Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

vCash
    Some of you are delusional with your desires, Trumbo isn't happening as much as I would love it to. Believe it or not we may have our own Trumbo in Ruf, the dude hit 41 total homers last year and hit 3 for us in 12 games last year.

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Brown
    Ruf
    Kratz

And as for the Adams signing, I am jumping with joy despite it being a big risk due to his injury history. This takes so much pressure off of our young guys like Aumont and Bastardo and gives us security in the late innings. Bravo Amaro, love the moves right now.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    If we could get him trumbo it would be great not only we get RH bat we also get younger.

That was the goal of Ruben starting last year

vCash
    Cuddyer and Cody Ross seem like the same player to me.

I'd rather sign Ross, annual salary will be about the same perhaps with a 3rd yr and save our trade chips for in season.

actually would like to see Pettibone get shot at 5th starter. Always a believer that number 5 starter should be a young pitcher you are trying to develop in low stress role.

He seems to profile a lot like Worley.

vCash
    I'm a little uneasy about Adams. There is a lot to be worried about with him.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    There is but i could say the same about every free agent signed this winter in terms of performance or length of contract.

Thats why its tougher to be a real GM than a armchair GM.

vCash

Mike Adams

Adams 2yrs 12mil

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Solid signing. If he's healthy. My guess is they did their medical homework. Don't need another Freddy Garcia.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    ATeam/Ender, etc...what do you guys think about finishing off the main parts of the off season with a trade for cuddyer and signing marcum to be our number 4 SP??

vCash
    I'd prefer Cuddyer over Swisher.

I'm indifferent on Marcum. As someone stated earlier, there are lots of guys that can go 150 IP, 4.50 ERA. It all depends on the big 3. The rest is just window dressing.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Adams has been on of the best for a while. But he's 34 now, we saw regression last year, and he's coming off surgery. If it works out, it's a fantastic move. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    So 6mil on a setup guy. And 7.5mil on 3b,CF,LF,RF. When will this organization value offense? If you dont score you cant win.
    A big problem last year was relief. They scored enough runs to win on several occasions, yet failed to get it done once the starting pitcher was taken out. Couple those handful of games and they probably would've been in the playoffs, even after an OFF year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Some of you are delusional with your desires, Trumbo isn't happening as much as I would love it to. Believe it or not we may have our own Trumbo in Ruf, the dude hit 41 total homers last year and hit 3 for us in 12 games last year.

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Brown
    Ruf
    Kratz

And as for the Adams signing, I am jumping with joy despite it being a big risk due to his injury history. This takes so much pressure off of our young guys like Aumont and Bastardo and gives us security in the late innings. Bravo Amaro, love the moves right now.
    Thank you. Everyone I talk to says you CAN NOT bat Young 5th. I feel if you have a career .300 hitter behind him, Howard will only see more pitches. Young could be reborn in Philly given the opportunity of full time. Ruf, well his season said it. I feel he deserves the shot. I think he also hit .330 in those 12 games too. If he was at .280, I'd be happy.

vCash
    give the guy a chance before you knock him. he was considered one of the best set up men in the league for 2 of the past 3 seasons.

lets see how the team handles him too. i say they take it easy on him to start and go from there. pitchers have come back to pitch well from this, it's not like it's a career altering surgery. if it was he wouldn't have gotten a shot anywhere.

vCash
    Could do a lot worse for the setup role than Mike Adams...I'll take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec81 View Post
    Thank you. Everyone I talk to says you CAN NOT bat Young 5th. I feel if you have a career .300 hitter behind him, Howard will only see more pitches. Young could be reborn in Philly given the opportunity of full time. Ruf, well his season said it. I feel he deserves the shot. I think he also hit .330 in those 12 games too. If he was at .280, I'd be happy.
    That's because they don't know the game of baseball, I'd be shocked to see anyone but Young bat 5th to start the season. Would be willing to bet money that he produces more out of that spot than Pence and Werth did, minus the power numbers. Completely agree with everything you said, having him hit there will help Howard immensely.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast