Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Where'd Randle Go?

Watch Hixon's release, route running, concentration, body control and hands on last week's TD and it's easy to see why Randle lost the #3 work, but I'm still not sure why Jernigan is seeing snaps when we have him.

But like I said a couple weeks ago; Randle's had too many Manningham moments. Eli expecting him to do something and he doesn't.

Randle working to get back on field

December, 15, 2012
    By Matt Ehalt | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.-- Rueben Randle couldn't get off the sideline.

Just two weeks after scoring his first career touchdown, and one week after playing 42 snaps, the rookie receiver barely could get on the field last Sunday. He had just one offensive snap and was even removed from his normal position as the punt returner in the Giants' 52-27 win over the Saints.

The rookie acknowledged it was a difficult set of cards to be dealt.

"Yeah, a little bit," Randle said on Friday. "But it wasn't anything that I was really focusing on or anything like that. Just stay on the sideline and just be ready for whenever coach puts me in."

While Randle hadn't been setting the league ablaze, the receiver had been getting decent playing time leading up to the Saints game. He had played at least 19 snaps in each of the previous three games, two of which veteran Domenik Hixon missed with an injury. In the previous two he also had garnered more snaps than fellow receivers Ramses Barden and Jerrel Jernigan.

That changed against the Saints when Randle had the fewest snaps of the team's receivers. Seemingly a lot of that had to do with Hixon's return, as he played 43 snaps in the win and caught a touchdown. Barden and Jernigan, who it seemed Randle had passed on the team's depth chart, combined for seven snaps, a small amount but still more than the second-round pick.

"It's part of the weekly thing," Randle said. "Hopefully this week I'll get more involved in the offense."

Losing punt return duties caught Randle by surprise. He had troubles holding onto punts against Green Bay, and then was replaced Sunday with Hixon. Giants coach Tom Coughlin and special teams coordinator Tom Quinn both talked of Hixon's past success returning punts and wanting him back there.

Randle said wasn't told before the game that he had been removed as the return man, but never questioned the decision. Randle has returned 15 punts for 108 yards on the year with a long return of 18 yards. Hixon returned two punts for 19 yards on Sunday.

"It is what it is. They make the decisions," Randle said. "It's our jobs to go out there and complete our tasks."

It may not seem like Randle has carried any momentum he had from his first career touchdown into the past few weeks, but the receiver believes it will carry over soon. He's not getting down about the lack of playing time and is preparing to try and help the team down the stretch.

He described his rookie year as "OK" so far, as he's caught 14 balls for 197 yards and a touchdown.

"I expected to do better but just keep the positives and stay positive," Randle said. "Hopefully go up in inclines and make more plays in this stretch, especially in the playoffs."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-back-on-field

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Out if the 3 ...Barden, Randle, Hixon......I trust Hixon the most. Randle and Barden make to many mistakes.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Word is Coughlin has been very happy with the way JJ has played in practice for weeks now and has been really trying to figure out a way to get him on the field. Randle's miscommunication with Eli made it easier for Coughlin. Our wr position is cut throat right now, which is great.. Very competitive and gonna bring out the best in guys.

Randle obviously has the talent and physical ability, he'll break out next season. Just too soon for him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Out if the 3 ...Barden, Randle, Hixon......I trust Hixon the most. Randle and Barden make to many mistakes.
    Braden doesn't really make any mistakes, his issue is he doesn't get any separation for several reasons and doesn't know how to use his big body like Plax did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Our wr position is cut throat right now, which is great.. Very competitive and gonna bring out the best in guys.
    well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Braden doesn't really make any mistakes, his issue is he doesn't get any separation for several reasons and doesn't know how to use his big body like Plax did.
    While it might be a true statement, Barden has made some key penalties while on the field. I know I am still thinking about the penalty in the Eagles game at the end of the game.

vCash
    next year will be Randle time.. kind of like Nicks in his 2nd year..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    While it might be a true statement, Barden has made some key penalties while on the field. I know I am still thinking about the penalty in the Eagles game at the end of the game.
    That penalty saved Eli from throwing a INT.. That was no mistake.. He even said after the game if I can't catch the ball I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure they don't..

Really what happened on that play was Aso should have been called for a PI earlier but because of the no call Barden had to do what he did.. Either way that mistake was on Eli 100 percent.. Barden saved it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    yeah that was on Eli, not Barden.

Ya know what's ridiculous....if they just run the damn ball on that play, kick the FG and get the **** outta Philly, we'd have a 2 game advantage right now with a better division record.

One boneheaded play call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    yeah that was on Eli, not Barden.

Ya know what's ridiculous....if they just run the damn ball on that play, kick the FG and get the **** outta Philly, we'd have a 2 game advantage right now with a better division record.

One boneheaded play call.
    After today that 1 boneheaded play call might cost us the playoffs

vCash
    Well another big day for Hixon. If Randle develops well and Hixon sticks around, one of Nicks or Cruz is gonna be leaving us soon. Just won't be worth the expense. Nicks' injuries could drive down the price, but still. Somebody might have to be sacrificed.

vCash
    Unfortunately we're gonna lose Barden but I promise you whatever team Barden ends up on, he's gonna have a 1000 yard breakout season. The talent is too strong here on the Giants but this dude has no.1/2 WR ability. He may not be a speed demon but the dude is a tall target.

It'll be really interesting to see what they have in Jernigan.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Unfortunately we're gonna lose Barden but I promise you whatever team Barden ends up on, he's gonna have a 1000 yard breakout season. The talent is too strong here on the Giants but this dude has no.1/2 WR ability. He may not be a speed demon but the dude is a tall target.

It'll be really interesting to see what they have in Jernigan.
    Barden knows the offensive inside and out and is a very bright guy.. But gets no seperation and doesn't know how to use his big body.. Someone wil give him a contract on his size alone..

vCash
    I don't think he's gonna find a lot of money in the market and he'll come back to the Giants cheaply.

Although he's DEFINITELY a guy I could see Dallas or Philly go after.

vCash
    Why Philly? I absolutely don't understand why Philly is doing so horrible this year. McCoy is one of the best RB's in the league and I personally feel that D-Jax, Avant & Maclin are all good-great receivers... I think Barden in no way would be an upgrade over them. Also it wouldn't surprise me if the Giants cut Jernigan... I mean, what's he done so far that gives him the edge over Barden? We already got speedsters with Randle & Cruz, I'd rather develop Barden into a Redzone-monster...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast