Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If he doesn't play a lick of defense he would fit right in!

here is a trade idea, send us a draft pick an i would do it. Lets face it we should unload now. We aren't making the playoffs. Time to get the young guys more min.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csaj4su

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmann5 View Post
    I like Lowry a lot but i would rather get Calderon. Lowry has health issues. Calderon would be better at developing our young guys. plus he is a great FT shooter.
    no way you take lowry all the way. calderon is a nice player, but he isn't someone you trade any real pieces for

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bonpvvz

I might take some heat for this one but what do you all think of trading Millsap for AK? AK can play the SF or PF and is a great passer and brings length and defense. thoughts?

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bonpvvz

I might take some heat for this one but what do you all think of trading Millsap for AK? AK can play the SF or PF and is a great passer and brings length and defense. thoughts?
    AK did play great here. I mean he did fit into Jazz basketball. Although I only want guys who want to play here, and I am not 100% on his feelings toward are organization. Pauls feelings towards us is obvious, he doesn't want to be here, and instead of being professional and doing his best to attract better deals, he plays sloppy basketball to the point that we lose games, and damn there forcing us to kick him out the door.

vCash
    Feb 15thish is the trade deadline, I expect Millsap will be gone ASAP! There is no way were gonna let him just walk away in FA!

I know our Organization is amazing, 6 western conference finals, and 2 nba finals. So we have what it takes if our players can play.

I expect Foye and Marvin to be trading tools, but I have a feeling they will stay. Foye is supposedly the shooter we always needed.

If I could pick, I would get rid of Paul and Marvin, and get me some real forwards.

vCash
    I actually like what I'm seeing out of Marvin. Scoring isn't everything, he plays good defense on the wing and can hit the 3 ball. It would be nice if he were more consistent. I don't get Millsap, he was one of my favorite players the last few years, he just hasn't been himself this year. Its sad but if he doesn't perform he needs to be benched or traded.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    It would be nice to see Marvin actually finish a game, and play in the 4th quarter instead of Foye.

Finishing with

Tinsley
    Hayward
    Marvin
    Millsap
    Al

Is a good mix of shooting, and defense. The latter Foye doesnt do or understand.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i've missed the last couple of games. it seemed we did well against the best team in basketball, and let them come back. the bench was beast it looks like. watson isn't his usu self, which means we have one pg who can keep things running relatively well. it's hard to do anything with 1 semi-decent pg, even if everyone is pulling their weight. we have too many streakers, kanter is inconsistent, hayward is mostly consistent but not totally so, foye and marvin are volume shooters... can't count on them and what they give is extra, jefferson has been lackluster of late, the list goes on and on. when 3 guys are on, we're hard to beat, but it's a crapshoot if we get even 2 to hit their shots. we'd be 5 wins better, imo, if we were a disciplined defensive team... but we're not built that way. i still maintain we're a 5-6 team with our guys now playing to their potential, but so many streak players makes things difficult.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    i've missed the last couple of games. it seemed we did well against the best team in basketball, and let them come back. the bench was beast it looks like. watson isn't his usu self, which means we have one pg who can keep things running relatively well. it's hard to do anything with 1 semi-decent pg, even if everyone is pulling their weight. we have too many streakers, kanter is inconsistent, hayward is mostly consistent but not totally so, foye and marvin are volume shooters... can't count on them and what they give is extra, jefferson has been lackluster of late, the list goes on and on. when 3 guys are on, we're hard to beat, but it's a crapshoot if we get even 2 to hit their shots. we'd be 5 wins better, imo, if we were a disciplined defensive team... but we're not built that way. i still maintain we're a 5-6 team with our guys now playing to their potential, but so many streak players makes things difficult.
    I completely agree. Streak shooters and players have a role in this league. But you have to use them correctly. I feel if we weren't baffled by zone defense everytime it comes up on us, or if we had more set plays other than give Al the ball, have everyone watch for 5 seconds, then watch Al's inner Dirk Nowtiski come out of him, we could win some more games.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    It would be nice to see Marvin actually finish a game, and play in the 4th quarter instead of Foye.

Finishing with

Tinsley
    Hayward
    Marvin
    Millsap
    Al

Is a good mix of shooting, and defense. The latter Foye doesnt do or understand.
    I can't agree more. I don't know what corbin sees in foye. probably my one complaint with him

vCash
    I'm sure its been said before but Foye is one of our best perimeter shooters. Thats what Corbin sees in him. He does stretch the floor and did cause some matchup problems for the Clippers which is why they had to put Barnes on him. Only problem to that is Tinsley and Watson don't penetrate to create open shots for our guys as often as a PG should. Because of that, Foye has to play out of his role and try to create. Corbin should take out Watson and Tinsley and put Hayward in at PG for some stretches.

My compalint is we have useless PGs now that Mo is out. We need to start going big to finish games with Favors, Millsap, and Jefferson.

vCash
    I think if they trade millsap they almost have to keep Williams to be able to use him at the four. It would also slide Hayward to the three and open up minutes for burks.

vCash
    Big word I heard, and it was discipline. Discipline is staying cool and getting back in a game after being down 19 points.

I think "crunch time" should be:

PF-Al
    C-Favors
    SG-Burks
    PG-Hayward
    SF-Millsap

Keeping a PG in is just a waste of space cause they won't cover our PG's cause they know they won't shoot. Which is why zone kills us, cause they can easily double team the shooters and move forward.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-29-2012 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmann5 View Post
    I like Lowry a lot but i would rather get Calderon. Lowry has health issues. Calderon would be better at developing our young guys. plus he is a great FT shooter.
    Lowry would be much better for us than Calderon. Calderon is too old, too slow on defense, and nothing near the playmaker Lowry is. Toronto needs a big man that can score. They are shooting mostly jump shots.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cu6y9t6

vCash
    Paul is one of our only bigs that knows how to pass. Our interior would be passing to Al and watch him decide what he wants to do for 5 seconds, then he either drives or takes a jump shot. Dude doesnt know how to pass on a cut, and if he does, I think he does on a mistake.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast