Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't get the love affair with Calderon. Yes, he can run a team well and shoot well, but his defense is awful. Why are we trying to do that to the Jazz. We should be looking for a defense first pg, though not many are available. I would prefer to keep Mo Williams and Tinsley and try to find a different upgrade. With PG's like Westbrook, Conley, Lawson, CP3 and others blowing past even decent defending pg's, I would hate to see what they would do against Calderon. Only make a trade if it will help us beyond this year, ie.. young pg, draft picks, good player under decent contract. If none of those happen, then don't make a move just to make it.

vCash
    rationale: calderon, while his defense is poor, is better than tinsley and watson. if managmeent has no intentions of re-signing Al, then you should look to improve the team any way you can (without taking on terrible contracts). davis is actually the piece that i'm high on. calderon is a slight upgrade at pg, but i think davis could be very good and we could lock him into a good contract.

vCash
    Gasol = Elite! Maybe even top 15 in the nba.
    Everybody on our roster = Good but not great.

Mo, Tins, Earl
    Foye, Hayward, Burks
    Marvin, Chandler
    Favors, Marvin, Evans
    Gasol, Kanter

I would take that roster any day! Gasol would instantly be our best player and a perfect fit with our style of play. We would also have a pretty good lineup for next year.. Burks, Hayward, Chandler and Marvin (probably) at the wings. Favors, Gasol, Kanter and Evans in the post. Plus we'd have two or three 1st round draft picks to address PG and depth.

vCash
    I'd rather get Lowry than Calderon personally, and also hell no to Gasol. Dude is one of the most unstable players in the NBA. It's been established over and over again that he can only survive in the triangle offense (as with most of the players on the Lakers squad), and the dude never came back from his collapse a couple seasons ago. Not to mention he's making like 18mil/yr and he's almost 33 years old. No to Odom (dude's got some major emotional issues), and Hell no to Pau.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5kndpb

Rondo +Chandler and Bass

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfwjry2

Lowry, Bargs, and Chandler

I'm not a huge proponent of trading away both Milly AND Jefferson, but I think we all know that Jefferson is definitely not worth 13+mil/yr and Milly's not worth 12+, which is what they'll both make on the free agent market.
    Last edited by D-Will4Prez; 01-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    calderon is over 30 and basically tinsley with a jumpshot. could he help sure, but not for the salaries would have to come up with to get him. Second gasol is tough. I would consider only if he came really cheap, but again with his salary it would be impossible to get him "cheap" as surely it would take jefferson or millsap and would create just another big problem

vCash
    If you could give me Al Jefferson the next two years healthy or Pau Gasol the next two years healthy, I take Pau Gasol every day of the week and not think twice. Gasol is a better all around player without a doubt.

vCash
    There are very few players that will be able to help the Jazz win a championship in the league, better yet who are available. If you can get one, do it. If not, keep the salary space and get prospects and draft picks. I don't want players that can get us from 8th seed to 7th seed in the West. I'm only interested in battling for championships. Think OKC, not Phoenix, Portland, Atlanta. Teams that are always in the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    There are very few players that will be able to help the Jazz win a championship in the league, better yet who are available. If you can get one, do it. If not, keep the salary space and get prospects and draft picks. I don't want players that can get us from 8th seed to 7th seed in the West. I'm only interested in battling for championships. Think OKC, not Phoenix, Portland, Atlanta. Teams that are always in the middle.
    Bingo. I like this. This logic is why I don't resign Al Jefferson to a crippling $15 million a year deal for the next 3 or so seasons. I'd rather invest in Gasol (a better player) for a season and a half to see if he's a missing puzzle piece than to re-sign Jefferson to that awful number.

I like the idea of Millsap for Lowry and an expiring. If we could do that plus Jefferson & Bell for Gasol, I love our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    why keep cap space when there is almost zero chance someone every signs here?

vCash
    double

vCash
    Of course you would do that lo. Anything involving trading big al you're on bored no matter how ridiculous it is.

Anyone catch locked on sports tip off might want to listen to it. But I'm sure you'll disagree with everything since it doesn't meet your "eye" test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nothappyinut View Post
    Of course you would do that lo. Anything involving trading big al you're on bored no matter how ridiculous it is.

Anyone catch locked on sports tip off might want to listen to it. But I'm sure you'll disagree with everything since it doesn't meet your "eye" test.

I'd only trade Jefferson to improve the team. I don't want to trade him just to trade him.

vCash
    as of right now I think the jazz are scared of losing the offense from big Al. That is why my predicis paul is the odd man out.

Al has a unique skill set and is a better player than Paul Millsap. I agree with nothappy in that the Jazz brass just isnt going to move Big al.

Personally would look hard at trading both guys. I dont think the Jazz have the stones
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    What do you guys think about Burks and Bell for Jimmer and Outlaw? From an outsiders POV it looks like it could benefit both of you. You guys would have a talented young PG who looks like he just needs a change of scenery. Burks is a good young player, but isn't getting the minutes needed to progess.

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast