Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

mock draft w/trades! round 1 only

Trade:

- bills acquire 1st overall pick from chiefs in exchanged for 7th overall, '13 2nd rd pick, & '14 1st rd pick.

Round 1:

1. Bills(v/chiefs)- g.smith, qb west virginia
    2. Jags- B.Werner, DE/LB Florida State
    3. Raiders- s.lotulelui, dt utah
    4. Eagles- l.juekel, ot texas a&m
    5. Lions- J.Jones, DE/LB Georgia
    6. Browns- d.milliner, cb bama
    7. Cardinals- j.matthews, ot texas a&m
    8. Chiefs(v/bills)- m. Te'o, lb notre dame
    9. Jets- D.Moore, DE/LB Texas A&M.
    10. Titans- j.banks, cb miss st
    11. Chargers- d.jordan, de/lb oregon
    12. Phins- t.lewan, ot michigan
    13. Bucs- x.rhodes, cb florida st
    14. Panthers- j.hankins, dt ohio st
    15. Saints- b.mingo, de/lb lsu
    16. Rams- c.warmack, ol bama
    17. Steelers- j.jenkins, nt georgia
    18. Cowboys- k.vaccaro, s texas
    19. Giants- a.ogletree, lb georgia
    20. Bears- t.eifert, te notre dame
    21. Bengals- g.bernard, rb north carolina
    22. Vikings- t.williams, wr baylor
    23. Ravens- t.wilson, qb arkansas
    24. Seahawks-k.allen, wr cal
    25. Rams- e.fisher, ot central michigan
    26. Colts- b.logan, dt lsu
    27. Packers- c.patterson, wr tennessee
    28. Texans- k.minter, lb lsu
    29. 49ers- b.jones, ol bama
    30. Patriots- j.cooper, ol unc
    31. Broncos-s.floyd, dt florida
    32. Falcons- s.montgomery, de lsu
    Last edited by JOSKOMANG4; 01-03-2013 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Tyler Eifert

I'm just not a fan of TEs in the top 20. That pick has to be an OT IMO.

vCash
    Not a fan of Patterson to GB that early. That may be where he goes but it's just not my cup of tea if you want some feedback.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    no Ansah??

vCash
    all i had to see was Juekel and knew he was in over his head.

Jags pick is horrible given the fact that we are likely running a 4-3 and jones isnt physical enough at the point of attack. he fits best as a DE in a scheme like the seahawks. better choice since u appear to be trying to be upgrading our pass rush is moore or werner.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    all i had to see was Juekel and knew he was in over his head.

Jags pick is horrible given the fact that we are likely running a 4-3 and jones isnt physical enough at the point of attack. he fits best as a DE in a scheme like the seahawks. better choice since u appear to be trying to be upgrading our pass rush is moore or werner.
    You know what's funny. It's the draftnik community that is most whiny about this crap. Talent evaulators that I follow, podcasts and such CONSTANTLY say names wrong, I bet they can't spell them either. It's generally the kid from X School, the d end from X school.

I agree, you should know their names. But just because someone says a name wrong or something, doesn't mean they don't know jack. I swear I listened to a cat from a scouting agency who works for 20+ teams do a 2 hour podcast with the Steelers radio station IIRC and he said at least 10 names wrong and didn't know another 10 guys names. But he knew every damn thing about them.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

I agree, you should know their names. But just because someone says a name wrong or something, doesn't mean they don't know jack. I swear I listened to a cat from a scouting agency who works for 20+ teams do a 2 hour podcast with the Steelers radio station IIRC and he said at least 10 names wrong and didn't know another 10 guys names. But he knew every damn thing about them.
    Because they actually just watch the tape and make their evaluation based on that instead of reading across the internet and parroting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Because they actually just watch the tape and make their evaluation based on that instead of reading across the internet and parroting.
    Exactly. They don't read to learn.

Just like this JAX cat. He was dying for Jags to get JJ not too long ago and now he talks about him like he's a 2nd rounder because the internet soured on him after his early meds and this idea "derp he can't stop the run this team ran right over him." And he can't play da 43!!!!! sounds like like a kid drafted high not too long ago to me. Worked out fine.

As if something had changed from the however many weeks of football before. But once someone said it, it spread like wildfire. I was reading some stuff the other day on another forum and you can tell the scouting crap is getting out there, everyone sounds so smart now and has pro comparisons for everybody.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash

Just like this JAX cat. He was dying for Jags to get JJ not too long ago and now he talks about him like he's a 2nd rounder because the internet soured on him after his early meds and this idea "derp he can't stop the run this team ran right over him." And he can't play da 43!!!!! sounds like like a kid drafted high not too long ago to me. Worked out fine.

As if something had changed from the however many weeks of football before. But once someone said it, it spread like wildfire. I was reading some stuff the other day on another forum and you can tell the scouting crap is getting out there, everyone sounds so smart now and has pro comparisons for everybody.
    What's funny is so many people fail to formulate their own opinions of these players. It's just a thing where they read something about a guy, look at his height/weight/projected 40 time and decide where they like him. No actual evaluation. Usually, not even an attempt at evaluation. Every once in a while, they might have an original idea about a guy that is on their favorite team or has played their favorite team a couple times in their career.

vCash

actually i was against drafting JJ at first then changed my mind on him then changed my mind back.
    that was before i found out about his back condition and the fact he was completely manhandled by 2 tes by alabama in the run game. von miller is more athletic and all around better player than jarvis jones. on my big board for my team i would put him probably 3rd or 4th round grade. he plays the run that badly, cant really shed blocks well and has no instincts vs the run. pass coverage hes okay but he isnt great at it at all with his stiff hips.

if im a team looking for a 4-3 OLB i would want a LB who can play the run and play solid coverage. i think hes 2 small to play DE full time in the traditional 4-3. i think if he fits in any 4-3 defense it would be something like wat the seahawks run. hes much better in the 3-4 IMO because of his size.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    What's funny is so many people fail to formulate their own opinions of these players. It's just a thing where they read something about a guy, look at his height/weight/projected 40 time and decide where they like him. No actual evaluation. Usually, not even an attempt at evaluation. Every once in a while, they might have an original idea about a guy that is on their favorite team or has played their favorite team a couple times in their career.
    Oh even I have fallen victim of it a bit. Maybe see a guy and think he's this and that and then hear something different too often and ended up maybe I wasn't so off. Or vice versa.

Mock drafts are one of the biggest issues. People spend hours making these things when they could, if nothing else, watch YouTube game cut ups and actually see the guys. They'd learn far more that way. As long as you at least have some eye for football, and most of these people have enough to get a decent idea actually.

Seems too easy to be spoonfed I guess.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Oh even I have fallen victim of it a bit. Maybe see a guy and think he's this and that and then hear something different too often and ended up maybe I wasn't so off. Or vice versa.

Mock drafts are one of the biggest issues. People spend hours making these things when they could, if nothing else, watch YouTube game cut ups and actually see the guys. They'd learn far more that way. As long as you at least have some eye for football, and most of these people have enough to get a decent idea actually.

Seems too easy to be spoonfed I guess.
    Definitely. It's impossible to watch every player a bunch. And once you read something, it's hard to not have it influence you, whether you end up watching much of the player or not.

Seems like mock drafts often become a compilation of sources rather than an expression of knowledge. It's like writing a paper - the best papers aren't summaries, but analyses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    actually i was against drafting JJ at first then changed my mind on him then changed my mind back.
    that was before i found out about his back condition and the fact he was completely manhandled by 2 tes by alabama in the run game. von miller is more athletic and all around better player than jarvis jones. on my big board for my team i would put him probably 3rd or 4th round grade. he plays the run that badly, cant really shed blocks well and has no instincts vs the run. pass coverage hes okay but he isnt great at it at all with his stiff hips.

if im a team looking for a 4-3 OLB i would want a LB who can play the run and play solid coverage. i think hes 2 small to play DE full time in the traditional 4-3. i think if he fits in any 4-3 defense it would be something like wat the seahawks run. hes much better in the 3-4 IMO because of his size.
    It's the EXACT same **** they said about Von. Nothing different. I'm not saying he will become him or they're even that similar of a prospect. I'm pointing out, it's not what these internet geniuses say. 3rd to 4th grade is a joke. I don't care what defense you run. He'd be a top 10ish on ANYONE's board unless they think there is that much red on the meds. And NEITHER of us actually know how much red will be on those meds. Only rumor.

Although I do agree he should play in a 3-4. But he's effectiveness against the run is overblown. The idea he can't improve is a joke too. Much pure edge rushers, basically all of them, that ever come out struggle against the run. Pass rushing is a glamour position. Playing the run isn't.

Jarvis will be just fine against the run no matter how he gets used. The fact he dropped off the edge of the Earth after something that was obvious on tape for 2 years like in a week was ****ing hilarious. It totally verified my theory for ages. I've always wanted to make a fake scouting website and put out total ******** for all sorts of prospects and watch how much is spreads just for ***** and gigs. lol

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Definitely. It's impossible to watch every player a bunch. And once you read something, it's hard to not have it influence you, whether you end up watching much of the player or not.

Seems like mock drafts often become a compilation of sources rather than an expression of knowledge. It's like writing a paper - the best papers aren't summaries, but analyses.
    That is very well said. I've made a few in my time but after a while I just didn't get the point.

I'd much rather get 2-3 games on a guy. Write a report. Then go compare it to the longer analysis's on the net.

It's actually quite a bit of fun if you have the patience for it.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    That is very well said. I've made a few in my time but after a while I just didn't get the point.

I'd much rather get 2-3 games on a guy. Write a report. Then go compare it to the longer analysis's on the net.

It's actually quite a bit of fun if you have the patience for it.
    I have made way less mock drafts this year. Haven't made a single one, actually. I will probably make a couple. But I'm enjoying watching more players for sure. You get more out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast