Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski: In engagement of 3rd teams for possible Rudy Gay-to-Toronto deal, Raptors struggling to find landing spot for Jose Calderon, sources tell Y! As for finding a spot for Calderon, yes, teams have interest in him. Yet how much are they willing to contribute to MEM-TOR in 3-way deal? Twitter @WojYahooNBA

vCash
    I would give them Marvin for Calderon. Other teams are going to use their PG to double our bigs. Leaving our PG wide open is a trend that will continue to hurt us.

vCash
    Calderon is garbage. Don't really want that guy. I really don't see a trade out there that is really going to help us get better in the way we need to get better. I still firmly believe that damn near the only way to get a good team in a small market (especially Utah) is just flat out being terrible for a few years and getting high draft picks. We will likely never be able to make a trade for a superstar kind of player and one certainly isn't going to sign here unless we grossly over pay. Just have to be crappy for a while and get some good draft picks and hope we can hit with the majority of them.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Calderon is garbage. Don't really want that guy. I really don't see a trade out there that is really going to help us get better in the way we need to get better. I still firmly believe that damn near the only way to get a good team in a small market (especially Utah) is just flat out being terrible for a few years and getting high draft picks. We will likely never be able to make a trade for a superstar kind of player and one certainly isn't going to sign here unless we grossly over pay. Just have to be crappy for a while and get some good draft picks and hope we can hit with the majority of them.
    I think we have the pieces to make a trade for a superstar. The only thing is that the player would need to be on a team looking to rebuild. If we can land a superstar offering Favors or Kanter, maybe picks, and a third team, I'd be intrigued. That solves our crowded front line while keeping our 2 best players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdood View Post
    I think we have the pieces to make a trade for a superstar. The only thing is that the player would need to be on a team looking to rebuild. If we can land a superstar offering Favors or Kanter, maybe picks, and a third team, I'd be intrigued. That solves our crowded front line while keeping our 2 best players.
    our two best players suck though!

actually Gordon Hayward is our best player
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    our two best players suck though!

actually Gordon Hayward is our best player
    This. Paul and Al are not playing at the level their contracts suggest they should be playing at. The flaws in their games are, at least at this point, more obvious then what they add to our team. I don't think trading for a superstar should be the focus of the Jazz FO. Gordon Hayward should be the focus. Right now he is really the most if not the only solid piece we have. We can't afford to hope for some other guy to come into this team and save us. It's just not realistic. We need to fully commit to Hayward which might mean trading big contracts to get pieces for our future. Can "our two best players" adjust to Hayward being the focal point of this team? The FO has some big decisions to make this season, and i'm sure those decisions are being based on Hayward and our future, rather then rushing the process and putting together a hastily made squad that might not work at all. Besides, Kevin O'Connor is more likely to trade away a superstar then trade for one. Not many supposed superstars in the league have all the qualities our FO seems to look for, we would have to strike gold to make a trade like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    We should have traded for James Harden. We could have offered OKC better than Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick. Then we would have a superstar to build around. Missed opportunity! They would have accepted a Favors for Harden deal. Of course OKC would be a dynasty with Favors and Ibaka patrolling the paint.
    They needed a scoring guard to replace Harden. They wouldnt be the same with any package we could have offered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzanity420 View Post
    They needed a scoring guard to replace Harden. They wouldnt be the same with any package we could have offered.
    Okay, give them Hayward and Kanter then. OKC is still better off. Martin is a good shooter, he brings nothing else to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    Okay, give them Hayward and Kanter then. OKC is still better off. Martin is a good shooter, he brings nothing else to the table.
    that doesn't really solve their problem though as gordon is going to need a deal soon.

vCash
    Okay we're all missing a few key facts when we talk about trades in the NBA.

1. Big men are at a premium in the NBA. Example: Roy Hibbert and a Max Deal

2. There are far more really good almost all star level Guards in the NBA than Centers/PF.

We should be able to garner a couple really good deals with Paul and Al.

vCash
    This organization is adept at getting into the playoffs. The Utah Jazz have proven they can put a team together at just about any time that can skid in. Our challenge now is to produce a top tier elite level Western Conference team. The FO is going to have to take a few gambles if they are going to make it to that level.

The trades proposed don't really scream gamble. They may have to roll the dice on one of the young guys to get something better back. To me the only untouchables should be Hayward and Favors. For the right deal I'm not sure they are.

So the real question becomes what is the plan. is the organization looking to win now? Does the rebuilding begin in earnest? If the Jazz want to win now trades for players like Gasol work. If the Jazz want to rebuild around the young pieces then trades for more draft picks and trades for young up and comers makes more sense. I believe that the Jazz have proven they can't both win now and kinda rebuilding as they go. This organization is going to have to decide which direction has the best possible returns. Until they make that decision there's no telling what will happen.
    Last edited by Fivealarm; 01-30-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: more thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    that doesn't really solve their problem though as gordon is going to need a deal soon.
    So does Kevin Martin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivealarm View Post
    This organization is adept at getting into the playoffs. The Utah Jazz have proven they can put a team together at just about any time that can skid in. Our challenge now is to produce a top tier elite level Western Conference team. The FO is going to have to take a few gambles if they are going to make it to that level.

The trades proposed don't really scream gamble. They may have to roll the dice on one of the young guys to get something better back. To me the only untouchables should be Hayward and Favors. For the right deal I'm not sure they are.

So the real question becomes what is the plan. is the organization looking to win now? Does the rebuilding begin in earnest? If the Jazz want to win now trades for players like Gasol work. If the Jazz want to rebuild around the young pieces then trades for more draft picks and trades for young up and comers makes more sense. I believe that the Jazz have proven they can't both win now and kinda rebuilding as they go. This organization is going to have to decide which direction has the best possible returns. Until they make that decision there's no telling what will happen.
    I like what you said new guy. Do you have some players in mind to take a gamble on?

vCash
    Prediction Time

I think the Jazz definitely re-sign Foye, Tinsley, and Carroll.

We will definitely not bring back Bell or Watson.

Marvin Williams will not use the early termination option and will play for the Jazz for only one more season.

We will trade Millsap for a player we haven't thought of yet. At first many of us will think the trade sucks, and then in a year we will all like the player we traded for. It will happen on the day of the trade deadline (2/21/13).

Mo Williams will re-sign with the Jazz in the off-season, and play a lot of 2 guard next year.

Jefferson will get a new 3 year deal for 14 million a year. In 2 years we trade Jefferson to open up playing time for Kanter.

In the summer we will overpay for a free agent/restricted free agent (Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague, O.J. Mayo, Tony Allen)

After trying several different players, DeMarre Carroll turns out to be the starting SF we were looking for.

We sign Kyle Korver in the offseason and the girls start screaming again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b_russ View Post
    So does Kevin Martin.
    yes, but martin is likely to leave while they will still have lamb and what will likely be a top 5 pick. The pick is probably the the most important part out of the entire trade and is something we just couldn't beat

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast