Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You guys kill me. You'll agree with whatever the Yankee org tells you to. All of a sudden you dont want to sign the good players because you're worried that they wont live up to their contracts??? Aiyaiyai... When will you guys start talking about what it takes to win? How many times do we need to be swept in the playofffs for you guys to stop with this pay buuuullllssshhhhiiii?

I know it's it's Yankee business but stop acting like you think its a good thing that we didn't get the better players that were available.
    Love it.

I distinctly seem to remember having this very same argument four years ago over a little known player named Roy Halladay.

Evidently "The Ninja" was hoarding Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda instead.

But I digress.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Love it.

I distinctly seem to remember having this very same argument four years ago over a little known player named Roy Halladay.

Evidently "The Ninja" was hoarding Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda instead.

But I digress.....
    Who is this guy you call Roy
    Last edited by oak2455; 12-23-2012 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    In Cashman We Trust
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    I'm actually impressed that we've assembled a quality team with all one year deals (plus Itchy- who is easily tradeable) while getting a few draft picks.

Everyone has been clamoring to build up the farm......well, we now have three first round picks this year and have not added anymore long term deals.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    In Cashman We Trust
    Dude I would laugh my arse off at this but it's disrespectful to the man upstairs.

Quite an offseason "the ninja" is having bereft of his stars and nunchucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    In Cashman We Trust
    Cashman's been given the perfect opportunity this offseason to demonstrate that all of that alleged "baseball acumen" he possesses to build a team based on knowledge and efficiency as opposed to opening daddy's checkbook.

And how has that worked out for our little baseball wunderkind Brian Cashman?

Not too well.

Not to well indeed precious.

But the blind fealty, plaudits and loyalty will pour forth nonetheless as we stare into the basement, literally, of Cashmans own making.

vCash
    Cashman's been given the perfect opportunity this offseason to demonstrate that all of that alleged "baseball acumen" he possesses to build a team based on knowledge and efficiency as opposed to opening daddy's checkbook.

Not too well.

But the blind fealty, plaudits and loyalty will pour forth nonetheless as we stare into the basement, literally, of Cashmans own making.
    You already have the 2013 season lost, and we haven't even finished the offseason, lol.

Personally, I am quite pleased with the offseason. I'd be happier if we stripped the team and traded valuable assets like Granderson and Cano, but I don't see that as a legitimate option simply because the front office won't go there.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash

Not too well.

I would have done the same thing cashman has done minus the ichiro 2 year signing. you cant build a team with the position the teams in with their budget and the players available. This is a passive rebuilding phase which is the only thing I am against. Id tell screw you to all the fans we are rebuilding and start trading away guys even if thy dont fill the seats. Good for them if they leave , they are a bunch of bandwagon fans anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    I would have done the same thing cashman has done minus the ichiro 2 year signing. you cant build a team with the position the teams in with their budget and the players available. This is a passive rebuilding phase which is the only thing I am against. Id tell screw you to all the fans we are rebuilding and start trading away guys even if thy dont fill the seats. Good for them if they leave , they are a bunch of bandwagon fans anyways
    They should have just ignored Pettitte, Kuroda and Mo.....then trade Granderson and Cano.....that is rebuilding....

Cashman just put a tire patch on a broken down jalopy.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They should have just ignored Pettitte, Kuroda and Mo.....then trade Granderson and Cano.....that is rebuilding....

bringing Pettitte and Kuroda back is about the only thing they've done right so far

vCash
    Yup..., always hated the idea of just throwing money at the problem. Love to see the kids flourish and rise through the system. Strong drafting, and a strong minor league system (coaching, instruction, etc) is the way to go. Sprinckled with an occasional d.a. signing, while avoiding these ludicrous, stifling contracts. Let some of the kids play. And Cano ? ...., ship might have sailed. You didnt resign him early enough, and you shouldve been looking to trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

no it is not, you measure rebuilding by how every team operates, any other team may need to shed as much payroll trading away good expensive players for high level economic prospects, the yankees only need to not get involved in more multi year contracts, since rebuilding for most teams mean trading their best players for prospects the only thing would be cano and granderson so far. but to not bring pettitte and kuroda back is dumb since it doesnt hurt the rebuilding process of the team

vCash
    I thinks we should just close our eyes and open yhrm on opening days and see what the lineupo looks like then.

vCash
    I fail to see how a salary controlled Jesus Montero would not have been beneficial to this franchise.

I fail to see how meddling with Joba Chamberlains long term developmental program while under salary control hasn't been detrimental to this team.

"the ninja" has been directly responsible for those disasters which have been a major part of why we are in the position we are in.

Unless of course you think Montero's bat would not have been beneficial to this current lineup. And we can forget about his mediocre numbers on a crap team in a crap stadium before we decide to endlessly quote the Sabermetrical holy book.

The fact is that we do not know what he would have brought.

What we do know is the current state of this team, and as someone who long suffered in the 80's and kept going and watching I can honestly say that this team has been long overdue for a market correction on pricing and demand and while I certainly feel your assertation that this is a temporary situation is true, there are serious long term deficiencies lurking underneath that are nothing but the endgame result of poor long term franchise vision and a highly questionable executive decision making process that are not going away anytime soon.

vCash
    no it is not, you measure rebuilding by how every team operates, any other team may need to shed as much payroll trading away good expensive players for high level economic prospects, the yankees only need to not get involved in more multi year contracts, since rebuilding for most teams mean trading their best players for prospects the only thing would be cano and granderson so far. but to not bring pettitte and kuroda back is dumb since it doesnt hurt the rebuilding process of the team
    Hughes
    Chamberlain
    Montero
    Brackman
    Betances
    Banuelos
    Kennedy
    Romaine

Just a small list of the guys that have been endlessly touted over the better part of a decade as being the face of the future for this franchise and by whom so much was invested or denied to protect according to this argument. And yet their end result has been anything but beneficial or even a vindication of the "baseball acumen" of the beloved ninja.

I find it interesting that aside from a lackadaisical, unfocussed, petulant, numbers-hanger, that the Yankee matrices of success under this arguement consist of a guy who pitched brilliantly for the better part of two seasons, went on extended medical vacation for the better part of two seasons and then has labored away in obscurity for the better part of two seasons in a meaningless role with a limited future.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast