Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we alter our gun control policy?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need more strict gun laws

77 53.10%
  • Yes, we need to ban guns entirely

24 16.55%
  • Yes, we need deeper screenings of purchasers

69 47.59%
  • Yes, we need to abide further by the Constitution

11 7.59%
  • No, we need to eliminate gun control practices

5 3.45%
  • No, the current policy is what the Constitution intends

10 6.90%
  • No, the current policy as-is is fine

17 11.72%
  • Other - explain

4 2.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    You would have to think that home invasions would go down too if gun laws were more strict, right?
    Why would they go down? If a criminal illegally obtains a gun(and it's evident that this isn't difficult to do)and knows that the person inside the home doesn't have a gun because guns are banned, what would stop him?
    Last edited by jonnydanger1; 12-14-2012 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Well, reducing our rate by a factor of 100 would probably be a good start...
    So 1.98 deaths per 100k would be acceptable to you? I mean Mexico has some of the most stringent gun control laws on this continent and still manages 10.00 homicides per 100k. So would enacting Mexico's more strict policy on gun ownership here drop our number or raise it?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I'm calling the cops anyway...

If someone is threatening me with a weapon, I'm not going to fight them if I'm in a position where they're aware of my position. Cooperation/"take whatever the **** you want and get out" is fine by me.

I can buy a new TV, new pictures, new jewelry, new cars, whatever. I can't buy a new loved one.
    Unfortunately this does not work all of the time. Sometimes you have a choice - live or die.

I agree, personal belongings can be replaced but my life and the lives of my loved ones cannot. This is why I choose to provide myself with a reasonable defense.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Most of these shootings go down with the use of assault rifles.

How often do people defend their homes with a AK47?

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I'd also like to add that the whole point of the 2nd amendment was to ensure that citizens had the ability to rise against their government, not necessarily protect themselves from crime. That ability has already been destroyed for the most part.

vCash
    I reject this entire thread and demand it be closed immediately. It has caused me to agree with a SF Giants fan (Johnny Danger!)

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    I'm British and hold the view that all guns should be outlawed.
    A view that isn't too popular with many posters on here but I don't really care.

This is from a TV show but these are basically my thoughts, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFIYLimyRHU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Most of these shootings go down with the use of assault rifles.

How often do people defend their homes with a AK47?

You are absolutely wrong.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    So 1.98 deaths per 100k would be acceptable to you? I mean Mexico has some of the most stringent gun control laws on this continent and still manages 10.00 homicides per 100k. So would enacting Mexico's more strict policy on gun ownership here drop our number or raise it?
    ...that's not a factor of 100, but nice try?

A factor of 100 of 2.98 is 0.0298 (or 0.03). There are 100x fewer deaths per 100k people. That's a TON of lives saved (over 10k) per year if that rate is dropped.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    And three isn't close enough to zero for you with all the current gun control laws on the books?

Since it will never be zero what would be acceptable in you're eye to move it closer to zero than the 2.98 it currently sits at?
    .03 is better than 3.0. Why should we ever be content with a firearm murder rate higher than what we're capable of preventing? And there is no numerical answer to your question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Unfortunately this does not work all of the time. Sometimes you have a choice - live or die.

I agree, personal belongings can be replaced but my life and the lives of my loved ones cannot. This is why I choose to provide myself with a reasonable defense.
    I'm aware. I'd bargain that being in a "live or die" situation isn't helped by brandishing a gun. The people that flee when a gun shows up are the ones that just want to take ****. The ones that don't have intent to harm. Brandishing a gun, I'd wager, doesn't lessen that intent.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    So we're now comparing one of the most corrupt countries which has been completely ravaged by a drug cartel to the US? That makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    A view that isn't too popular with many posters on here but I don't really care.

This is from a TV show but these are basically my thoughts, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFIYLimyRHU
    Fine, if I wanted to kill you I'd just stab you. How are you gonna defend that?

This is a hypothetical situation by the way lol. I won't kill you, I promise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post

Check Switzerland...More guns in homes than America and one of the lowest crime levels in the world.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Fine, if I wanted to kill you I'd just stab you. How are you gonna defend that?

This is a hypothetical situation by the way lol. I won't kill you, I promise.
    If I wanted to kill you I could stamp on your head, should we outlaw feet?

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast