Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Syndergaard sounds a lot like Jason Knapp who The Phils traded a while back. Wildcard I'm the trade.
    Syndergaard >>> Knapp

The main similarities is that they throw hard, are big, well thought of, and drafted out of HS - really general stuff. Get more specific and it falls apart.

Seems that the last two teams who have dealt with the Blue Jays have plucked the fastball command guys (Nicolino and Syndergaard) over the pure stuff guy (Sanchez). That might be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    Are all Mets fans as classy as you are sir?
    A real met fan would be happy that Toronto is adding pieces to be better than the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daze9900 View Post
    A real met fan would be happy that Toronto is adding pieces to be better than the Yankees.
    LOL exactly.

vCash
    gettin' Dickey with it, na na na na na na, na na na na na na, gettin' Dickey with it.

so now that Dickey has signed the extension and the trade is done, when do we get to find out the other prospects.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so now that Dickey has signed the extension and the trade is done, when do we get to find out the other prospects.
    Trade is done ...pending R.A. Dickey taking a physical. Details will follow the physical, I'd assume. He's on his way to Florida now to take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightous View Post
    All I'm saying.. is I'm extremely happy with this deal.. honestly I can care leas for Toronto.. or its team.. just what comes over the border and makes my team a better one.. and I can say.. we are definitely heading in the right direction. Awesome, trade for Mets.. I don't wish Toronto the best.. but, thank you Dickey for heading out.. peace.. Go Mets!!
    http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/G...20%20_orig.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_at_york; 12-17-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Don't post pictures!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it's more value than what I wanted the Jays to give up, but having Dickey is a huge plus in the short term going for the playoffs/World Series.

I wonder what the Jays do now. are they done? can they possibly even be adding more?

If I were the Jays (and had the extra cash obviously) I would look to ship Rasmus out of town and sign Michael Bourne.

Bourne had several suitots before the offseason began (Nats, Phillies, Braves, etc). Now the Nats have Span, the Phillies have Revere and The Braves have Upton. His market has shrunk considerably and he is not going to get the 100 mill contract he wants. He plays eliter CF defense and haveing Bourne, Reyes, Lawrie, Bonafacio give you a lot of speed and great D.

Give him 5 year 75 mill, I doubt he will get much more than that and maybe he would like the fact you're trying to build a superteam.

vCash
    Since the Mets are going to suck the next 2-3 years might as well adopt the Jays as my AL team.

vCash
    As a Mets fan, I think we got maximum value for Dickey. TDA and Syn-Citi are very promising prospects. I wish Dickey the best in Toronto. If we were to trade him to any team, I couldn't think of a better place. AA and Alderson are both intelligent GMs and Alderson sold Dickey high, but AA wants to win now and you have to respect that. Both teams did well.

vCash
    I'm interested to see if the Jays do anything else. such as 1B. is Lind going to play there all the time? or Encarnacion at 1B instead of DH?
    maybe the Jays could make a move to go after Adam LaRoche? he is now 33 years old. he wants a 3 year deal. if the Jays are going all in, maybe they could give LaRoche the 3 years he wants?
    or something else to upgrade 1B over Lind.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daze9900 View Post
    This. Trading Dickey to join Reyes on a team trying to take down the Yanks? I couldn't be happier.

Might have to go buy a Blue Jays hat now to add to my collection

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
    This. Trading Dickey to join Reyes on a team trying to take down the Yanks? I couldn't be happier.

Might have to go buy a Blue Jays hat now to add to my collection
    I already got one. I bought it a couple of years ago.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    As a Mets fan, I think we got maximum value for Dickey. TDA and Syn-Citi are very promising prospects. I wish Dickey the best in Toronto. If we were to trade him to any team, I couldn't think of a better place. AA and Alderson are both intelligent GMs and Alderson sold Dickey high, but AA wants to win now and you have to respect that. Both teams did well.
    Lol NO

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I already got one. I bought it a couple of years ago.
    Need the new one, its much better then the flying J crap logo we had
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Another thing is, this deal is a win for the Jays financially. Not only will more Jays fans and fiar weather fans watch the Jays now (by person or by broadcast), so will Mets fans as well it seems.

I'll make a bet that Citi Field will be sold out if the Jays are facing the Mets and RA Dickey is pitching.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast