Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Of course I never said otherwise.

If Dickey doesn't sign the extension, I am not even sure the Jays deal for him period.

They want that assurance Dickey will be there for the next 3 years.
    No extension, no trade, it's really that simple.

vCash
    i will reserve judgement until a deal gets done....to this date, which is now 3-4 years not 1 trade from the jays has been leaked prior to it being released.

i DO believe that there is a deal here in place, and that it has been leaked of the main pieces, however with that being said i still believe that there is something here in the trade we are missing whether it be another piece coming back to the blue jays, or less going back to the mets. i.e D'arnaud+rajai for dickey or something along the lines of players we havent mentioned.....nothing usually or for AA's sake ever, gets leaked so ill wait and see what the actual deal is before making a call on the deal

overall i like Dickey and think he will work well with the team and its a fair trade for both parties (with an extension) of course

dont forget, for all the people saying the blue jays gutted the farm this offseason
    1. that was the plan, when the time was right we were going to use the farm as assets to aquire quality MLB talent to compete, put the factors of the struggling AL EAST, the second wild card team, and the opened wallets of rogers, it makes no sense to go HALF way for it then pull back on the reigns.

2. we still have a great farm system....maybe not top 5 anymore but id rather have a playoff team and the 17th ranked system with a very high chance of being back in the top 10 within 1-2 years and MAKING THE PLAYOFFS, then being a top 5 farm system and losing 90 games a season

3. we have a plethora of specs up and coming, along with a TOP 10 draft pic upcoming! so believe me....the Jays seem to be right where they want to be at this point

4. worst case scenario, we pull a Loria too soon?

vCash
    I am sure Dickey will sign the extension, there are too variables next year that could hurt his FA value that I seriously doubt he risks that.

Its his time for him to cash in and he will.
    Why he is already going to make 5 mill next year, if he doesn't feel comfortable in Toronto that's his prerogative, as long as he pitches well, and if his last 3 years are any indication he will, there will be plenty of suitors this time next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    No extension, no trade, it's really that simple.
    Well like I said I don't see him turning down the money.

If he gets hurt or under performs next year he will lose all the leverage he has now.

He'll sign because the Blue Jays unlike the Mets have solid ownership on firm financial footing.

vCash
    I think if Dickey doesn't sign an extension, a deal could still be done. IMO it woukd just mean taking out D'Arnaud and replacing him with someone else, maybe Gose.
    Gose, Syndergaard, Buck, unknown prospect for Dickey(1year), Thole, unknown prospect.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I think if Dickey doesn't sign an extension, a deal could still be done. IMO it woukd just mean taking out D'Arnaud and replacing him with someone else, maybe Gose.
    Gose, Syndergaard, Buck, unknown prospect for Dickey(1year), Thole, unknown prospect.
    That's not worth 1 year of a pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Why he is already going to make 5 mill next year, if he doesn't feel comfortable in Toronto that's his prerogative, as long as he pitches well, and if his last 3 years are any indication he will, there will be plenty of suitors this time next year.
    If he gets hurt or regresses significantly he will lose a significant amount of money in FA.

I don't see him taking that chance at 38 years old.

He made it very clear to the Mets he wanted an extension this year and that was most likely the reason.

vCash
    The deal is done in principle based on players.

Its all up to Dickey signing the extension in the 72 hour window.

I am sure that could take till the deadline to work out contract details
    Unfortunately, so was Dempster for Delgado. Writers are really twitchy nowadays, and Twitter speeds up the news process enough that we get situations like this where the story breaks before anything is officially done.

vCash
    I wonder what the chances of this happening..
    the Jays don't want to meet what Dickey is asking for. so the deal as it is currently agreed to falls apart. the Jays and the Mets change things up and switch D'Arnaud for Gose, that deal gets done. then after that the Jays decide they will meet Dickey's asking price for an extension, so the Jays get a trade done they are more comfortable with and still get Dickey for an extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Unfortunately, so was Dempster for Delgado. Writers are really twitchy nowadays, and Twitter speeds up the news process enough that we get situations like this where the story breaks before anything is officially done.
    Ken Rosenthall (and Jon Paul Morosi) are pretty reputable reporters and both reserved comment over the past 2 days until around 2 PM this afternoon to announce that a trade had been made in principle and was contingent upon R.A. Dickey signing an extension within the next 72 hours. I tend to believe him as these two from Fox Sports are credible and not impatient like some of their counterparts from ESPN and CBS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Thats true but the reports are Dickey has no problem signing the extension with the Blue Jays.

Until we hear otherwise, I still believe the deal will get done.

vCash
    Well like I said I don't see him turning down the money.

If he gets hurt or under performs next year he will lose all the leverage he has now.

He'll sign because the Blue Jays unlike the Mets have solid ownership on firm financial footing.
    I don't see either happening unless some freak accident occurs, like a come backer to the dome, he puts almost no stress on the body and his knuckle ball is filthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    That's not worth 1 year of a pitcher.
    I think it's fair. going from the Jays #1 prospect to the Jays #2 prospect.
    Gose himself is a top prospect. 2012 MLB #39.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    If the jays win the World Series once in the next few years, it is very much worth it. Also if they win it more than once, how on earth is it a dumb trade? It is all about winning and the jays just made themselves arguably the best team in baseball. Man you need to just stop talking in this thread already.
    Bunch of question marks in this post, but I agree, writing this trade off is dumb. People think they can predict future production in future MLB years.

But, I don't know if Dickey chooses to extend tbh. It's a long window, and so much time to second guess it for Dickey. A 72 hour window doesn't really sound well for the trade to be successful, but we will see.

vCash
    Blue Jay fans will love DICKey when they get him. They need to stop hoping this falls apart thats not happening.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast