Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i'm all for lowry. sounds like toronto management is split between who they want to keep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    I think Paul Pierce makes us a better team, but I just think some guys need to stay in the same place for their entire career. Big Al isn't going to make Boston and contender, and I think Boston realizes that. Boston also probably realizes that trading Rondo low is dumb because he's still their only young elite player.

Kyle Lowry and Pau Gasol are the two most attainable good players I think we could be pursuing right now.
    Lo I totally agree. Pierce is a Celtic for life. Lowry and Gasol are realistic trades. Both are quality players that desperately need a new team. If we get Gasol I think we should trade Millsap and Jefferson. We don't need 4 quality bigs. I think Lowry makes a lot of sense. I would not be surprised one bit if we get Lowry.

vCash
    i'm not for this, but interesting posting on espn nonetheless:

Utah Jazz

Celtics receive: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams, Jamaal Tinsley and Raja Bell

Jazz receive: Paul Pierce, Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox and Boston's 2013 first-rounder

Trade Machine: View this deal

Utah possesses a boatload of bigs and the Celtics could use one. Believe it or not, Garnett won't be around forever and this deal would give the Celtics their next big man to solidify their long-term foundation next to Rondo. It would also give the Celtics a pass-first (pass-only?) point guard in Jamaal Tinsley, which is kind of a big deal considering the C's don't have a pure point guard on the roster without Rondo.

Favors remains one of the most promising young bigs in the game, averaging 15-and-10 every 36 minutes along with high-impact defense. But he's struggling to find 20 minutes a night with three other productive players in the Jazz frontcourt. By sending Pierce to Utah, this would be a cold move by the Boston front office, but the Celtics should have an eye on the future given Rondo's injury and this could save them about $1.5 million if they want to eventually get under the tax.

The only way the Jazz think about this deal is if they are big on Bradley's potential ahead of Gordon Hayward and they believe that Enes Kanter has a brighter future than Favors. Though Pierce would be reunited with former teammate Al Jefferson in this scenario, it may not offset the lifestyle change of moving from Boston to Salt Lake. But would a healthy Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Pierce, Paul Millsap and Jefferson make some noise in the West? Maybe, but it's hard to justify Utah going all-in this season without a backcourt player to build around; Bradley is probably not that guy.

vCash
    I would do that if pierce was someone who could put us over the top as a championship team.however he isn't and tbh the only guys in the league who could do that would be lebron and durant and added he is 35 and in a slump no way the jazz do that. I am rambling, but what is funny is that writer basically says the jazz wouldn't do that.

vCash
    ^That ESPN article is horrible. Every trade idea doesn't make sense.

vCash
    A couple of thoughts... all of this Big Al or Milsap trade talk is pretty pointless, because it's about who we get back in return... if a package involving Big Al gives us Lillard (not gonna happen, I know) but a package involving Milsap doesn't, then we trade Big Al. It's not about who we lose - it's who we gain.

Other thoughts... No to Gasol. No to Pierce. No to anyone that's not relatively young. We need to create a nucleus for years to come...

Rondo - what a shame - if the C's want to blow up the team - I would still take him - for the right price.

Give me a young star PG (Lillard, Irving, Rondo, even Lowry perhaps) and I'd be happy to go with any one of them for the next ten years! Rondo, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Evans, Murphy. These guys are so young - I think they're all going to be very good. I wouldn't want to trade any of them...

We need to do whatever it takes to get a star PG... Big Al, Milsap, Mo, Foye, Marvin (God, he sucks) Watson, Tinsley, and ****ing Bell can all go as far as I'm concerned. Now's the time... pull the trigger Utah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    i'm not for this, but interesting posting on espn nonetheless:

Utah Jazz

Celtics receive: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams, Jamaal Tinsley and Raja Bell

Jazz receive: Paul Pierce, Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox and Boston's 2013 first-rounder

Trade Machine: View this deal

Utah possesses a boatload of bigs and the Celtics could use one. Believe it or not, Garnett won't be around forever and this deal would give the Celtics their next big man to solidify their long-term foundation next to Rondo. It would also give the Celtics a pass-first (pass-only?) point guard in Jamaal Tinsley, which is kind of a big deal considering the C's don't have a pure point guard on the roster without Rondo.

Favors remains one of the most promising young bigs in the game, averaging 15-and-10 every 36 minutes along with high-impact defense. But he's struggling to find 20 minutes a night with three other productive players in the Jazz frontcourt. By sending Pierce to Utah, this would be a cold move by the Boston front office, but the Celtics should have an eye on the future given Rondo's injury and this could save them about $1.5 million if they want to eventually get under the tax.

The only way the Jazz think about this deal is if they are big on Bradley's potential ahead of Gordon Hayward and they believe that Enes Kanter has a brighter future than Favors. Though Pierce would be reunited with former teammate Al Jefferson in this scenario, it may not offset the lifestyle change of moving from Boston to Salt Lake. But would a healthy Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Pierce, Paul Millsap and Jefferson make some noise in the West? Maybe, but it's hard to justify Utah going all-in this season without a backcourt player to build around; Bradley is probably not that guy.
    on ESPN

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Al and KG don't mesh, i doubt they end up on the same team in any trade scenario. And if the reports are true about the extent of Rondo's injury, i would dial back my enthusiasm about getting him on our team because we don't know how it will change his game, even with the medical technology that is available. I would be interested in getting kendall marshall but only if it doesn't take much, i'd rather have a young point guard then an old one, its that simple. He would give us some security at the point for years to come. I'm not attached to earl or jamaal.

DERRICK FAVORS IS UNTOUCHABLE. at least for this season. unless a team wants him so bad they give up too much. and would getting pau hinge on trading away either kanter or favors? if so, i'm not on board.

vCash
    No chance in Hell I would ever trade Favors for Gasol. There is nothing that teams can offer with the exception of Anthony Davis, that would make me even consider trading Favors. The Celtic trade is something I would never do also.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    No chance in Hell I would ever trade Favors for Gasol. There is nothing that teams can offer with the exception of Anthony Davis, that would make me even consider trading Favors. The Celtic trade is something I would never do also.
    What exactly about Favors makes you think that he's basically untradeable? And of all people in the NBA A. Davis is the only person you would trade for Favors? There is a TON of people I would trade Favors for in a heartbeat. He's a top 3 pick that can't even get on the court over a 2nd rounder. I just don't think he's ever gonna be that special.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Favors is definitely tradeable. I know he's still young, but i doubt he'll ever have that natural feel for the game. He seems very uncomfortable on offense. He'll be a nice defensive piece, but to say you wouldn't trade him is crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    Favors is definitely tradeable. I know he's still young, but i doubt he'll ever have that natural feel for the game. He seems very uncomfortable on offense. He'll be a nice defensive piece, but to say you wouldn't trade him is crazy.
    not for gasol.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Maybe if Favors had some real playing time he could develop offensively. 20 minutes a game is not enough. So far we are looking at a first round playoff beat down just like last year. Last season I had a 10-game ticket package, this year nothing. I didn't want to spend more money watching the same old Millsap and Jefferson show. They will never get us where we want to go.

vCash
    We should have traded for James Harden. We could have offered OKC better than Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick. Then we would have a superstar to build around. Missed opportunity! They would have accepted a Favors for Harden deal. Of course OKC would be a dynasty with Favors and Ibaka patrolling the paint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    We should have traded for James Harden. We could have offered OKC better than Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick. Then we would have a superstar to build around. Missed opportunity! They would have accepted a Favors for Harden deal. Of course OKC would be a dynasty with Favors and Ibaka patrolling the paint.
    totally agree that we could have offered a better package for harden than the rockets did

Favors + Millsap plus two first rounders this year for Harden> rockets offer
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast