Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    More stupid decisions by ownership, the dimensions at Citi were just asinine. Only stupid individuals would build a ballpark to screw their own batters over 81 times a year.
    It does help their pitchers 81 times a year, however.

If the Mets knew that there was no way they were going to sign Reyes at the trade deadline, they should've traded him then. We got Zach Wheeler for Beltran, imagine who we could've gotten for Reyes. There worst thing we could've done was kept him for another 2 months, knowing he wasn't going to sign, and then get nothing for him.

vCash
    I'm assuming the 94 is your birthdate which would make you the same age as me, so I think you are being a little overdramtic. The Mets will win a WS at LEAST once in the next 70 years or so lol.

vCash
    You can tell he was playing not to get hurt in the last few weeks of that season. It just showed in his performance. I think the Mets saw that and it turned them off at the idea of giving him a longterm deal. Just my opinion.
    There were not many happy people either when he removed himself from the game to keep the record.

In the end I didn't want him long term for over 100 million dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Even though we let Reyes go, I'm sure he thought we'd get a first rounder in return for him, which ultimately would help the rebuilding process.

If we get TDA in return for Dickey, Sandy is a ****ing magician and a great GM.
    So he's a great GM for just because of the Wheeler trade and this?
    Besides the above he hasn't done anything of note, I understand the Wilpons have hampered his ability to spend on the draft or on FA, but Sandy's has been pretty mediocre during his tenure here.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There were not many happy people either when he removed himself from the game to keep the record.

In the end I didn't want him long term for over 100 million dollars.
    I have never liked when a player either sits out games or like Jose did, remove himself from a game to secure a title. I like what Miggy did, play 161 games and earned that Triple Crown. Sitting out could have hurt him if Hamilton or Encarnacion got hot in the last series of the year for their respective teams. As for the contract I was good with four and an option for a fifth based on performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    So he's a great GM for just because of the Wheeler trade and this?
    Besides the above he hasn't done anything of note, I understand the Wilpons have hampered his ability to spend on the draft or on FA, but Sandy's has been pretty mediocre during his tenure here.
    I have to agree and I was a very big Sandy defender on here when he came onboard. He didn't really hoodwink the Giants into trading Wheeler they were just overly aggressive and desperate for an outfielder with pop. They grossly overpaid for a rental. Toronto is getting desperate to win it all this season if they trade both those guys but seeing who they brought over in that mega trade they can't do it half ***. When you make that deal with Florida then you are all in and have to make this deal for an ace type starter like Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm assuming the 94 is your birthdate which would make you the same age as me, so I think you are being a little overdramtic. The Mets will win a WS at LEAST once in the next 70 years or so lol.
    I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers fan, which means the only championship for a team I root for was the Rangers, the sport I like the least and a week after I was born.

Had I been a Yankees, Giants, Nets, and Devils fan, I would have witnessed 10 championships.

I think I'm cursed. I'll never witness a championship. The no-hitter was the greatest sports moment of my life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers fan, which means the only championship for a team I root for was the Rangers, the sport I like the least and a week after I was born.

Had I been a Yankees, Giants, Nets, and Devils fan, I would have witnessed 10 championships.

I think I'm cursed. I'll never witness a championship. The no-hitter was the greatest sports moment of my life.
    Well the way the Knicks are looking so far your championship drought could be ending before the summer of 2013.

vCash
    Well the way the Knicks are looking so far your championship drought could be ending before the summer of 2013.
    How did the Mets look in 06?
    How did the Jets look in 10?

The teams I root for either look great and fall apart at the end of the season, perform better than expected but fall apart at the end of the season, or just suck all year.

vCash

Mets, Jets, Isles, Knicks fan since 1990 (when I was about 8).

I'm even more cursed than you!

My teams are a combined 0 for 88.

ZERO FOR EIGHTY EIGHT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Mets, Jets, Isles, Knicks fan since 1990 (when I was about 8).

I'm even more cursed than you!

My teams are a combined 0 for 88.

ZERO FOR EIGHTY EIGHT!
    Well you still got to see the Mets in 86. If I'm counting a sport I don't care about 8 days after I was born, then you have to count that.

vCash
    I have been the biggest Omar defender in here and yes he deserves the credit for signing Dickey and Beltran who are the big two pieces that Sandy has used to get young talent.

But with that said Sandy deserves equal credit for making the deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I have been the biggest Omar defender in here and yes he deserves the credit for signing Dickey and Beltran who are the big two pieces that Sandy has used to get young talent.

But with that said Sandy deserves equal credit for making the deals.
    The Beltran deal was great. But it shouldn't be hard to get a good amount for the reigning Cy Young award winner with a cheap contract. And I'll never forgive Sandy for how he handled the Reyes situation. Omar was a great GM. We should've won the World Series in 06, and maybe even won again in 07 or 08, and its all thanks to him.

vCash

Same here bro. You're not cursed and the Knicks have a legit shot this year.

vCash
    Mets, Jets, Rangers. And I'm old.

4 championships……but man were they sweet when they happened.

It will happen again……I think.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast