot.” - The Skeptic’s Dictionary

vCash
    Guess who didn't read this.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Why. Didnt post it correctly?

vCash
    lol lol ololol hahahahhhahaha. ncraider he thought you meant you couldn't see it which is why he posted another one. classic.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Reads like the Unabombers manifesto.

vCash
    I worked out so hard, I wanna

Goot love those workouts

vCash
    I didn't read it either Lmao
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Novels on a message board = no reading
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Nothin personal radrss we just are all too lazy to read that much lmao
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Reads like the Unabombers manifesto.
    #Joc2LA

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast