Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 981
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    That's the thing. There is nothing else to add. The stats are proven, they are there for you to enjoy. He has been great the past 3 years, is a Cy Young winner, and has not put a lot of work into his arm with less than 1060 total innings pitched. And he's a knuckle ball pitcher so you know he can go longer in his career because he doesn't tire as fast. That was evident last year.

    The guy is great. For fans who saw him every 5 days, you can attest that he's great. For the baseball world who watched him every once in a while, he was still great.
    Yep, very good pitcher. Looking forward to seeing him in a Jays uniform. Not looking forward to the kings ransom they're reportedly paying to get him.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,611
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Still wouldn't be worth it. Should Texas trade Profar for Dickey to try to win it all? Nope, it'd be ridiculous. So is this D'Arnaud deal, just to a lesser extent.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Thorold, ON
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    yes i know lol

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,611
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Thanks for stopping in to not comment then.
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yep, very good pitcher. Looking forward to seeing him in a Jays uniform. Not looking forward to the kings ransom they're reportedly paying to get him.
    Exactly. Our issue has never been with Dickeys skill level. Age and price however are huge concerns. TDA is simply more than I'm willing to give up for any 38 year old. If Dickey was say 28, I would be fine with you guys asking for the package you seem to expect, but most of you are simply ignoring our concerns with him and simply fall back on the "He's a Cy Young winner, he should get a kings ransom" argument.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Thorold, ON
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...
    thanks for explaining, so i didn`t have to

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...
    I'm saying that you don't match any price just for a 1 year window at potentially winning, and you shouldn't make the deal assuming it would make you a winner. The value being reportedly exchanged in this trade is not proportionate.

    As a Jays fan, I want to see a contender for the next decade, the way Texas has built their team. I don't want to see them be stupid and throw away assets for a brief window to compete the way Kansas City has attempted to do.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    23,796
    vCash
    1500
    Guys, lets be realistic here. AA is NOT going to trade Travis D'Arnaud for just RA Dickey and no other valuable pieces involved in the deal. This deal could very well be Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose for RA Dickey + x #s of ?. We just don't know what the ? will be, but it's going to be good.

    I like Jon Niese too for depth in our rotation, I think he's a good #3 and a great #4. Thing is, what do we do with 6 SPs then?

    Obviously, this team right now literally has one hole, that would be 1B... I think you know where I'm going with this.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,385
    vCash
    1500
    C'mon guys, it's AA. Clearly if another players needs to be added by the Mets it's going to be a RP .


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I'm saying that you don't match any price just for a 1 year window at potentially winning, and you shouldn't make the deal assuming it would make you a winner. The value being reportedly exchanged in this trade is not proportionate.
    But it's more likely a 3 year window. Coincidentally, the same amount of time guys like Bautista, EE, Buehrle, Morrow, etc are all under contract. That's the window and he's taking it... I don't really have an issue with it, personally. Everyone whined for years the Jays never made moves but the only moves acceptable to the fan base is if the Jays "win the trade" to the point it's a no brainer. Real world is very different - you have to give up good talent to get an ace pitcher.


    Had to be done! Go T-Rex

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    So you're saying if they traded a prospect for a pitcher that helped them win the World Series and he left after the season, that wouldn't be worth it? Is the ultimate goal not to win the World Series? I'm confused...
    I love how you just brush Profar off as just another prospect.

    He's the TOP prospect in baseball, he's major league ready NOW, and is probably going to become an all-star at the least. Yes it would be monumentally stupid for Texas to trade him for Dickey. Love it when ignorant people like you throw around the facepalm to people who actually know what they're talking about.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    But it's more likely a 3 year window. Coincidentally, the same amount of time guys like Bautista, EE, Buehrle, Morrow, etc are all under contract. That's the window and he's taking it... I don't really have an issue with it, personally. Everyone whined for years the Jays never made moves but the only moves acceptable to the fan base is if the Jays "win the trade" to the point it's a no brainer. Real world is very different.
    If the trade was a win-win, I'd be in favor of it. Unfortunately, this appears to be the Jays losing the trade from what we've heard.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Thorold, ON
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Guys, lets be realistic here. AA is NOT going to trade Travis D'Arnaud for just RA Dickey and no other valuable pieces involved in the deal. This deal could very well be Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose for RA Dickey + x #s of ?. We just don't know what the ? will be, but it's going to be good.

    I like Jon Niese too for depth in our rotation, I think he's a good #3 and a great #4. Thing is, what do we do with 6 SPs then?

    Obviously, this team right now literally has one hole, that would be 1B... I think you know where I'm going with this.
    Exactly, the C position is the most valuable at this point, and the most wanted. TDAs value is so high. The expectation the TDA under many years of control is going to the mets for 1 year of Dickey is impossible. The only way its 1 for 1 is if Dickey signs multiyear in TO. Its very likely that it will be a package of TDA Gose and a prospect pitcher for Dickey +... Mets are rebuilding, Jays are going for the killshot.

    You guys also have to realize the Jays are a fairly young starting team as it is, so giving up our prospects seems bad, but the guys we have will be around for some time still. It`s the AL East, you have to be aggressive to get to the top. AA knows that and is doing that.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    If the trade was a win-win, I'd be in favor of it. Unfortunately, this appears to be the Jays losing the trade from what we've heard.
    but we don't even know the facts yet? It seems like d'Arnaud for Dickey with other, lesser prospects going the other way....


    Had to be done! Go T-Rex

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Exactly. Our issue has never been with Dickeys skill level. Age and price however are huge concerns. TDA is simply more than I'm willing to give up for any 38 year old. If Dickey was say 28, I would be fine with you guys asking for the package you seem to expect, but most of you are simply ignoring our concerns with him and simply fall back on the "He's a Cy Young winner, he should get a kings ransom" argument.
    If Dickey was 28, he'd be locked up

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •