Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Paul is one of our only bigs that knows how to pass. Our interior would be passing to Al and watch him decide what he wants to do for 5 seconds, then he either drives or takes a jump shot. Dude doesnt know how to pass on a cut, and if he does, I think he does on a mistake.
    I have noted this as being the reason Paul and Marvin having a hard time doing their jobs. How can you be a "stockton to malone", when you have AL in the paint wanting the ball more than wanting to get your rebound(which is the opposite of what tradtional C's do for Jazz Ball). You see this on the defensive side, where we are in the bottom of the league in Defensive rebounds(and defensive eff.) even though we have a "big team".

I think Paul has a hard time getting to the basket because Al doesn't make room sometimes. I think Paul has been getting most his points on Fast Break points cause he only gets few good looks for jump shots, and has to run hard into the paint to make the better shots while the defense is set.

Marvin is just not getting enough shots to justify his continued shooting on the 3pt. Like I have said before, they hit that panic button way to early. If Marv goes 1/5, so what, I would pull a guy out if he can't hit his averages by 10 attempts, which should be 3-4 makes from all our 3pt shooters including Tinsley.

If they leave Marvin in long enough and let him get enough shots he will have more of those hot nights...same with Foye and Tinsley. Why care for .400 if you don't make 10 points a night minimum. If I was coach/PG leader, I would make sure each Foye and Marvin get five-ten attempts per half(if so they should be making 10-20pt's a night. And Tinsley/Watson this goes for them to, the defenders can defend easier if your PG isn't shooting or running in the paint to draw defenders(who go for the rebound, thats when you toss it back out).
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    Paul is one of our only bigs that knows how to pass. Our interior would be passing to Al and watch him decide what he wants to do for 5 seconds, then he either drives or takes a jump shot. Dude doesnt know how to pass on a cut, and if he does, I think he does on a mistake.
    pauls ast % is 14 right now al's is 11% neither are steller passers. one guy I am warming up on is brandon jennings. sure he is a chucker, but if you have a defense like the bucks you can win with guys like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    pauls ast % is 14 right now al's is 11% neither are steller passers. one guy I am warming up on is brandon jennings. sure he is a chucker, but if you have a defense like the bucks you can win with guys like that
    I rather have tough defense than hot shooters. Because we score on fast breaks, and the best teams get stops and run the ball in for the easy buckets, making your tempo nice, and your dominance obvious.

vCash
    problem is we have 0 offense from our pg's and jennings is a good defender

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    problem is we have 0 offense from our pg's and jennings is a good defender
    I would do anything to get Brandon Jennings.

vCash
    I'm so tired of the current roster. I hope our new GM gets aggressive & soon. We've wasted years of growth sitting Favors & Kanter so much and we've probably lost out on some value for Al and Millsap by waiting so late to trade them.

vCash
    Well hopefully after Al's good game we can ditch the dude. He has the most trade value on this team not named Hayward, Kanter, Burks, Favors
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Do you guys think Al Horford could be had with Big Al and one or two of our draft picks next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman86 View Post
    Do you guys think Al Horford could be had with Big Al and one or two of our draft picks next year?
    No. I'd love to see Horford in a Jazz uniform but he'd stunt the growth of our bigs just the same. I sure wish he could get on a roster where he plays PF.

vCash
    For those that think the Jazz would be better off if they hurried up and traded Al, I ask you this:

What would the Jazz primary option be on offense, and how many points in the paint do you suppose the Jazz would average?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    For those that think the Jazz would be better off if they hurried up and traded Al, I ask you this:

What would the Jazz primary option be on offense, and how many points in the paint do you suppose the Jazz would average?
    I believe with a strong PF, with Mo back in the picture, Jazz could begin a new pick a roll, and rely on Mo, Hayward and Favors. Key word, Mo, a big time shooter, leader and closer.

I mean who has their Center being their biggest scorer and leader. I mean its nice, but shouldn't we rely on good open shots, not 1 on 1 jump shots from our Center.

If our starters don't start keeping the leads that our bench makes, I think things will get drastic especially if we can't get back above .500 here soon. I mean with trade deadline coming, the guys who don't want to be here will continue to be worst and worst.

I thought Millsap could run the pick and roll, but his bite is gone. Favors has a better bite, and would be good enough. With Mo, Hayward, and favors on the floor, we would do a great job. I mean our bench is amazing, and lack any real performance from a PG, the MOST IMPORTANT part of Jazz basketball! You add a great PG like Mo, and they will be Great!

I think Mo, and Carroll should be resigned. Only if Mo isn't out for the season. I think Tinsley is good enough for bench, but I would like to see a younger guys who can lead, shoot and assist. Watson is just pathetic when it comes to what Mo can do.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-31-2012 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post

Every time Al is out with an injury, our ball movement is amazing, and Favors puts up 20/10 daily. So why does scoring have to rely on one person? It is a team sport and a team after all. Maybe thats why Utah is losing, relying on a glorified 2nd option to be our 1st option is really killing us.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Every time Al is out with an injury, our ball movement is amazing, and Favors puts up 20/10 daily. So why does scoring have to rely on one person? It is a team sport and a team after all. Maybe thats why Utah is losing, relying on a glorified 2nd option to be our 1st option is really killing us.
    In a quicker way, this is pretty much what I meant. Why have your high scorer in one man, especially a center(unless he can put 30 a night).

I believe in Jazz Basketball and our bench can play it to perfection...well close. Our starters are so whack, its like a jigsaw puzzle when figuring out what happens every game.

The fact is, you got to either switch it up, or trade. I think we would be better off taking their cap space and finding some hot FA's to fill in our new bench, and shift the bench to starters. I just don't think Jazz have big enough balls to do such a drastric change mid season.....unless we look like were not going to playoffs.

vCash
    Whether or not we trade Al, I'm convinced millsap has to go. Watching him the last few games he looks so removed from the games. If you would have told me two months ago that I would be saying what I am I would have laughed at you. To Al's credit, he's the one coaching kanter and favors during time outs. Al has probably helped in kanters development as much as anyone. My vote is try to get a pg out of 'sap and a draft pick. What good is mo is he spends most games in slacks.

vCash
    Millsap got better every single season until last year. He was a key player for us on good playoff teams. He carried the load for us when Boozer was hurt (which was often). He'd do anything that we'd ask him to do. We always asked him to do more yet last year and this year we just pushed Millsap aside.

Without saying it, we pretty much told him that we'd rather force feed Al Jefferson almost every possession than play Jazz basketball where we cut, move without the ball and play within a system. Millsap (and a bunch of Jazz fans) probably just doesn't feel like running everything through Jefferson is justified.

Stats don't win basketball games. Teams win basketball games. We haven't been a team since Al Jefferson has been the focal point. And I don't give a rat's *** if the guy is one of 5 guys averaging a double double, I'd rather have 9 guys averaging 9 points a game but have a winning record. To me, Millsap seems like that type of guy and he's tired of seeing this team go nowhere fast.

Just my two cents. And for the record, I'd trade Jefferson and Millsap. Through trading those guys, we would receive at least one or two big men in return even if just backups for Kanter and Favors. And I think Jeremy Evans has potential to be a good backup, game changing PF off the bench. We didn't resign him just to enter the dunk contest.
    Last edited by Lo Porto; 12-31-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast