Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    jennings intrigues me, but i doubt he'd be a good fit. HELL NO to ellis, expensive and i hate his play. i don't want to be a team that gets 50% of it's shots (not scoring, shots) from beyond the foul line. chandler is intriguing as well, but i'm not sure if we'd find a better offer. we will have a very high turn-over in players next year, so we might do well to try really hard to keep one, if not both. trading both would be akin to shooting ourselves in the face and i think it's stupider than that asinine post about freakin cj being decent for us. we will not get a pf or c of jefferson's calibre, he's more valuable to us than millsap, so i think he stays. i doubt anyone will value him more than us, and we will have money to resign him... it's not that difficult of a decision, imo, esp with the way he's been playing the last 6 weeks.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I was a fan of Chandler prior to his appearance in Denver, him plus Q. Miller even without a pick is definitely intriguing to me. I would like to get Iggy, but I'd be down for Chandler just as well.

I'm not a fan of Ilyasova, at least not in Utah. He's got the same problem Jefferson does...dude doesn't move. Jennings could be interesting, but I'm not sold on his passing, and I'm not sure what his contract situation is. Gooden is good, but he's also getting pretty old. Def wouldn't mind having Dunleavy in Utah as an addition in any trade.

As for Brooklyn, Gerald Wallace isn't worth his contract, but throw in a young talented guard like Brooks and I'd take Wallace. Really don't see much of a chance of any trade with Brooklyn though.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    Do any of those teams have a PG we would want? Jennings from Milwauke would be good... but I don't think Milsap is enough to get him. Plus he is an expiring contract and what are the chances he would want to sign an extension with the Jazz.
    Suns already offering Dragic and Gortat for Jennings and salary fillers. Suns were also interested in Ellis. That news broke out just before Suns/Bucks tip off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    1) Apparently you know what Millsap's value is across the league. Didn't realize you had a weekly call with GMs.

2) You would be surprised what a team may do if they feel like a player is the missing piece to them making a run this year; see it all the time at the trade deadline. as long as kahn has a job, anything goes.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that millsaps value isn't even 1/4th the value jazz fans put on him. You listen to David locke I also believe he does talk with gms correct? Okay well he also agree with what I posted. Noone is going to give up a nice assets to trade for millsap when then can just go after him in the off season and I don't think it's going to be the same crowd draw as say if someone like Dwight Howard is a free agent. He is a player like Carl Landry David lee (David lee is playing a lot better this year ill add) Brandon bass. So he will find some one to pick him up he will probably get around 10mil a year but teams are not busting down the jazz door to trade for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nothappyinut View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that millsaps value isn't even 1/4th the value jazz fans put on him. You listen to David locke I also believe he does talk with gms correct? Okay well he also agree with what I posted. Noone is going to give up a nice assets to trade for millsap when then can just go after him in the off season and I don't think it's going to be the same crowd draw as say if someone like Dwight Howard is a free agent. He is a player like Carl Landry David lee (David lee is playing a lot better this year ill add) Brandon bass. So he will find some one to pick him up he will probably get around 10mil a year but teams are not busting down the jazz door to trade for him.
    Nobody is comparing Millsap to Dwight Howard. Get real NotHappy. A comparison with David Lee is a good one. Both guys are solid all around players and when given opportunities are very good players. I don't think your average Jazz fan overvalues Millsap, but they also don't want to lose him for nothing. Some don't even want to lose him at all. He's been such a key part of this team for so long and has been the guy who has changed his game to fit so many different playing styles and personalities (AK, Deron, Boozer, Okur, Al, etc.) and he's done it well.

There's not a team in the league that wouldn't want Paul Millsap especially at the contract he has now. Our situation is just so damn complicated because we're borderline .500, we have youth that isn't quite ready but everybody wants to see them play, and yet we have two bigs we are pretty damn good already.

What we need is better PG play and more consistent wing play. If Paul can acquire that, then I'm in. IF, IF, IF Al is going to expect $15 or more this summer, we should consider trading him because he would get us better assets in return. Of course this is going to make some people cry, but my opinion as a Jazz fan is that Al isn't worth $15 million a year.

vCash
    man i would love to have dragic. i think he fits our system very nicely. it seems like phoenix wants a wing though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    man i would love to have dragic. i think he fits our system very nicely. it seems like phoenix wants a wing though...
    Jefferson to the Bucks
    Jennings to Phoenix
    Dragic and Gortat to Utah

We could resign Millsap to something more reasonable than $10 a year and still have 4 good big men. Gortat is an underrated beast and Dragic could run our offense so well. His size could give us the option to play him alongside Mo at times when Mo returns.

vCash
    If I were the bucks, I'd rather have Dragic and Gortat over Jefferson.

vCash
    If I were Phoenix I would want someone at the guard position able to score not named Shannon Brown
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2p7a5f

What do you guys think of this?

Jazz Lose- Al, Paul and Marvin
    Jazz Get- Gasol, Chandler, QMiller and 1st rounder from Denver
    $$$$- Jazz save $6.5mil this year

Lakers Lose- Gasol
    Lakers Get- Al and Marvin
    $$$$- Lakers spend an extra $4.3mil this year plus luxury tax. If they need to throw in some salaries to the Jazz, we can afford it.

Nuggets Lose- Chandler, Miller and 1st rounder
    Nuggets Get- Millsap
    $$$$- Nuggets spend an extra $2.4ish mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerisgreat View Post
    I agree the money is better with chandler, but I think a guard is more of a need for the jazz. Another option might be trying to trade with charlotte for kemba walker. I've read a bunch of posts about getting eric bledsoe, but I really don't see him as a good fit. What I think the jazz need most is someone who can facilitate the offense and also be a scoring threat.
    Charlotte would never give us Kemba Walker. Bledsoe would be a great fit on the team but why would the clippers even trade him? They are in second place, his contract is cheap, and he helps them win games. People seem to think that the Clippers are jumping at the chance to get rid of bledsoe but I don't see it.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wc2m5p

Or this one saves us less money and the lakers come out even.. But, they don't get Marvin

vCash
    I think that's a lame trade. Honestly, trade jefferson and milsap essentially for gasol and chandler? That's trading quality players for an aging soft big and a wing that's injury prone. Plus that doesn't help our guard situation at all.

vCash
    no way will i sign on to getting gasol. no no no no no no.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    what about jefferson to toronto for davis and calderon?

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast