Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Based on peters amazing offense right?
    Oh forgot our of d is sooo bad that we can sacrifice offense to fix defense
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I don't even think this is worth arguing against lolol

Check their respective WAR's and get back to me.
    I think I have literally made the argument for Bourjos's value at least 15 times. No one ever seems to listen.

vCash
    I don't hate burjos just hate him as hitter

vCash
    How is which on where?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    I'd love to move Pujols back to 3B and play either Trumbo or Morales at 1B. DH the other, and plays Wells or Bourjos in the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    I'd love to move Pujols back to 3B and play either Trumbo or Morales at 1B. DH the other, and plays Wells or Bourjos in the OF.
    I agree with you. I even thought Trumbo wasn't terrible at 3rd for the short time he played. He had never played it, and worked hard to play 3rd, and I think extended playing would have netted him as at least adequate over there. Having one of them playing 3rd really does maximize our lineup, and even our fielding. Mike would never do so of course, as this goes against his mantra of running an mlb team like little league. (Everyone gets a chance to play)... I would personally do that.
    Id go:

1-Aybar - ss
    2-Trout - cf
    3-Pujols - 1b/dh
    4-Hammy - rf
    5-Trumbomb - 3b/1b/dh
    6-Kendry - dh/1b
    7-HK47 - 2b
    8-Wells - lf
    9-Ianetta - c

This lineup I personally think makes the Halos the best in baseball.
    And if we can make some sort of deal to nab another SP, we're golden. The one thing I hated about last yrs team was the bullpen. And I actiually like it a lot this season. Madson and Burnett added to Frieri, Downs, and I was really impressed with the strides Jepsen made. I actually have a feeling our bullpen will be the envy of MLB this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightycjq View Post
    I agree with you. I even thought Trumbo wasn't terrible at 3rd for the short time he played. He had never played it, and worked hard to play 3rd, and I think extended playing would have netted him as at least adequate over there. Having one of them playing 3rd really does maximize our lineup, and even our fielding. Mike would never do so of course, as this goes against his mantra of running an mlb team like little league. (Everyone gets a chance to play)... I would personally do that.
    Id go:

1-Aybar - ss
    2-Trout - cf
    3-Pujols - 1b/dh
    4-Hammy - rf
    5-Trumbomb - 3b/1b/dh
    6-Kendry - dh/1b
    7-HK47 - 2b
    8-Wells - lf
    9-Ianetta - c

This lineup I personally think makes the Halos the best in baseball.
    And if we can make some sort of deal to nab another SP, we're golden. The one thing I hated about last yrs team was the bullpen. And I actiually like it a lot this season. Madson and Burnett added to Frieri, Downs, and I was really impressed with the strides Jepsen made. I actually have a feeling our bullpen will be the envy of MLB this season.
    I like your creativity, but there is no way this should even be touched. We have to preserve old man Pujols to 1b and DH... we have another 9 years and with him playing full time 3b he will wear down a lot quicker.

Trumbo at 3rd? just no..... just........ no. Won't work.

And there is NO WAY Wells is sniffing a starting position.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Trumbo was really bad at 3rd last year, but he had an injury that prevented him from getting the spring reps he was supposed to. They can try again, but if they do, they need to get moving on it. And maybe they are, I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    Trumbo was really bad at 3rd last year, but he had an injury that prevented him from getting the spring reps he was supposed to. They can try again, but if they do, they need to get moving on it. And maybe they are, I don't know.
    Winter ball reps, too. A lot of difference between a few weeks of ST versus a few months. I'm still skeptical, but hey, why not give it a better try? If it works, it works out huge for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Pujols hands down. He came into the majors playing 3B. If we can get him to move back there and play average or better, we can play Trumbo at 1B, DH Morales, and put Bourjos in CF.

Whoever is going to play 3B, they'll be there all of spring training.

vCash
    The Angels could put Pujols at 3B and Trumbo at 1B if they are looking for power hitters occupying the corners. Trumbo seemed to crush the ball when playing 1B on a consistent basis and Pujols played some solid 3B for the Cardinals. Callaspo has a decent glove, but his bat isn't anything special. The Trumbo experiment of playing 3B didn't last very long, so I think it's worth spending more time on developing. He's built like and similar to Troy Glaus. Glaus played a good 3B, so why not Trumbo?
    Last edited by RaiderNation24; 12-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    The Angels could put Pujols at 3B and Trumbo at 1B if they are looking for power hitters occupying the corners. Trumbo seemed to crush the ball when playing 1B on a consistent basis and Pujols played some solid 3B for the Cardinals. Callaspo has a decent glove, but his bat isn't anything special. The Trumbo experiment of playing 3B didn't last very long, so I think it's worth spending more time on developing. He's built like and similar to Troy Glaus. Glaus played a good 3B, so why not Trumbo?
    It's because pitching and defense wins in the playoffs that's and Trumbo needs to stay at DH. If we are going to NL ballparks, but when it comes to AL ballparks then the answer is NO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    It's because pitching and defense wins in the playoffs that's and Trumbo needs to stay at DH. If we are going to NL ballparks, but when it comes to AL ballparks then the answer is NO.
    One of the most confusing explanations I've read in a while. I don't mind a disagreement, but there's hardly any evidence or explanation given as to why you think or feel this way. Some of the best ways to win in baseball is by implementing NL methods in an AL ballpark (i.e., 2002 Angels playing small-ball in appropriate scenarios). Also, the regular season and playoffs are usually approached, coached and played differently from each other.

vCash
    One of the most confusing explanations I've read in a while. I don't mind a disagreement, but there's hardly any evidence or explanation given as to why you think or feel this way. Some of the best ways to win in baseball is by implementing NL methods in an AL ballpark (i.e., 2002 Angels playing small-ball in appropriate scenarios). Also, the regular season and playoffs are usually approached, coached and played differently from each other.
    The point is to no to either Trumbo or Pujols at 3rd. Also pitching and defense matters in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    The point is to no to either Trumbo or Pujols at 3rd. Also pitching and defense matters in the playoffs.
    I'm confident you have no idea what you're talking about given that you can't provide any explanation.

vCash
    I'm confident you have no idea what you're talking about given that you can't provide any explanation.
    Given the fact that Pujols' elbow is a ticking timebomb and by putting him at 3b his elbow will be destroyed meaning Tommy John Surgery, and Trumbo can not be at 3b either because he is not good there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast