Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS80 View Post
    thats what i think the deal breaker is. i can live with out 38 yo dickey but i dont speak for everyone
    You clearly don't speak for your GM, either. He wouldn't be this deep in talks if he didn't believe he needs RA Dickey.

2. 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Responses to Baiting

3. 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
    Reason

4. 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM
    Reason

vCash
    TdA is coming to the Mets if this deal happens. Simple as that.

What else is involved is what decides if this is a good deal for the Mets, the Jays or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    TdA is coming to the Mets if this deal happens. Simple as that.

What else is involved is what decides if this is a good deal for the Mets, the Jays or both.
    Exactly. I really can't foresee a scenario in which Sandy gives up too much. Perhaps Flores if it means getting back Gose, since Wright's extension pretty much means Flores has to move to 2B to get any ML burn. But Sandy's not going to part with a ton of prospects to get back less prospects. The team is rebuilding, we need to win this trade.

vCash
    Why the hell should we thank omar for dickey? Omar got LUCKY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

8. 12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Omar was a smart baseball man who had a great eye for talent and had no business running a baseball team. No business at all. It just wasn't in his skill set. I get that many of you who play Fantasy Baseball think that being a GM is all about making trades and filling a roster. It ain't. There is so much more to it than that. For starters, you have to be able to articulate the team's direction to the media as well as serve as the voice of the franchise.

Omar was ill equipped to do either. In short, he was a glorified scout who fell victim to the Peter Principle. The organization was a total mess under his watch. Perhaps you've forgotten Tony Bernazard?

But it's interesting you bring up RA Dickey. In an interview this past season. Omar admitted that the only reason he signed RA was that he thought he'd made a good coach some day and wanted him in the organization. He said he never would have thought he'd ever be this good.

Still, he gets kudos for thinking in those terms. Let's not forget he also had success with Jose Valentin and Fernando Tatis. Unfortunately, it was his dismantling of the bullpen after the 2006 team that led to the team's demise. Then the dominoes began to fall.

Yes, Omar takes a lot of heat for the team's failings and rightfully so. But guess what? Now it's Sandy's turn to be raked over the coals. What's fair is fair.
    Hey, I am not saying the guy didn't make his share of mistakes but let's give credit where credit is due, even if it was by fluke because Omar thought R.A. would be a great coach one day, he signed him and now the Mets have an opportunity to make a move for the future. You can't blame Omar if he wasn't GM material, the Wilpons are the ones who hired him. Like was said in theis forum numerous times, the Wilpons used Omar as a puppet and had control over him because they figured if he didn't listen to them and failed in New York that he would possibly never get another job in baseball again. Fortunately as you said he has a great eye for talent and San Diego took full advantage of that by hiring him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Hey, I am not saying the guy didn't make his share of mistakes but let's give credit where credit is due, even if it was by fluke because Omar thought R.A. would be a great coach one day, he signed him and now the Mets have an opportunity to make a move for the future. You can't blame Omar if he wasn't GM material, the Wilpons are the ones who hired him. Like was said in theis forum numerous times, the Wilpons used Omar as a puppet and had control over him because they figured if he didn't listen to them and failed in New York that he would possibly never get another job in baseball again. Fortunately as you said he has a great eye for talent and San Diego took full advantage of that by hiring him.
    You already have another job, Omar, why are you still trolling the Mets forum?

vCash
    To our Jays fan on here, you know what it could be alot worse than losing TDA for a guy who just won a Cy Young Award, you could be the Rangers and lose Hamilton to your biggest division rival no less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    According to all the reports we are at least getting

C - Travis D’Arnaud
    OF - Anthony Gose

Since then the deal has expanded.
    Where did you read that? Last I heard is no Gose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    To our Jays fan on here, you know what it could be alot worse than losing TDA for a guy who just won a Cy Young Award, you could be the Rangers and lose Hamilton to your biggest division rival no less.
    See TDA's injury this past season? It was a doozy. I know he's an amazing prospect but that injury worries me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    You already have another job, Omar, why are you still trolling the Mets forum?
    You're a riot, I think I just pissed myself in laughter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    See TDA's injury this past season? It was a doozy. I know he's an amazing prospect but that injury worries me.
    I did not, what happened?

vCash
    I can't imagine who else on top of those two mentioned that the Mets could be getting unless they're unloading someone else that we have not heard of yet outside of Dickey?

vCash
    How is this even a remotely good trade? You trade your most valuable asset, and you dont get even one major league ready of, what a joke.

vCash
    This was posted yesterday by me when every was saying TDA and Gose were the ones in the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    This was posted yesterday by me when every was saying TDA and Gose were the ones in the deal.
    I will eat my hat if AA gives you those two. There's no way in hell he gives you both of them.

As for TDA's injury, he tore his PCL (ligament in your knee) and if I remember correctly he didn't have surgery.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast