Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    I think Dickey has a little too much Sidd Finch in him for the front office's taste...
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,879
    vCash
    1500

    Let the Smear Job begin

    Simply put Dickey's name is not family friendly, so it goes against the Mets brand.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,593
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Simply put Dickey's name is not family friendly, so it goes against the Mets brand.
    I don't know, I heard all the women watch when he steps up to the plate with his bat.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,434
    vCash
    1500
    Dickey turns bats into noodles with his hard knuckle.
    Go Grab My Belt

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Did I, or did I not say that the Mets think they can win a PR war with RA Dickey?

    And now this, with "information" obviously leaked by the FO. (Stuff about him not endearing himself to his teammates isn't something one just says unless they're claiming to have knowledge of the situation)

    Davidoff's article reminds me of Fox News attacking Obama or someone else on the left for making a comment about an event. "How dare he use the Christmas party to promote his brand? How dare he do it in front of the chirrun?!" Meanwhile, Sandy Alderson can jump on MLB TV or any other outlet at any time of day and say, basically, that they hold the key to RA's future. This is hypocrisy at its slimiest and most, um, hypo...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Did I, or did I not say that the Mets think they can win a PR war with RA Dickey?

    And now this, with "information" obviously leaked by the FO. (Stuff about him not endearing himself to his teammates isn't something one just says unless they're claiming to have knowledge of the situation)

    Davidoff's article reminds me of Fox News attacking Obama or someone else on the left for making a comment about an event. "How dare he use the Christmas party to promote his brand? How dare he do it in front of the chirrun?!" Meanwhile, Sandy Alderson can jump on MLB TV or any other outlet at any time of day and say, basically, that they hold the key to RA's future. This is hypocrisy at its slimiest and most, um, hypo...
    Obviously

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Obviously
    Great counter-point.

    Wait, is a counter-point when you just repeat a word somebody said and roll your eyes? Or is that just immature pantomiming? I can never keep them straight...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Great counter-point.

    Wait, is a counter-point when you just repeat a word somebody said and roll your eyes? Or is that just immature pantomiming? I can never keep them straight...
    What am I supposed to counter. You have ZERO and I mean ZERO proof that anything came from the FO, yet you are passing it off as fact. Not only that, but you are referencing a time you said the Mets would try to win a PR battle with Dickey.

    Since we hate the Wilpons and the FO this clearly can't be just some writer trying to get hits on a website.

    Lets not even forget that Dickey could refuse to sign an extension with Toronto and really **** us if we were slandering him in the public.

    There are so many reasons why this didn't come from the FO or Ownership.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    What am I supposed to counter. You have ZERO and I mean ZERO proof that anything came from the FO, yet you are passing it off as fact. Not only that, but you are referencing a time you said the Mets would try to win a PR battle with Dickey.
    Oh, so you didn't actually read the post you're so critical of. Interesting.

    Let's review: Davidoff says that Dickey's attention-grabbing did not endear himself to his teammates. Where do you think he got this information from? You think he just made it up?

    Since we hate the Wilpons and the FO this clearly can't be just some writer trying to get hits on a website.
    Holy ****, you really do think he just made it up!

    Is that the fans' M.O.? Whenever someone reports something we don't like, we just assume they have no ethics whatsoever? Hypocrisy is one thing; lying is quite another. And you simply assume he's made it up! What a joke.

    Lets not even forget that Dickey could refuse to sign an extension with Toronto and really **** us if we were slandering him in the public.
    The chances of Dickey passing on what's likely to be the most money he'll ever be offered for the rest of his life are virtually zilch. Him passing on Toronto is as likely as us dealing him simply because he said he would leave if we didn't extend him this winter.

    There are so many reasons why this didn't come from the FO or Ownership.
    I'd love to hear one. So far all you've done is plug your ears and scream "LALALALALA!"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    I mean since you know he didn't quote anybody or anything.
    And, in an underappreciated part of this saga that soared into visibility this week, Dickey can be a handful. He clearly has enjoyed his rise from the ashes into a Flushing folk hero, and while he deserves praise and riches, there’s also the matter of him having to coexist peacefully in a workplace. His gift for self-promotion and his love of attention don’t endear himself to most teammates. Instead, his durability and outstanding results led him to be appreciated but far from beloved.

    If Dickey can’t control his verbiage at a holiday party — “Folks, not today, not with the kids here” was all he had to say to reporters — then how would a full season of uncertainty feel? How many times would Dickey spout off publicly? Or work behind the scenes to make the Mets look bad and boost his own brand?
    Tell me now if this isn't just trying to stir the pot. At what point does anything point to this coming from the FO and not the writer having an opinion?

    BTW the part I quoted from the article is the only part where there is any talk about Dickey's personality. Everything else talks about his contract and the trade.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I mean since you know he didn't quote anybody or anything.


    Tell me now if this isn't just trying to stir the pot. At what point does anything point to this coming from the FO and not the writer having an opinion?
    Saying "He didn't endear himself to most teammates" is not an opinion. It's a statement of knowledge. It's not something one can claim without knowledge. It's the equivalent of me saying you have $10.60 in your pocket. I can't just assume something like that.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Saying "He didn't endear himself to most teammates" is not an opinion. It's a statement of knowledge. It's not something one can claim without knowledge.
    O so Sandy Alderson called everyone on the roster since you know it is the off season, asked how they felt, and then broke the news to reporters.

    Or maybe the author is full of **** and just giving his opinion.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    O so Sandy Alderson called everyone on the roster since you know it is the off season, asked how they felt, and then broke the news to reporters.

    Or maybe the author is full of **** and just giving his opinion.
    Wow. I really need to explain this to you?

    Sandy Alderson (or one of his cronies) is not bound by the same code of ethics that a journalist is. In other words, if he wants to slander a departing player to a journalist, he can. A journalist, meanwhile, can't just make something up. Obviously some of them do, but I'm going to need more than just "I wanna believe he's full of **** because those words are bad to my eyes! Wah!" to believe that Davidoff is lying.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Wow. I really need to explain this to you?

    Sandy Alderson (or one of his cronies) is not bound by the same code of ethics that a journalist is. In other words, if he wants to slander a departing player to a journalist, he can. A journalist, meanwhile, can't just make something up. Obviously some of them do, but I'm going to need more than just "I wanna believe he's full of **** because those words are bad to my eyes! Wah!" to believe that Davidoff is lying.
    Okay then prove it to me. Prove to me that you know the guy didn't just talk to a few players at the same event Dickey was at.

    I shouldn't have to prove anything since there is not even one quote from a team source or insider.

    O and of course he isn't just stating his opinion or talked to certain players. I mean some writers make stuff up, nut no this time because we hate ownership and the FO so this obviously is them.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Okay then prove it to me. Prove to me that you know the guy didn't just talk to a few players at the same event Dickey was at.
    Ah, the old "prove it" canard. When your argument lacks common sense, just ask your opponent to provide proof, as if any of us are insiders ourselves. Maybe that kind of cop-out BS flies in your treehouse, but it won't here. Take that nonsense elsewhere.

    I shouldn't have to prove anything
    How convenient!

    O and of course he isn't just stating his opinion or talked to certain players. I mean some writers make stuff up, nut no this time because we hate ownership and the FO so this obviously is them.
    Oh, so you're one of the FO Warriors. Stepping in and making a taking bullets for Sandy and Co at every opportunity. Well, at least now I know why your going to such absurd lengths. Yeah, because a journalist risking his reputation and possibly his career to smear a departing pitcher for New York's second baseball team is so much more likely than one of the Mets front office guys spreading a little venom discretely. I mean, because the Mets FO never does that, right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •