Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Trade Thread

with dec 15 there are going to be lots of rumors now
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets

Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap
    It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Jefferson or Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point in the next 10 weeks. For two reasons.

1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21.

2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

The challenge is trying to determine which of the two is most likely to move unless you expect the Jazz to surprise us again and ship out both.

The handful of teams consulted by ESPN.com this week were split. Some nominate Millsap because he's not at Jefferson's All-Star level. Some nominate Jefferson because Millsap's skill set theoretically meshes better with Favors and Kanter.

Our conclusion? No surprise that there's no consensus given how hard Utah has always been to read, as most famously seen in February 2011 when it shocked everyone by abruptly trading Deron Williams to the Nets mere days after Jerry Sloan's shocking resignation. Our best advice: Stay tuned.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...000418190.html
    Paul Millsap (AP)Paul Millsap: Utah Jazz, 27, PF

Contract status: Making $8.6 million in final contract year.

Buzz: The Utah Jazz are in the playoff hunt and have two starting big men in the last years of their deals in Millsap and Al Jefferson. Utah also has two talented young big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. Any big move by new general manager Dennis Lindsey, however, could disrupt Utah's playoff hopes.

"I would think they would more likely trade Millsap over Jefferson because he is going to be harder to keep," one GM said. "He's made less money than Jefferson and he will go to the highest bidder."

vCash
    then on insider they posted this it will give you a good laugh. Unless the lakes have a way to take control of other teams this won't happen

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aw36hpx
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 12-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    I still think Favors and Millsap for Love sounds like a great scenario. plausible
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    ^ Favors AND Milsap for Love? That sounds crazy to me - we don't know what Favors is capabpe of doing yet - My feeling is that he's going to be MUCH better than Love... Favors and Milsap for Love and Williams maybe...

But honestly these trades for other PFs (Gasol. Love, Etc) don't make sense... what we need is a star PG!!

vCash
    I posted this everywhere, so i might as well post it here. I'd like to read a Jazz fans perspective on this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4glutj

Lakers get: Milsap, Howard, JJ Barea, Raja Bell.
    Twolves get: Pau.
    Jazz get: Derrick Williams, Memphis' 1st round pick from the wolves, and their own 1st round pick from the wolves.

Lakers get Milsap who might be a better fit next to Howard. Barea would be their best back up PG.

Roster:
    Nash/Barea/Duhon
    Kobe/Meeks/Bell
    Artest/Kobe/Howard
    Milsap/Artest/Hill
    Howard/Hill

T-wolves get Pau at C, probably a great fit next to Love. The wolves can then use pekovic as trade bait. (send him to the magic for instance to get Redick)

Roster:
    Rubio/Ridnour
    Redick/Shved/Roy
    Kirilenko/Budinger
    Love/Kirilenko/Steimsma
    Pau/Love/Steimsma

Utah get a young PF/SF combo in Derick Williams to help replace Milsaps minutes. They get 2 1st round picks, including their own which is the most important piece for them as they can afford to have a bad season and get a high pick. They can still use Al Jefferson as trade bait.

Roster:
    ?/Williams/Watson
    Hayward/Foye
    Evans/Williams
    Favors/Williams
    Kanter/Favors

Jazz get rid of a lot of salary, and get 2 1st round picks in next years draft.

vCash
    Use Jefferson to try and get a star PG or a lottery pick.

vCash
    well to destroy your trade the jazz gave their pick the to the twolves last year they don't owe any more. I mean they don't own any draft picks to anyone. as for derrick williams I wanted him last year, but thus far he seems to just be a disappointment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Use Jefferson to try and get a star PG or a lottery pick.
    if the jazz could get a star pg for jefferson they would do it in a second

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantico View Post
    ^ Favors AND Milsap for Love? That sounds crazy to me - we don't know what Favors is capabpe of doing yet - My feeling is that he's going to be MUCH better than Love... Favors and Milsap for Love and Williams maybe...

But honestly these trades for other PFs (Gasol. Love, Etc) don't make sense... what we need is a star PG!!
    love fully healthy is a top 10 player I don't see favors ever getting close to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    love fully healthy is a top 10 player I don't see favors ever getting close to that.
    I agree ,

even if you only have love under contract for two more seasons, You offer a max deal and go all in to try and keep him.

Favors is my favorite asset on this team but I would part with him for a shot at Kevin Love long term.

Favors and Love would be unreal.

but... if you have to trade favors you still have Kanter.....
    Hi There

vCash
    I think this is what makes a trade so tough and why it hasn't happened yet. who are you going to get back? a big doesn't help at all and I am not sure with only 1 year left jefferson or millsap will bring back anyone better then mo williams, marvin williams and gordon hayward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think this is what makes a trade so tough and why it hasn't happened yet. who are you going to get back? a big doesn't help at all and I am not sure with only 1 year left jefferson or millsap will bring back anyone better then mo williams, marvin williams and gordon hayward.
    i disagree a bit on Paul's value. Favors has immense value, Big Al is tough to move but...

I think the jazz have enough assets to make a big move.
    Hi There

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=be4znu9

Bledsoe for Millsap is realistic and helps both teams. Bledsoe will be a starter in this league someday. He was a football player, and plays with a toughness the Jazz could use. The Clippers need more depth on their frontcourt for a playoff run. I don't think Al is a good fit with Blake or CP3, he dominates the ball too much for them. The Clippers have plenty of guard depth.

vCash
    Switch Watson for Bell and I'd be on board.

vCash
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...the-nba-market

This article mentions Millsap for Gasol among other good ideas. He also talks about the Clips needing another big and that Bledsoe should be available.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast