Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Giants will wear Sandy Hook Elementary School decal

Giants will wear Sandy Hook Elementary School decal

By Dan Hanzus
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Dec. 15, 2012 at 01:24 p.m. Updated: Dec. 15, 2012 at 01:51 p.m.

NFL Network has learned the New York Giants will wear a decal on their helmets Sunday in memory of the lives lost in the tragic mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn. elementary school on Friday morning.

All Giants players will have the initials S.H.E.S. (Sandy Hook Elementary School) on the back of their helmets for their Week 15 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.

The NFL has asked home teams to observe a moment of silent reflection prior to the national anthem before this weekend's games.

A gunman murdered 20 students and six adults before apparently killing himself at the elementary school in Newtown, a town approximately 60 miles northeast of New York City.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

vCash
    Classy move.

Still cannot believe that this actually happened.

vCash
    Classy, I'm still in disbelief and cannot or want to imagine how the victims and their families feel. This is terrifying and really makes me question if I want to bring a child into this ****ed up world.

vCash
    Don't even wanna talk about it.

vCash
    Shaken and emotional I guess is the best way to describe it.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 12-16-2012 at 01:18 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    And here it is

pic.twitter.com/jRRgl1NX

vCash
    I live 5 minutes from where the tragedy took place and my wife is an early childhood teacher in Newtown. We are are still in shock and disbelief that such a senseless act of violence has taken place! Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the families and children that must try to carry on even after losing so many loved ones and friends. My wife just told me about one of her past students (1st grader now) that doesn't want to go to school again because he lost 4 of his classmates and soccer team members. Absolutely heartbreaking! But thanks to the NFL and their fans for the sign of respect. And a special thanks to the Giants, Jets & Patriots too for the special stickers of recognition.

vCash
    Not until the Sunday night game between the Pats and 49ers did I realize how many lowlives post on the main forum. Heartless lowlives whining b/c Obama was speaking about Newtown.

Amazing -

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Not until the Sunday night game between the Pats and 49ers did I realize how many lowlives post on the main forum. Heartless lowlives whining b/c Obama was speaking about Newtown.

Amazing -
    Between that and Facebook I lost it.. I understand people hate Obama but to insult him for his speech and interrupting the game is ****ing classless.. ****ing sickens me..

That said when I saw Cruz's tweets I lost it, I'll be honest I cried like a baby. Ever since then I still feel it inside me. Everytime I think of the lil kid getting buried in Cruz's jersey I cry.. Doing it as I type..