Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Nope. Too much of our future shipped away for what? To stay even at where our team is at? a first round exit?

Draino, I have to admit, that has a huge Nuggest Bias to it. If Favors becomes an allstar we're ****ed. Fraied has shown us what he can do, thats a double double, undersized, mananimal. No thanks
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Iggy is not working in Denver, and it would be great to have him. I added a 3rd team to the deal. I think it makes more sense.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cgux9dj

Favors is almost untradable due to his potential. The only way we trade Favors is as part of a deal for a young superstar. Favors could average 20 & 10 and be the defensive player of the year someday (if he could get some minutes). There are only a handful of players like that in the league, they are perennial all-stars and get max deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    Iggy is not working in Denver, and it would be great to have him. I added a 3rd team to the deal. I think it makes more sense.

Favors is almost untradable due to his potential. The only way we trade Favors is as part of a deal for a young superstar. Favors could average 20 & 10 and be the defensive player of the year someday (if he could get some minutes). There are only a handful of players like that in the league, they are perennial all-stars and get max deals.
    I don't see him ever averaging 20 points per game efficiently. I think at this point his max is around 15-18 and this if he hits his best potential he is probably tyson chandler 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post

Would you rather have Gasol or Iggy? I'd personally rather trade Millsap for Gasol and then maybe trade Jefferson for expirings and draft picks.
    Gasol, Favors and Kanter would be great together!

vCash
    Give me Iggy over Gasol. But I really don't think either would solve many problems.

vCash
    favors is not the player some of you think he is
    Hi There

vCash
    maybe... but he's not the player you think he is either.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    maybe... but he's not the player you think he is either.
    yes he is,

I think he is 16-17 ppg as a starter with 33 minutesplus a night

boderline allstar because of his sick defense

But some Jazz fans value him like he is the next Dream or something. I dont see all star level offense from Favors. I see elite defneder/rebounder and decent offense

I do think he is our most valuable piece for sure.

that is more of a statement on our team than on Favors
    Hi There

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    yes he is,

I think he is 16-17 ppg as a starter with 33 minutesplus a night

boderline allstar because of his sick defense

But some Jazz fans value him like he is the next Dream or something. I dont see all star level offense from Favors. I see elite defneder/rebounder and decent offense

I do think he is our most valuable piece for sure.

that is more of a statement on our team than on Favors

I respect your opinion. I admit i have a man crush on Favors and what he can become. I think his scoring potential due to his athleticism is higher than you do. He is currently scoring 10 ppg in 20 minutes. So theoretically if he plays 35 minutes a game he could score 17. Plus he is very young and will develop more low post moves. That is why I don't think it is a stretch to see him becoming a 20 & 10 guy. When you combine that with his defensive skills you have a player with top value in the NBA. There are other big men that can put up 15-20 ppg & 10 rpg but they do not dominate defensively (Griffin, Aldridge, Lee, Randolph, Cousins, Jefferson, Millsap, Marc Gasol) Even if Favors only goes 15 and 10 and dominates the paint on defense he is still among the elite in the league. At worst you are looking at Ibaka, at best you could have Dwight Howard or The Dream.
    Last edited by Magic11; 12-21-2012 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    I feel Iggy would benefit us more at this point than Gasol. Iggy can handle the ball, but he doesn't shoot as well as he should. He would also improve our overall team defense. Honestly if we traded Milly or Al for Iggy, we would have to adopt a defensive team mentality. And I hope Corbin is up to that, cause honestly, I feel he is part of our problem
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I personally think we need to pursue a SF who can just score at will. I think we tried it by drafting Murphy, but acquiring a gifted scorer, even if he has defensive issues, would be a smart move for us. If move Jefferson, our post of Favors and Kanter won't be as effective offensively. However, we should be better defensively. So if we could find a guy at the SF spot who can fill it up even if he is just an okay defender, it will work.

vCash
    If the Jazz were to trade Jefferson and Bell. to Toronto For Bargs and Ross, And if They traded Millsap, Murphy and Watson to Sacramento for Isaiah Thomas, Jimmer and a 2014 first Round pick. I wouldn't be against it.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    I personally think we need to pursue a SF who can just score at will. I think we tried it by drafting Murphy, but acquiring a gifted scorer, even if he has defensive issues, would be a smart move for us. If move Jefferson, our post of Favors and Kanter won't be as effective offensively. However, we should be better defensively. So if we could find a guy at the SF spot who can fill it up even if he is just an okay defender, it will work.
    do you have someone in mind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    Are there any score at will small forwards out there? I do thong what we're missing is an electric scorer.. This is crazy and I'm not saying I support it but what about Big Al (expiring) for Monte Ellis (ETO) and John Henson?

Mo, Ellis, Tins
    Ellis, Foye, Burks
    Marvin, Hayward, Carrol
    Millsap, Marvin, Evans
    Favors, Kanter

We'd have a small backcourt but who could stop us? I do think we need another ball handler in the starting lineup along with Mo.
    We could open up wing minutes by playing Marvin at PF.
    I don't know, just a thought.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast