Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

vCash

Mike Adams

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-ph...975&feedID=693

This does make a little happier. Alot of games were lost due to relief pitching last year.

vCash
    so, to re-cap:

[x] CF
    [x] 3b
    [x] set up RP
    [ ] Corner OF
    [ ] SP

vCash
    I can never get thrilled about signing non-closer relievers to big contracts. They're so inconsistent year-to-year that they're almost never worth it. I remember Arthur Rhodes deciding to have the worst year of his career in Philly and then look really good when he moved on. Then you have guys like Cormier, Geary, and Durbin who sandwiched some really good years with some really terrible ones.

At least Adams has the long track record, but it's always scary signing someone to a big contract when he's coming off surgery. Plus, I haven't seen anything on MLBTR or philly.com about this. It's pretty weird how few media outlets the news has been released on.

I don't know if Texas had any interest in keeping him, but man has that team had a rough offseason.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    so, to re-cap:

[x] CF
    [x] 3b
    [x] set up RP
    [ ] Corner OF
    [ ] SP
    So 6mil on a setup guy. And 7.5mil on 3b,CF,LF,RF. When will this organization value offense? If you dont score you cant win.

vCash
    health will bring runs...if they can stay on the field, this team will be able to score...that's a pretty big if, but utley, howard, MY, Jroll, chooch (after his time out) can be healthy, I think we will score 4 to 5 runs per game...our pitching should allow us to win a lot of those...and, I don't think we are done...Ruben hopefully gets an OF and SP now (in that order)....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    health will bring runs...if they can stay on the field, this team will be able to score...that's a pretty big if, but utley, howard, MY, Jroll, chooch (after his time out) can be healthy, I think we will score 4 to 5 runs per game...our pitching should allow us to win a lot of those...and, I don't think we are done...Ruben hopefully gets an OF and SP now (in that order)....
    Correct me if Im wrong. But didnt the Phils have Howard, Utley, Jroll, Chooch all healthy when they averaged 2 runs a game in the 2010 and 2011 post seasons? This team needs a legit power bat behind Howard.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal is reporting Adams in agreement with Phils on a 2 year, $12M deal with a vesting option. It's pending a physical.

vCash
    I agree 100% we need that power bat behind Howard RH.

I like the signing of Mike Adams 6 mil per year is a fair deal on both sides.

Only bats on the free agent market are Swisher, Cody Ross, if nether of these work out then I wouldn't mind Lance Berkman on a 1 year deal and can platoon with the young guys.

Ruben is looking for a pitcher with low risk high reward pitcher how about
    Bring Brandon Webb in on a Minor league contract

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ike-adams.html

Mlbtr- Rosenthal

2-12 I think is okay but you have to remember as previously noted the past failures on contracts especially since he is coming off surgery but lets hope for the best. Really wonder what makes the 3rd year option vest...

vCash
    Like this signing... he got the best available guy on the market. Now find a way to trade for Trumbo and we're good to go! Make a three team deal or something... but its the best fit. Trumbo is still in his arbitration years and also under control until 2016, i believe. (which makes signing Hamilton even more stupid for LAA).

Revere
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Trumbo
    Rollins
    Ruf/Brown
    Ruiz

Now THAT is a balanced lineup.

vCash
    I like but dont love the moves so far.
    I would assume Cody Ross is the FA target for RF.
    problem with Soriano is that he can only play left which eliminates playing Ruf

if they add
    Ross and Marcum, i'd be happy though not sure they can afford both

vCash
    trumbo is the obvious first option if they can make it happen. otherwise, i'd be content w/ them pulling a deal off for cuddyer. i think colorado would def move him as they have cargo, fowler, and blackmon already in the OF, and they would rather get cuddyers 2yr/21m (very affordable for us) off their books.

i would trade for cuddyer and sign marcum for your #4 SP and we're set.

we're looking at something like:

1) Rollins (S)
    2) Utley (L)
    3) Young (R)
    4) Howard (L)
    5) Cuddyer (R)
    6) Brown/Ruf (L/R)
    7) Ruiz (R)
    8) Revere (L)
    9) Pitcher

Bench: Mayberry, Nix, Ruf (Brown), Galvis, Kratz

SP: 1) Hamels 2) Halladay 3) Lee 4) Marcum 5) Kendrick

CL: Papelbon
    RHP: 1) Adams 2) Aumont 3) De Fratus 4) Stutes
    LHP: 1) Bastardo 2) Horst
    Last edited by illadelphia1; 12-15-2012 at 09:50 AM.

vCash
    5th starter is least of their worries. Guys who can pitch 150 innings with a 4.50 ERA are a dime a dozen. get a RH power bat first and foremost.

vCash
    I like Marcum...but asking too much. Prob asking for Blanton money lol
    Cuddyer would be fine... but Trumbo much less, much younger, and much better fielder.

vCash
    absolutely. dont get me wrong....if they can put together a package for trumbo than he's obviously the answer in RF. but if the angels wont trade him period, or we cant put together a good enough offer, than we shoot for cuddyer. so its really plan A: trumbo, plan B: cuddyer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast