Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ i would let paul go for that package. chandler is solid, Q Miller is a nice project with big upside and a pick is always nice. its that or we lose paul for nothing. let's face it, he's gonna get around $12-14M on the open market and we won't be the idiots who overpay.

vCash
    hollinger analysis on Q. Miller:

Analysis
    I have no idea why this guy lasted until the second round. A top-10 recruit out of high school, Miller tore his ACL before going to Baylor and struggled at times during his freshman season. Here's what "struggling" looked like: He averaged double figures against one of the nation's toughest schedules as a freshman, had a high free throw rate and shot 81.6 percent from the stripe, and his other numbers were solid across the board.

Making no allowance for his recovery, my Draft Rater had him as the No. 5 prospect coming out this season. While the knee worried teams, it's also a source of hope -- he can be even better than he's shown already. Miller might be this year's DeJuan Blair -- a lottery talent consigned to the second round on overblown injury concerns, except his upside is a lot higher than Blair's.

vCash
    Next year's roster:

Burks
    Hayward, Murphy
    Chandler, Marvin (prob), QMiller
    Favors, Evans
    Kanter

Bring back Al ($14mil), Mo ($8mil) and Foye ($4mil). Maybe Carroll too depending on if Marvin comes back and the development of Miller, Murphy and Burks.
    Plus at least two first rounders and maybe one from the nuggs (or 2014).

That's a 14 man roster.

vCash
    ^^I loved the idea of drafting Miller in the teens last year if we would have had a pick. He's got a durant body and great shooting ability. Still super young and growing but I'd take him on as a project any day!

5. 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    just hard to imagine us trading with a division rival...package helps both clubs tho i think.

vCash
    We traded Eric Maynor within the division to OKC a few years ago and Denver traded Ray Felton for Andre Miller to Portland within the last couple years. If it helps both teams, I don't think the division matters much.

vCash
    ^We also traded for Al Jefferson from within the division.

vCash
    I just don't see us trading for anything. I don't think we can get anyone good in return for millsap for two reasons.

1.) he isn't valued as much around the league as jazz fans value him not even in the slightest. ill say millsaps value is much higher to the jazz right now since he knows the plays knows the team knows the entire system inside out and we are currently winning with the players now. So bringing in someone else someone new could muddy the waters for this year. Since we are currently in a playoff hunt.

2.) why would a team trade for him and give up a good asset when they can just sign him in the offseason. I don't think it's going to be a huge bidding war for him. There will be a few teams wanting is services but I don't think it's 5-10 teams battling it out for a third big.

I think we stay how it is keep all the money where it is, let millsap walk when he gets offered 9mil plus and resign Jefferson to between 14-16mil for 4 years have a player or team option somewhere in there and have it front loaded.

I wish we could go out and trade some small assets for a upgrade at backup pg. We are another pg injury away from it becoming real bad for us. The ages if Watson and Tinsley isn't on our side.

I will say this I think the jazz could trade millsap if they think they can find a third big that has no problem backing up favors and his current salary still keeps the jazz with plenty of flexibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nothappyinut View Post
    I just don't see us trading for anything. I don't think we can get anyone good in return for millsap for two reasons.

1.) he isn't valued as much around the league as jazz fans value him not even in the slightest. ill say millsaps value is much higher to the jazz right now since he knows the plays knows the team knows the entire system inside out and we are currently winning with the players now. So bringing in someone else someone new could muddy the waters for this year. Since we are currently in a playoff hunt.

2.) why would a team trade for him and give up a good asset when they can just sign him in the offseason. I don't think it's going to be a huge bidding war for him. There will be a few teams wanting is services but I don't think it's 5-10 teams battling it out for a third big.

I think we stay how it is keep all the money where it is, let millsap walk when he gets offered 9mil plus and resign Jefferson to between 14-16mil for 4 years have a player or team option somewhere in there and have it front loaded.

I wish we could go out and trade some small assets for a upgrade at backup pg. We are another pg injury away from it becoming real bad for us. The ages if Watson and Tinsley isn't on our side.

I will say this I think the jazz could trade millsap if they think they can find a third big that has no problem backing up favors and his current salary still keeps the jazz with plenty of flexibility.
    1) Apparently you know what Millsap's value is across the league. Didn't realize you had a weekly call with GMs.

2) You would be surprised what a team may do if they feel like a player is the missing piece to them making a run this year; see it all the time at the trade deadline. as long as kahn has a job, anything goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    1) Apparently you know what Millsap's value is across the league. Didn't realize you had a weekly call with GMs.

2) You would be surprised what a team may do if they feel like a player is the missing piece to them making a run this year; see it all the time at the trade deadline. as long as kahn has a job, anything goes.
    Would it even be that bad if we don't trade Millsap, make the playoffs, and then let him walk if he doesn't want to resign for a reasonable price after the season? If he walks, we should have cap space to go after a PG. That can be looked at as a trade. By then, Favors should hopefully develop enough to take the starting PF job. Kanter should also develop and be a good backup as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman86 View Post
    Any interest in Wilson Chandler?
    Millsap for Chandler, Q Miller and a pick?

I really think Denver would jump on this.. They have tons of wing players and not enough minutes to go around.
    I think that's a lot. I don't think the jazz are very interested in picks with all the youth they have. You also need to add another player from the jazz because we already have a full roster. The Jazz are not going to buy Raja out. They won't trade him either. They don't want him in the nba for the negativity he will spread about the Jazz.

vCash
    I think chandler would be an alright fit for us, but I don't think he would be worth one of our bigs. A better trade for us would be going after Brandon Jennings or Monta Ellis. They shoot a lot, but they would upgrade our backcourt and help develop our your bigs.

vCash
    Just to start, I live in Denver and watch almost every Nuggets game. They have a really nice roster as is and they could potentially make a deep run in the playoffs if they had a guy like Millsap THIS YEAR. They could try to sign him in the offseason but their chances of getting him in a competitive market would be much lower than if they were to start to build some on court chemistry with him to finish this season. If he fits and they are willing to pay him, why wouldn't he stay?

The two biggest weaknesses that the Nuggets have are 1, post scoring and 2, outside shooting.
    1. Do you know how bad their post situation is?? They actually post up Javale McGee, Kosta Koufos and Kenneth Faried and try to score!!! None of them can even hold a candle to Millsap down low. McGee can certainly score but it is ugly to see him create for himself. Koufos has developed a decent hook shot but it mostly comes off of a set up from someone else. Faried purely scores off of energy plays.
    2. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Millsap is a great shooter. But, they really thrived last year with Al Harrington because he could stretch the floor a little so that their guards could get into the paint. In a system like they have in Denver, Millsap could easily play a stretch 4 from 15-25 feet out and he would instantly become the best shooting big man that they have.

Chandler is a really nice player on a pretty decent contract but do they need him? They have Iggy and Gallo starting in front of him playing 30+ minutes a night. Corey Brewer has been amazing all year off the bench for them and he is a lot cheaper. Andre Miller and Ty play on the floor a lot together which eats up some of the wing minutes. And, in the last couple years they drafted Jordan Hamilton and Evan Fournier. Since he has been back from injury, he's actually played most of his minutes at PF. What does that tell you? They need another PF.

Some of you are saying that Denver, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't be interested in giving up any assets to get a guy that they can just sign in the offseason. I hope that I convinced at least some of you that there is value for Denver to finish the season with Millsap on their roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerisgreat View Post
    I think chandler would be an alright fit for us, but I don't think he would be worth one of our bigs. A better trade for us would be going after Brandon Jennings or Monta Ellis. They shoot a lot, but they would upgrade our backcourt and help develop our your bigs.
    One of the benefits of adding Chandler is that he has a pretty good contract in place. If we were to get Jennings, we would have to sign him to a big deal this offseason. Ellis makes $11mil next year and he could potentially opt out of that if he didn't want to be in Utah.

Chandler is making $5.9mil this year, $6.3 next year, $6.7 the next and a non guaranteed $7.1mil the next year.
    $20mil over the next three years is very reasonable.

vCash
    I agree the money is better with chandler, but I think a guard is more of a need for the jazz. Another option might be trying to trade with charlotte for kemba walker. I've read a bunch of posts about getting eric bledsoe, but I really don't see him as a good fit. What I think the jazz need most is someone who can facilitate the offense and also be a scoring threat.

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast