Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I just hate that Omar has taken so much abuse by the fans when his only issue was public speaking because the Wilpons left him with his ding dong in the wind with the media. He has a very good eye for talent and IMO is doing a good job in San Diego. As for R.A., I love the guy, how can you not but fans can't be prisoner of the moment either. If the Mets were a player away from seriously competing for a championship and they traded him because of money then I would be in an uproar but what do Mets fans really want, to go to Citi Field and pay homage to their favorite players or see this franchise finally win another championship? I am for the latter and if that means trading one of my favorite guys to land some young talent that can possibly help this team in the future I am all for it. I want to see R.A. get a chance to compete for a ring and if Toronto is indeed serious about 2013 it could be his chance to shine on a bigger stage because Toronto is looking scary good once they land him.
    Omar was a smart baseball man who had a great eye for talent and had no business running a baseball team. No business at all. It just wasn't in his skill set. I get that many of you who play Fantasy Baseball think that being a GM is all about making trades and filling a roster. It ain't. There is so much more to it than that. For starters, you have to be able to articulate the team's direction to the media as well as serve as the voice of the franchise.

Omar was ill equipped to do either. In short, he was a glorified scout who fell victim to the Peter Principle. The organization was a total mess under his watch. Perhaps you've forgotten Tony Bernazard?

But it's interesting you bring up RA Dickey. In an interview this past season. Omar admitted that the only reason he signed RA was that he thought he'd made a good coach some day and wanted him in the organization. He said he never would have thought he'd ever be this good.

Still, he gets kudos for thinking in those terms. Let's not forget he also had success with Jose Valentin and Fernando Tatis. Unfortunately, it was his dismantling of the bullpen after the 2006 team that led to the team's demise. Then the dominoes began to fall.

Yes, Omar takes a lot of heat for the team's failings and rightfully so. But guess what? Now it's Sandy's turn to be raked over the coals. What's fair is fair.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    10 games? No.

If Santana is back to early 2012 form, we will be in great shape for 2013 because the line-up would be much improved.
    If Santana is back to early 2012 I would imagine he is traded at mid season for hopefully another piece for 2014 or 2015.

vCash
    RE: Omar

Every GM, every one of them, has made good deals and horrible deals and signings. His baseball decisions were probably comparable with almost all other GMs. Google "Bad Free Agent Signings" and see what other GMs have done.

Omar had two problems…1. he was an abysmal public speaker and 2. he was a GM in the biggest market in baseball.

If Omar was GM of KLC, Seattle, Oakland and a few other remote outposts he would have been viewed much differently.

Alderson is great in front of the camera and avoids much of the grief that Omar attracted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    The Beltran deal was great. But it shouldn't be hard to get a good amount for the reigning Cy Young award winner with a cheap contract. And I'll never forgive Sandy for how he handled the Reyes situation. Omar was a great GM. We should've won the World Series in 06, and maybe even won again in 07 or 08, and its all thanks to him.
    We all do not know the behind the scenes decision on not trading Reyes...ownership may have had a big decision on this due to the apparent impact to ticket sales the second half of the season. It seemed like a no brainer to trade him in June.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman Fan View Post
    If Santana is back to early 2012 I would imagine he is traded at mid season for hopefully another piece for 2014 or 2015.
    Well said. I too feel this way, and hope that Santana can be Santana again so that we can get another good prospect for 2014-2015 and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman Fan View Post
    We all do not know the behind the scenes decision on not trading Reyes...ownership may have had a big decision on this due to the apparent impact to ticket sales the second half of the season. It seemed like a no brainer to trade him in June.
    This is what I believe happened.

vCash
    If Sandy makes a good trade here, it would would put him neck and neck with Omar and Steve Phillips (yes, he deserves credit for those 1999 and 2000 teams) for the Mets' 2nd or 3rd best GM of all time.

vCash
    When i clicked on this link, i thought this was a thank you to r a dickey who was a warrior the entire time he was here. I would like to thank him for playing his heart out for us, as for minaya his bad moves far out weighed the good ones.

vCash
    I didn't realize Omar Minaya had a PSD account. Holy cow.

Thank the guy for buying a lottery ticket? As if he had any idea what RA Dickey would become. Dude thought he was bringing in organizational depth, not a potential ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There were not many happy people either when he removed himself from the game to keep the record.
    Right, because what's good for Ted Williams isn't good for Jose Reyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Let's just say for a moment that this trade goes down with Toronto and the Mets acquire Travis d'Arnaud and Anthony Gose for R.A. you would think Sandy did it again right? Well in a way he did but if not for Omar Minaya the Mets wouldn't have had Dickey in the first place to even have three solid years including his Cy Young 2012 masterpiece he put together. So before we all go giving credit to Sandy for acquiring two fine prospects for our Cy Young Ace let's just remember who made it all possible to do so, the scapegoat, Omar Minaya.
    Jays don't want to let TDA go, you can look forward to JPA. If the mets don't want JPA then the deal falls through i would imagine.

vCash
    sorry Mets fans, I may be wrong but I highly doubt you will get Travis D'Arnaud

vCash

Thank You.........

@AdamRubinESPN: No great shock, but person aware of Mets-Jays talk says catcher Travis d'Arnaud definitely will be part of deal for it to go through.

vCash

Thank You.........

If the Jays do not give up TdA, then they don't get Dickey.

vCash
    thats what i think the deal breaker is. i can live with out 38 yo dickey but i dont speak for everyone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast