Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we alter our gun control policy?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need more strict gun laws

77 53.10%
  • Yes, we need to ban guns entirely

24 16.55%
  • Yes, we need deeper screenings of purchasers

69 47.59%
  • Yes, we need to abide further by the Constitution

11 7.59%
  • No, we need to eliminate gun control practices

5 3.45%
  • No, the current policy is what the Constitution intends

10 6.90%
  • No, the current policy as-is is fine

17 11.72%
  • Other - explain

4 2.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    If firearms of all kind were outlawed, how would you defend yourself against somebody threatening you or your family with an illegal gun, knife, whatever? Call the cops and hope they get there fast enough? Would you beg for your life or take his?
    I'm calling the cops anyway...

If someone is threatening me with a weapon, I'm not going to fight them if I'm in a position where they're aware of my position. Cooperation/"take whatever the **** you want and get out" is fine by me.

I can buy a new TV, new pictures, new jewelry, new cars, whatever. I can't buy a new loved one.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I don't own a gun to begin with and it's very likely that neither do the majority of people murdered by firearms every year. That's a silly argument.
    It's not a silly argument and you dodged the question. It happens more often than it should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

If someone is threatening me with a weapon, I'm not going to fight them if I'm in a position where they're aware of my position. Cooperation/"take whatever the **** you want and get out" is fine by me.

I can buy a new TV, new pictures, new jewelry, new cars, whatever. I can't buy a new loved one.
    Eh. Someone's never been to Vegas.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Do what? Call the cops and pray they get there fast enough or beg for your life? Perhaps both?
    I wouldn't think twice to shoot and kill someone if they broke into my house. it's my family or you, and it won't be my family.

my door is locked for their protection, not mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

Not necessarily a home invasion, but more of being in a similar situation that happened today. If a guy was going around executing children and you had a gun and every right to defend yourself and the kids what would you do? In the time it takes the cops to get there he could easily kill 20 people. If you had a gun and an opportunity, why not take the shot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    A very poor analogy considering there are literally thousands upon thousands of drivers on the road who don't have legal authority to be on it.

We should create safeguards to make it more difficult for undesirables to obtain firearms, but we need to realize that even outlawing firearms entirely won't 100% stop people from getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    No crazy people should ever be able to own firearms or obtain them in a perfect world. We live in a far from perfect world though and crazies and criminals will always be able to get what they want to achieve their goals.

I would like to keep the ability to lawfully obtain and have a weapon and be able to protect myself and family from those that would mean to do us harm.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I wouldn't think twice to shoot and kill someone if they broke into my house. it's my family or you, and it won't be my family.

my door is locked for their protection, not mine.
    It's likely not as easy to pull that trigger as you think.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I don't own a gun to begin with and it's very likely that neither do the majority of people murdered by firearms every year. That's a silly argument.
    A silly argument? People deter robbers all the time with guns. ****, just the simple fact that anyone could have a gun at any time in their home probably deters most crimes from happening in the first place. So many of you people are so detached from reality it's mind boggling.

vCash
    You would have to think that home invasions would go down too if gun laws were more strict, right?

vCash
    Shouldn't the goal always be to have it as close to 0 as possible?
    And three isn't close enough to zero for you with all the current gun control laws on the books?

Since it will never be zero what would be acceptable in you're eye to move it closer to zero than the 2.98 it currently sits at?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    You would have to think that home invasions would go down too if gun laws were more strict, right?
    ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    It's likely not as easy to pull that trigger as you think.
    your probably right. however, if someone broke into my house, or I was in a similar situation as the one today, i truly believe I could. knowing that I'm killing someone for self defense and the safety of my family or those around me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Not at all. Now I would never break into a home and rob people in the first place, but a huge reason why some criminals don't is the fact that the people living there could have a gun and would have every right to kill you if you broke in. If you knew they didn't have one, you might be more inclined to break in and rob/kill/rape/whatever them.

vCash
    It's not a silly argument and you dodged the question. It happens more often than it should.
    Yes it is a silly argument because it has no effect on shootings such as the one we saw today. The majority of people are defenseless to begin with, so it'd be much more prudent to try to limit the amount of guns that get into the hands of irresponsible people than to hand guns out freely to everyone and basically say "you're on your own." I didn't answer your question because it was completely loaded (no pun intended).

vCash
    Not necessarily a home invasion, but more of being in a similar situation that happened today. If a guy was going around executing children and you had a gun and every right to defend yourself and the kids what would you do? In the time it takes the cops to get there he could easily kill 20 people. If you had a gun and an opportunity, why not take the shot?
    You have to 1. assume that you're put in that situation. Not many people are.
    2. be willing to kill someone.
    3. have a loaded gun at your side at all times which is another crazy, ridiculous idea.

That's not solving a problem. That's just pushing to carry a loaded gun.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast