Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chin up, Mavs fans!

This is my focus thread (inspired by thedfactor but it goes out to all of you followers):

Chin up, life goes on! Still proud of being a Mavs fan!

I know it's not THAT worse right now but for a few it might feel like it is. That's reason enough (to me) why I (personally out of my view) felt that there is a need for saying the following:

Whenever you feel embarresed by a loss or about certain things our team does or does not (same goes for any of our players, coaching, staff), give yourself some time to calm down. Settle. Wipe away the anger and disapointment and... at such a point it's surely never right to blanch neither the facts nor your feelings but we still need your support. Come on, they might beat us on the court but they can't beat US as a whole.

Yeah it's in fact a difference how you are losing games, I can understand that but I'm just saying our franchise doesn't do it on purpose and it's not helping either to pummel on them each and every time. Better times will be coming, worser too, not denying that also. That's life.

However, you guys are free to do whatever you want, I'm just saying that we're enough out there who are actually shaking our heads sometimes (quiet often to be honest) but please continue your support.

Go Mavs! We will strike back.

vCash
    I thought we'd be dog **** right now so the fact we're near .500 is cool with me. Mayo is everything I hoped he could be and more. Although last night was maybe the most painful regular season game I've ever watched I think we've surpassed expectations of what we should be without Dirk in a transition year.

vCash
    ^
    the problem about the last 2 games is that the other teams started to double mayo ! and we have beside kaman(i can't understand why he is not playing more minutes) nobody who can score constintent.
    When dirk comes back mayo will have more freedom to hit some trees penetrate more. Dirk/Mayo fantastic duo

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    only concern tho has anyone noticed how SOFT Dirk's personality has gotten post-marriage and post Championship? Every time he has an interview or something it's "Im so in love right now I've opened a new chapter to my life "

Im not saying it's gonna translate to the court but he's always so damn happy and smiley Im scared he lost his competitive edge once getting a ring and the second ring was the nail in the coffin for his competitive edge

vCash
    Kaman is annoying and a 100% a stop gap player. But he has a pretty damn good offensive post game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    only concern tho has anyone noticed how SOFT Dirk's personality has gotten post-marriage and post Championship? Every time he has an interview or something it's "Im so in love right now I've opened a new chapter to my life "

Im not saying it's gonna translate to the court but he's always so damn happy and smiley Im scared he lost his competitive edge once getting a ring and the second ring was the nail in the coffin for his competitive edge
    As long as he's focused. Perhaps he's more relaxed now and though, balanced to make the right choices during the games. Not that he hasn't but being more comfortable off court maybe increases the possibility to be less stressed on court. This and relying to what you're capable off, what you've achieved and that you've proven it in crucial sitruations. That knowledge in the mix ;-) is quiet a base to be successfull. Especially when you're back at full health also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Kaman is annoying and a 100% a stop gap player. But he has a pretty damn good offensive post game.
    We should take more advantage of that. Our team hasn't figurd out yet how to play together - sadly - and I don't understand that, nevertheless some injuries and roster changes. Just look at the number of all our starting formations this seasons.

Kaman... Him and Dirk showed it as "nationals" ;-) Their chemistry used to be good so far. Add Mayo to that, Wright, Marion, small, quick guards. An old one as well and...we still need more guys able to defend, to rebound and to shoot threes. I still wait for Collison and Brand to break out. Gotta have to have patience.

Even if we have more embarassing losses, they'll have to go through it and so do we. We'll take lessons and we'll learn them. Good news, we're as much of a championship team thois year as the Lakers are, so come on... and nothing will chnage on that. My consolation prize goes to LA and no one here expected us to win anything either. So we're okay.

At best I want us to do some turmoil within the NBA, to be the one team responsible for making the point. Not Toronto or Charlotte which are...yeah, to give them credit... winners against teams like ours.
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael; 12-16-2012 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    ^
    the problem about the last 2 games is that the other teams started to double mayo ! and we have beside kaman(i can't understand why he is not playing more minutes) nobody who can score constintent.
    When dirk comes back mayo will have more freedom to hit some trees penetrate more. Dirk/Mayo fantastic duo
    This Dirk and Mayo

that's all we are going to need

OJ Mayo 40 points 8 rebounds vs James Harden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6DCFAfuDo

vCash
    Dirk will return next week against Denver or San Antonio. That's what I've read and what he said if things continue to (finally) work out.

Give him some weeks and let's see what he can do.
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael; 12-23-2012 at 08:00 AM.

vCash
    Dirk is back tonight!!!

vCash
    He's like a blonde angel (a bit too early) descending from heaven to herald... that we shouldn't expect wonders.

vCash
    Still sticking to our team, why not? We're standing tall.

vCash
    When was the last time we lost 6 in a row?

vCash
    I dunno. Got to look it up on myself first. Maybe 10 years ago.

vCash
    Quote:

...the Mavericks, whose losing streak is their longest since January of their championship season in 2010-11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast