Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    wait...you mean there is STILL activity on other threads while the trade is going down? LOL.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    like you just said, future leadoff hitter, nothing for 2013, your taking away a 20 game winner, with that you can maybe count on this team winning 64 games this year, i'm giving up only 10 wins here, maybe more
    10 games? No.

    If Santana is back to early 2012 form, we will be in great shape for 2013 because the line-up would be much improved.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Dickey is a 38 year old pitcher who won 20 games on a 74 win ballclub that's going nowhere in the next 2 years or so. If you can land two top prospects for him I give major props to Sandy but what I am saying is Omar deserves alot of the credit for taking a chance on Dickey. And I don't think Bay was all on Omar, I really believe Tommy Boy Jeff was getting major errections at the thought of Bay pulling 25 homers alone down the line at Citi Field. Plus it was either him or give seven years to Holliday who is a better hitter no question but his health does come into question for that lengthy of a deal.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-15-2012 at 04:14 AM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Dickey is a 38 year old pitcher who won 20 games on a 74 win ballclub that's going nowhere in the next 2 years or so. If you can land two top prospects for him I give major props to Sandy but what I am saying is Omar deserves alot of the credit for taking a chance on Dickey. And I don't think Bay was all on Omar, I really believe Tommy Boy Jeff was getting major errections at the thought of Bay pulling 25 homers alone down the line at Cit Field. Plus it was either him or give seven years to Holliday who is a better hitter no question but his health does come into question for that lengthy of a deal.
    Well stated. Dickey needs to get traded because we're going to be in 4th place in 2013 one way or the other. Maybe the same in 2014. The focus has to be longer term. If we have to sacrifice wins in 2013, that was going to be a 4th place season anyway, for the future then we do it. PERIOD.

    Fans that fret over meaningless wins make my head explode. I remember in 2011 how fans didn't want Reyes traded because they didn't want the team to lose games in August and September (in a lost season anyway). How did that turn out?????

    And what you say about Jason Bay is correct. That one had Wilpon written all over.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Well stated. Dickey needs to get traded because we're going to be in 4th place in 2013 one way or the other. Maybe the same in 2014. The focus has to be longer term. If we have to sacrifice wins in 2013, that was going to be a 4th place season anyway, for the future then we do it. PERIOD.

    Fans that fret over meaningless wins make my head explode. I remember in 2011 how fans didn't want Reyes traded because they didn't want the team to lose games in August and September (in a lost season anyway). How did that turn out?????

    And what you say about Jason Bay is correct. That one had Wilpon written all over.
    No one wanted Reyes for just August and September. They wanted him re-signed. I personally wanted him traded because I wanted to jump-start the rebuilding process and his value was as high as it would ever be. Not to mention I wasn't confident in the Wilpons re-signing him.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    I truly believe Reyes being hurt in June, along with his past history of injuries, really hurt his value.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Well stated. Dickey needs to get traded because we're going to be in 4th place in 2013 one way or the other. Maybe the same in 2014. The focus has to be longer term. If we have to sacrifice wins in 2013, that was going to be a 4th place season anyway, for the future then we do it. PERIOD.

    Fans that fret over meaningless wins make my head explode. I remember in 2011 how fans didn't want Reyes traded because they didn't want the team to lose games in August and September (in a lost season anyway). How did that turn out?????

    And what you say about Jason Bay is correct. That one had Wilpon written all over.
    I just hate that Omar has taken so much abuse by the fans when his only issue was public speaking because the Wilpons left him with his ding dong in the wind with the media. He has a very good eye for talent and IMO is doing a good job in San Diego. As for R.A., I love the guy, how can you not but fans can't be prisoner of the moment either. If the Mets were a player away from seriously competing for a championship and they traded him because of money then I would be in an uproar but what do Mets fans really want, to go to Citi Field and pay homage to their favorite players or see this franchise finally win another championship? I am for the latter and if that means trading one of my favorite guys to land some young talent that can possibly help this team in the future I am all for it. I want to see R.A. get a chance to compete for a ring and if Toronto is indeed serious about 2013 it could be his chance to shine on a bigger stage because Toronto is looking scary good once they land him.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Really? I mean props to Omar for that sure.

    But if he didn't bring in Castillo, Perez, Bay, etc. we would already be signing top FA's again.
    And if he didn't bring in Pedro, Beltan, Delgado, Wagner. Alou, Nady, Lo Duca, Maine, not too mention the best bullpen in the league when we had Bradford, Sanchez, Oliver, etc, we would have never been good.

    He took us from a terrible team and turned us into the best team in the MLB. Alderson let Jose Reyes go for free. I don't understand all this love for Alderson and hate for Omar. The Perez deal is not at all as bad as letting Reyes go. Especially when you factor in all the good Omar did for the Mets.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No one wanted Reyes for just August and September. They wanted him re-signed. I personally wanted him traded because I wanted to jump-start the rebuilding process and his value was as high as it would ever be. Not to mention I wasn't confident in the Wilpons re-signing him.
    We share a mind. I was one of the few (note few) who wanted him trade in June 2011 and July 2011. I got hell for it on these boards. I knew the Wilpons didn't want to re-sign him, and I also knew he was never going to be a super .330 hitter again, and that we needed to get past him and get younger. I thought the same with Wright.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I truly believe Reyes being hurt in June, along with his past history of injuries, really hurt his value.
    You can tell he was playing not to get hurt in the last few weeks of that season. It just showed in his performance. I think the Mets saw that and it turned them off at the idea of giving him a longterm deal. Just my opinion.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    I got hell for that too. I wanted to trade Wright too because I thought he was going to decline, but it turns out it was just Citi ****ing with his head, so I got off of that idea. That ballpark was unreal.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    And if he didn't bring in Pedro, Beltan, Delgado, Wagner. Alou, Nady, Lo Duca, Maine, not too mention the best bullpen in the league when we had Bradford, Sanchez, Oliver, etc, we would have never been good.

    He took us from a terrible team and turned us into the best team in the MLB. Alderson let Jose Reyes go for free. I don't understand all this love for Alderson and hate for Omar. The Perez deal is not at all as bad as letting Reyes go. Especially when you factor in all the good Omar did for the Mets.
    That 2006 team should have won it all. Till this day I am not convinced the Cardinals were better, they just got lucky at the right time. They weren't even better than Detroit that season but they pull a New York football Giants and get hot at the end and catch everyone by surprise. I just wonder how different this franchise would be right now if they didn't get upset that year.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Well stated. Dickey needs to get traded because we're going to be in 4th place in 2013 one way or the other. Maybe the same in 2014. The focus has to be longer term. If we have to sacrifice wins in 2013, that was going to be a 4th place season anyway, for the future then we do it. PERIOD.

    Fans that fret over meaningless wins make my head explode. I remember in 2011 how fans didn't want Reyes traded because they didn't want the team to lose games in August and September (in a lost season anyway). How did that turn out?????

    And what you say about Jason Bay is correct. That one had Wilpon written all over.
    We were still very much in the playoff race halfway through last season. It's not so crazy for us to be a playoff team as soon as this year, especially with the new playoff format.

    So if I'm Sandy, I'm either trading Dickey for at least 2 major prospects, or keeping the reigning Cy Young award winner. We need big time prospects for him. He just won a Cy Young! I'm not saying he's as valuable as a guy like Price or Kershaw, but he still should have a lot of value. From the Blue Jays we need D'Arnaud and Gose (assuming he's their best outfielder prospect) at least. And we better not "throw in" Ike or Familia or anyone that's halfway decent.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I got hell for that too. I wanted to trade Wright too because I thought he was going to decline, but it turns out it was just Citi ****ing with his head, so I got off of that idea. That ballpark was unreal.
    More stupid decisions by ownership, the dimensions at Citi were just asinine. Only stupid individuals would build a ballpark to screw their own batters over 81 times a year.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    That 2006 team should have won it all. Till this day I am not convinced the Cardinals were better, they just got lucky at the right time. They weren't even better than Detroit that season but they pull a New York football Giants and get hot at the end and catch everyone by surprise. I just wonder how different this franchise would be right now if they didn't get upset that year.
    I've been saying for a while now that the Cardinals are the NY Giants of the MLB. Above average team, nothing special, but if they reach the playoffs, usually due to a bad division, they get hot and win it all.

    I cried for hours after Beltran struck out. That was our year. You could just tell. I don't think I'll ever see a Mets Championship in my life. Then again, I didn't think I'd see a no-hitter, so you never know.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •