Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    pujols has elbow problem?
    derp

    those 10 years will be long

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Given the fact that Pujols' elbow is a ticking timebomb and by putting him at 3b his elbow will be destroyed meaning Tommy John Surgery, and Trumbo can not be at 3b either because he is not good there.
    And you know his elbow is a "ticking time bomb " how? Also, I said Trumbo at 1B if there are going to be power hitters at the corners. The Trumbo experiment was very short lived not because he was horrible at 3B, but because it wasn't in the Angels' plans. The Angels, (Scioscia) didn't give Trumbo a long enough look and time to develop at 3B; learning a new position doesn't happen over night. Your argument still lacks information and validity, but thanks for trying.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    pujols has elbow problem?
    derp

    those 10 years will be long
    It was a mere assumption by someone that said Pujols has an ailing/soon-to-be-ailing elbow based on his age; it's nonsense.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    1500
    there is a reason the cardinals didnt let pujols play 3rd 10 yrs ago, and you would be idiot to think he can play it now. He is your DH, accept it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,172
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by salukisam View Post
    there is a reason the cardinals didnt let pujols play 3rd 10 yrs ago, and you would be idiot to think he can play it now. He is your DH, accept it.
    yeah scott rollen, it's not that he couldn't play the position, he actually was a SS when drafted. He probably could have stayed at 3b and been a good defender, but they had scott rollen one of the best defensive 3b of his generation.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by salukisam View Post
    there is a reason the cardinals didnt let pujols play 3rd 10 yrs ago, and you would be idiot to think he can play it now. He is your DH, accept it.
    Get real. Do you actually think I'm advocating for Pujols as a full-time third baseman? The question of the thread was "Who is better at 3B Pujols or Trumbo?", and the answer is Pujols. The situation isn't ideal, but it's not completely out of the question to play him at 3B if Scioscia needs him there once in a while. His elbow would only give him issues if that's where spent the rest of his days.
    Last edited by RaiderNation24; 12-27-2012 at 02:51 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by salukisam View Post
    there is a reason the cardinals didnt let pujols play 3rd 10 yrs ago, and you would be idiot to think he can play it now. He is your DH, accept it.
    They did it 11 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 2 years ago, and we did it 1 year ago:

    Code:
                                                                 
    Year    Tm  Lg Age Pos   G GS CG   Inn  Ch PO   A  E DP  Fld%
    2001   STL  NL  21  3B  55 52 38 431.2 161 40 111 10 17  .938
    2002   STL  NL  22  3B  41 37 19 293.0  97 25  66  6  6  .938
    2011   STL  NL  31  3B   7  4  0  33.2  17  2  12  3  2  .824
    2012   LAA  AL  32  3B   3  2  0  15.2   4  1   3  0  2 1.000
             4 Seasons  3B 106 95 57 774.0 279 68 192 19 27  .932
    Lg                 Pos   G GS CG   Inn  Ch PO   A  E DP  Fld%
    Just as a point of fact.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    What do you guys think will be the opening day lineup? Remember its at cinci so no DH.
    I definatly would not start trumbo or pujols at third as an everyday thing but just like last year do you think the angels start one of them at third in NL ballparks? Personally I would so trumbo is ready when we make it to the world series and he is hitting a hot bat and soc doesnt want him cooling down on the bench.

    Don't know if there is another place everyone is talking about this but here is my
    Opening day lineup:
    1. Trout CF
    2. Ianetta C
    3. Pujols 1B
    4. Hamilton RF
    5. Trumbo LF
    6. Callaspo 3B
    7. Kendrick 2B
    8. Eybar SS
    9. Weaver P

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    They did it 11 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 2 years ago, and we did it 1 year ago:

    Code:
                                                                 
    Year    Tm  Lg Age Pos   G GS CG   Inn  Ch PO   A  E DP  Fld%
    2001   STL  NL  21  3B  55 52 38 431.2 161 40 111 10 17  .938
    2002   STL  NL  22  3B  41 37 19 293.0  97 25  66  6  6  .938
    2011   STL  NL  31  3B   7  4  0  33.2  17  2  12  3  2  .824
    2012   LAA  AL  32  3B   3  2  0  15.2   4  1   3  0  2 1.000
             4 Seasons  3B 106 95 57 774.0 279 68 192 19 27  .932
    Lg                 Pos   G GS CG   Inn  Ch PO   A  E DP  Fld%
    Just as a point of fact.
    Thus, Pujols is better than Trumbo at 3B.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Thus, Pujols is better than Trumbo at 3B.

    games in nl parks and in ws we will have to do something along those lines

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Thus, Pujols is better than Trumbo at 3B.
    And it still wouldn't matter because neither will play 3b ever again.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Angels View Post
    Don't know if there is another place everyone is talking about this but here is my
    Opening day lineup:
    1. Trout CF
    2. Ianetta C
    3. Pujols 1B
    4. Hamilton RF
    5. Trumbo LF
    6. Callaspo 3B
    7. Kendrick 2B
    8. Eybar SS
    9. Weaver P
    I would say something like

    CF Trout
    SS Aybar
    1B Pujols
    RF Hamilton
    LF Trumbo
    2B Kendrick
    3B Callaspo
    C Iannetta
    P Weaver
    __________________________________._________

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    And it still wouldn't matter because neither will play 3b ever again.
    Why do you bother posting in this thread when you clearly are arguing something that doesn't address the question? The question is "Who is better at 3B Pujols or Trumbo?, not "Can Pujols play 3B?" Additionally, you're wrong because the Cardinals and Angels both played Pujols at 3B, thus he can play the position. Just quit.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Why do you bother posting in this thread when you clearly are arguing something that doesn't address the question? The question is "Who is better at 3B Pujols or Trumbo?, not "Can Pujols play 3B?" Additionally, you're wrong because the Cardinals and Angels both played Pujols at 3B, thus he can play the position. Just quit.
    No I won't quit because you can't make me. Also while I agree Pujols is the better 3b than Trumbo it doesn't mean he should play there either.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    RN24 not sure if you new to this forms.

    just ignore deadman. we all do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •