Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Great deal for the Mets if it gets done. Anytime you swap a 38 year old pitcher for the best catching prospect in the game you win. I don't care what happens down the road. You could never blame the Mets for doing this trade, but down the line you will almost certainly blame the Jays.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    I hope this deal gets done, but not for D'Arnaud. JPA and Gose would be reasonable considering Gose has a lot of potential to begin with and RA is running out of time in the League. If D'Arnaud has to be part of it then yeah...I really hope Ike Davis comes back, as unlikely as that is.

vCash
    I'm gonna laugh when Dickey lasts 5+ years in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm gonna laugh when Dickey lasts 5+ years in the league.
    At the Mets front office for not meeting his price of only $6 million more spread over 2 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike933 View Post
    I hope this deal gets done, but not for D'Arnaud. JPA and Gose would be reasonable considering Gose has a lot of potential to begin with and RA is running out of time in the League. If D'Arnaud has to be part of it then yeah...I really hope Ike Davis comes back, as unlikely as that is.
    JPA is a .220 hitter. R.A. Dickey is a Cy Young award winner who has been the best pitcher in the NL the last two years (along with 200+ k's in 2012 and the best ERA). JPA is also already 26, which is too old of a player for the player the Mets need (someone who is at their best for 2015 and potentially 3-4 years after that). You can't say JPA was reasonable, even if you don't like D'Arnaud going to New York.

There is no news anywhere except in a few Blue Jay fans head's that says Ike Davis is on the trading block. Please stop talking about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    JPA is a .220 hitter. R.A. Dickey is a Cy Young award winner who has been the best pitcher in the NL the last two years (along with 200+ k's in 2012 and the best ERA). JPA is also already 26, which is too old of a player for the player the Mets need (someone who is at their best for 2015 and potentially 3-4 years after that). You can't say JPA was reasonable, even if you don't like D'Arnaud going to New York.

There is no news anywhere except in a few Blue Jay fans head's that says Ike Davis is on the trading block. Please stop talking about him.
    And you know Davis couldn't be included how again? Anyone can be traded, get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    Great deal for the Mets if it gets done. Anytime you swap a 38 year old pitcher for the best catching prospect in the game you win. I don't care what happens down the road. You could never blame the Mets for doing this trade, but down the line you will almost certainly blame the Jays.
    How can this he said when you have no idea who's included? Also, if the jays win a world series or two, I doubt there will be any regrets from our end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    And you know Davis couldn't be included how again? Anyone can be traded, get over it.

I didn't say he couldn't be traded. I said there is no news source saying that the Mets are even putting him out there. Big difference.

vCash
    I didn't say he couldn't be traded. I said there is no news source saying that the Mets are even putting him out there. Big difference.
    And do you not notice that every name minus Dickeys is speculation? TDA, Arencibia,Goes etc are ALL speculation.

vCash
    And do you not notice that every name minus Dickeys is speculation? TDA, Arencibia,Goes etc are ALL speculation.
    Yes but at least news outlets and sources have stated that the parties involved have talked about those names. So far no news source has mentioned any side talking about Ike Davis yet. Therefore any speculation on Ike Davis is speculation coming from these forums.

Again I'm not saying it's impossible. But what I wrote above is logical.

vCash
    Yes but at least news outlets and sources have stated that the parties involved have talked about those names. So far no news source has mentioned any side talking about Ike Davis yet. Therefore any speculation on Ike Davis is speculation coming from these forums.

Again I'm not saying it's impossible. But what I wrote above is logical.
    The latest updates have the deal being expanded beyond the names mentioned already. So, what's the Jays only real weak point right now? Adam Lind. Other than Davis there's very little the Mets could deal the Jays that would make sense. Its pretty obvious the Jays aren't looking for prospects so that pretty much only leaves Davis. That's logic.

vCash
    The latest updates have the deal being expanded beyond the names mentioned already. So, what's the Jays only real weak point right now? Adam Lind. Other than Davis there's very little the Mets could deal the Jays that would make sense. Its pretty obvious the Jays aren't looking for prospects so that pretty much only leaves Davis. That's logic.
    Lets talk then.

Including Davis makes ZERO sense for the Mets. The Mets are (and should) be looking towards 2014-2015 and beyond. Ike Davis is only 25. If the Mets are able to build a contending team by 2015, then Davis will be 28 and entering his prime. If all goes well, the Mets will be winning and having Davis in his prime years starting in 2015. For a team rebuilding, this is the type of player you do not trade. In fact, Davis is the exact player you have in mind when building a team for the future. By knowing he'll be 28 in 2015, you know that probability states that you'll have an Ike Davis in his prime at the same time of having a contender. Therefore you make moves that make you better for 2014 and especially 2015.

If the Blue Jays ask for Davis, then the Mets should walk.

vCash
    From my perspective, the Jays should be walking if the Mets are unwilling to accept a package that does not include D'Arnaud.

vCash

Red face

Lets talk then.

Including Davis makes ZERO sense for the Mets. The Mets are (and should) be looking towards 2014-2015 and beyond. Ike Davis is only 25. If the Mets are able to build a contending team by 2015, then Davis will be 28 and entering his prime. If all goes well, the Mets will be winning and having Davis in his prime years starting in 2015. For a team rebuilding, this is the type of player you do not trade. In fact, Davis is the exact player you have in mind when building a team for the future. By knowing he'll be 28 in 2015, you know that probability states that you'll have an Ike Davis in his prime at the same time of having a contender. Therefore you make moves that make you better for 2014 and especially 2015.

You act like you arent getting youth back. Lets say you get TDA and Gose, you're getting two youngsters, and potential stars at premium positions. first base is a much easier position to fill through the open market than a catcher or a CF. You'd be getting guys close to their primes well beyond 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    From my perspective, the Jays should be walking if the Mets are unwilling to accept a package that does not include D'Arnaud.
    If you feel that way, then there is nothing I can do about it.

But the other options you gave us were a catcher who is a .220 hitter who's 26 (JPA), and a young but questionable outfielder who struck out about 32% of the time during his first Major League stint. Mind you that you're getting a Cy Young award pitcher who won 20 games, with the lowest ERA in the NL, with a very bad, mediocre Mets team. He also led the NL in strikeouts, and had only 9 less strikeouts than Justin Verlander.

Remember, the Mets are looking for a player that going to make an impact for 2014-2015. Higher probability it's d'Arnaud that makes that impact rather than the 26 year old .220 hitting catcher. The young outfielder is nice age wise, but he's too much of a risk.

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast