Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Thank You.........

Let's just say for a moment that this trade goes down with Toronto and the Mets acquire Travis d'Arnaud and Anthony Gose for R.A. you would think Sandy did it again right? Well in a way he did but if not for Omar Minaya the Mets wouldn't have had Dickey in the first place to even have three solid years including his Cy Young 2012 masterpiece he put together. So before we all go giving credit to Sandy for acquiring two fine prospects for our Cy Young Ace let's just remember who made it all possible to do so, the scapegoat, Omar Minaya.

vCash
    Really? I mean props to Omar for that sure.

But if he didn't bring in Castillo, Perez, Bay, etc. we would already be signing top FA's again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Really? I mean props to Omar for that sure.

But if he didn't bring in Castillo, Perez, Bay, etc. we would already be signing top FA's again.
    And if he didn't bring in Pedro, Beltan, Delgado, Wagner. Alou, Nady, Lo Duca, Maine, not too mention the best bullpen in the league when we had Bradford, Sanchez, Oliver, etc, we would have never been good.

He took us from a terrible team and turned us into the best team in the MLB. Alderson let Jose Reyes go for free. I don't understand all this love for Alderson and hate for Omar. The Perez deal is not at all as bad as letting Reyes go. Especially when you factor in all the good Omar did for the Mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    And if he didn't bring in Pedro, Beltan, Delgado, Wagner. Alou, Nady, Lo Duca, Maine, not too mention the best bullpen in the league when we had Bradford, Sanchez, Oliver, etc, we would have never been good.

He took us from a terrible team and turned us into the best team in the MLB. Alderson let Jose Reyes go for free. I don't understand all this love for Alderson and hate for Omar. The Perez deal is not at all as bad as letting Reyes go. Especially when you factor in all the good Omar did for the Mets.
    That 2006 team should have won it all. Till this day I am not convinced the Cardinals were better, they just got lucky at the right time. They weren't even better than Detroit that season but they pull a New York football Giants and get hot at the end and catch everyone by surprise. I just wonder how different this franchise would be right now if they didn't get upset that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    That 2006 team should have won it all. Till this day I am not convinced the Cardinals were better, they just got lucky at the right time. They weren't even better than Detroit that season but they pull a New York football Giants and get hot at the end and catch everyone by surprise. I just wonder how different this franchise would be right now if they didn't get upset that year.
    I've been saying for a while now that the Cardinals are the NY Giants of the MLB. Above average team, nothing special, but if they reach the playoffs, usually due to a bad division, they get hot and win it all.

I cried for hours after Beltran struck out. That was our year. You could just tell. I don't think I'll ever see a Mets Championship in my life. Then again, I didn't think I'd see a no-hitter, so you never know.

vCash
    I mean Sandy could have just traded him for a bag of balls. People think it is easy to make these kinds of trades just because he is a CY Young winner.

vCash
    Props to Omar and props to Sandy. I was on the Sandy bandwagon when we first signed him but then really started to question his purpose. By letting Reyes walk, standing pat at the deadline while claiming he wants to improve the team, and basically lying repeatedly.

Anyway, he said he had a plan when he joined the Mets FO. If this Dickey deal does in fact work out, I can see what he was envisioning. If we land TDA+Gose for Dickey+, we have a blueprint for a great young team.

vCash
    Even though we let Reyes go, I'm sure he thought we'd get a first rounder in return for him, which ultimately would help the rebuilding process.

If we get TDA in return for Dickey, Sandy is a ****ing magician and a great GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Even though we let Reyes go, I'm sure he thought we'd get a first rounder in return for him, which ultimately would help the rebuilding process.

why is he such a magician, name me one other time in history that a team traded a reigning Cy Young winner for a catcher, I would think getting an outfielder and a leadoff hitter for this team. would be a higher priority then a catcher, especially when your trading away a 20 game winner on a 74 win team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    why is he such a magician, name me one other time in history that a team traded a reigning Cy Young winner for a catcher, I would think getting an outfielder and a leadoff hitter for this team. would be a higher priority then a catcher, especially when your trading away a 20 game winner on a 74 win team
    Because getting two very highly ranked prospects for Dickey and Beltran is tremendous. You can build your future with trades like that.

vCash
    we've been building for the future for years now, I'd rather get a center fielder who is mlb ready and a leadoff hitter then a catcher

vCash
    we've been building for the future for years now, I'd rather get a center fielder who is mlb ready and a leadoff hitter then a catcher
    Gose is a CF and future leadoff hitter and he's rumored to be in the deal as well.

vCash
    Anthony Gose
    Rated Best Baserunner in the Pacific Coast League in 2012
    Rated Best Defensive OF in the Pacific Coast League in 2012
    Also he stole 70 bases in 2011 in AA.

vCash
    He is a magician because in this case he gives us hope for the future. You're only looking at 2013. I could care less about 2013. I'm looking at 2015 and beyond, and this trade gets us good for 2015 and beyond. We have at least two top notch arms (Wheeler and Harvey), potentially a young great catcher (TDA) at 24 years old (in 2015), Ike, and hopefully Wright still being Wright (though I wanted him traded, not resigned but whatever). The rest we can worry about in 2013 and 2014, and I have to believe there will be better opportunities to find those holes in the next two seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

So he's a great GM for just because of the Wheeler trade and this?
    Besides the above he hasn't done anything of note, I understand the Wilpons have hampered his ability to spend on the draft or on FA, but Sandy's has been pretty mediocre during his tenure here.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast