Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    That's the thing. There is nothing else to add. The stats are proven, they are there for you to enjoy. He has been great the past 3 years, is a Cy Young winner, and has not put a lot of work into his arm with less than 1060 total innings pitched. And he's a knuckle ball pitcher so you know he can go longer in his career because he doesn't tire as fast. That was evident last year.

The guy is great. For fans who saw him every 5 days, you can attest that he's great. For the baseball world who watched him every once in a while, he was still great.
    Yep, very good pitcher. Looking forward to seeing him in a Jays uniform. Not looking forward to the kings ransom they're reportedly paying to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Still wouldn't be worth it. Should Texas trade Profar for Dickey to try to win it all? Nope, it'd be ridiculous. So is this D'Arnaud deal, just to a lesser extent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    yes i know lol

vCash
    Thanks for stopping in to not comment then.
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...

vCash
    Yep, very good pitcher. Looking forward to seeing him in a Jays uniform. Not looking forward to the kings ransom they're reportedly paying to get him.
    Exactly. Our issue has never been with Dickeys skill level. Age and price however are huge concerns. TDA is simply more than I'm willing to give up for any 38 year old. If Dickey was say 28, I would be fine with you guys asking for the package you seem to expect, but most of you are simply ignoring our concerns with him and simply fall back on the "He's a Cy Young winner, he should get a kings ransom" argument.

vCash
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...
    thanks for explaining, so i didn`t have to

vCash
    I'm saying that you don't match any price just for a 1 year window at potentially winning, and you shouldn't make the deal assuming it would make you a winner. The value being reportedly exchanged in this trade is not proportionate.

As a Jays fan, I want to see a contender for the next decade, the way Texas has built their team. I don't want to see them be stupid and throw away assets for a brief window to compete the way Kansas City has attempted to do.

vCash
    Guys, lets be realistic here. AA is NOT going to trade Travis D'Arnaud for just RA Dickey and no other valuable pieces involved in the deal. This deal could very well be Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose for RA Dickey + x #s of ?. We just don't know what the ? will be, but it's going to be good.

I like Jon Niese too for depth in our rotation, I think he's a good #3 and a great #4. Thing is, what do we do with 6 SPs then?

Obviously, this team right now literally has one hole, that would be 1B... I think you know where I'm going with this.

vCash
    C'mon guys, it's AA. Clearly if another players needs to be added by the Mets it's going to be a RP .

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I'm saying that you don't match any price just for a 1 year window at potentially winning, and you shouldn't make the deal assuming it would make you a winner. The value being reportedly exchanged in this trade is not proportionate.
    But it's more likely a 3 year window. Coincidentally, the same amount of time guys like Bautista, EE, Buehrle, Morrow, etc are all under contract. That's the window and he's taking it... I don't really have an issue with it, personally. Everyone whined for years the Jays never made moves but the only moves acceptable to the fan base is if the Jays "win the trade" to the point it's a no brainer. Real world is very different - you have to give up good talent to get an ace pitcher.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I love how you just brush Profar off as just another prospect.

He's the TOP prospect in baseball, he's major league ready NOW, and is probably going to become an all-star at the least. Yes it would be monumentally stupid for Texas to trade him for Dickey. Love it when ignorant people like you throw around the facepalm to people who actually know what they're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    But it's more likely a 3 year window. Coincidentally, the same amount of time guys like Bautista, EE, Buehrle, Morrow, etc are all under contract. That's the window and he's taking it... I don't really have an issue with it, personally. Everyone whined for years the Jays never made moves but the only moves acceptable to the fan base is if the Jays "win the trade" to the point it's a no brainer. Real world is very different.
    If the trade was a win-win, I'd be in favor of it. Unfortunately, this appears to be the Jays losing the trade from what we've heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Guys, lets be realistic here. AA is NOT going to trade Travis D'Arnaud for just RA Dickey and no other valuable pieces involved in the deal. This deal could very well be Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose for RA Dickey + x #s of ?. We just don't know what the ? will be, but it's going to be good.

I like Jon Niese too for depth in our rotation, I think he's a good #3 and a great #4. Thing is, what do we do with 6 SPs then?

Obviously, this team right now literally has one hole, that would be 1B... I think you know where I'm going with this.
    Exactly, the C position is the most valuable at this point, and the most wanted. TDAs value is so high. The expectation the TDA under many years of control is going to the mets for 1 year of Dickey is impossible. The only way its 1 for 1 is if Dickey signs multiyear in TO. Its very likely that it will be a package of TDA Gose and a prospect pitcher for Dickey +... Mets are rebuilding, Jays are going for the killshot.

You guys also have to realize the Jays are a fairly young starting team as it is, so giving up our prospects seems bad, but the guys we have will be around for some time still. It`s the AL East, you have to be aggressive to get to the top. AA knows that and is doing that.

vCash
    If the trade was a win-win, I'd be in favor of it. Unfortunately, this appears to be the Jays losing the trade from what we've heard.
    but we don't even know the facts yet? It seems like d'Arnaud for Dickey with other, lesser prospects going the other way....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Exactly. Our issue has never been with Dickeys skill level. Age and price however are huge concerns. TDA is simply more than I'm willing to give up for any 38 year old. If Dickey was say 28, I would be fine with you guys asking for the package you seem to expect, but most of you are simply ignoring our concerns with him and simply fall back on the "He's a Cy Young winner, he should get a kings ransom" argument.
    If Dickey was 28, he'd be locked up

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast