Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we alter our gun control policy?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need more strict gun laws

77 53.10%
  • Yes, we need to ban guns entirely

24 16.55%
  • Yes, we need deeper screenings of purchasers

69 47.59%
  • Yes, we need to abide further by the Constitution

11 7.59%
  • No, we need to eliminate gun control practices

5 3.45%
  • No, the current policy is what the Constitution intends

10 6.90%
  • No, the current policy as-is is fine

17 11.72%
  • Other - explain

4 2.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    AK47s are legal and easily attainable in most states in the USA. People wanting to own them are only "encouraged" to read up on the laws pertaining to owning them.

I'm sure I could look up other weapons, but ****. Why are these weapons protected? It's not a right. It's not a freedom. Bearing arms and bearing weapons that can wipe out hundreds of people at a time are completely different entities. I get hunting. I get self defense. I don't get semi-automatic assault rifles.

Dude's mom LEGALLY owned a sig saur .223. Why is that allowed? ****....

Look. I'm not for a gun ban. But why are guns like this legal? Why the **** are the necessary?

the AK47s sold in the US are semi automatic, not fully automatic like you see in the movies

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    So, his mother, the elementary school teacher, legally bought and owned two hand guns and a rifle! This fact alone demonstrates how sick the all pervading US gun culture is, and how warped the outlook of all gun apologists has become with time.

You see, anywhere else in the civilized world, in countries where access to, and sales of, guns are strictly and tightly regulated, it would simply be unthinkable that an elementary school teacher would be the kind of person to want to have guns around the house. Teachers are peaceful people. Normal peaceful people do not like guns. America is different to 'normal' places, sadly.

People in the rest of the world also don't feel that they should have guns in their homes so that one day they can maybe shoot an intruder. The whole mindset of so many people in the US is simply warped by comparison with other civilized societies.
    You have made some of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard.

"it would simply be unthinkable that an elementary school teacher would be the kind of person to want to have guns around the house. Teachers are peaceful people. Normal peaceful people do not like guns. America is different to 'normal' places, sadly."

Why can a law abiding elementary (obviously responsible) teacher own a gun?

Many "peaceful" people own guns and are "normal". I am both "peaceful" and "normal" and own guns.

And the to the last comment - NEVER EVER disparage America and claim we are inferior or not "normal". We believe in a few things here in America...like constitutional rights.

For example: we don't believe stealing a candy bar should result in having your hand cut off...Other "normal" countries do.

Go away with your Anti American nonsense.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Also no matter how strict laws you pass on gun control there will always be that guy on the corner selling guns..... The same as with drugs. All gun control laws do is prevent people from buying at the local market/gun store.

Odds are that if you know a drug dealer then you know where you can buy a gun.....

Hell there are websites online where you can buy guns and have them shipped to your house. Its illegal but its out there....
    True. But that reasoning is a poor reason to NOT do enforce stricter gun laws.

vCash
    Also no matter how strict laws you pass on gun control there will always be that guy on the corner selling guns..... The same as with drugs. All gun control laws do is prevent people from buying at the local market/gun store.

Odds are that if you know a drug dealer then you know where you can buy a gun.....

Hell there are websites online where you can buy guns and have them shipped to your house. Its illegal but its out there....
    And while it's true that stricter gun laws may not keep everyone from getting weapons, if stricter gun laws can prevent any of these....the associated semi-headache with buying them should be accepted.

I'm fine with not banning guns completely. But I do think that we need to make getting a hold of these things much, much more stringent.

Every one, no matter what side of the gun debate, needs to walk in with the ability to make concessions. Those who want to completely ban the things cannot stand staunch in, just as though I think those who are very pro-guns need to understand we probably need to revise and tighten down the hatches to a decent degree on the ability to purchase certain guns and how easy it is to begin with.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    also, gun ownership in the US is near an all-time low

and we are no longer as violent as we once were

vCash

I understand your point, but isn't one deterrant better than none? I just feel like the "Well, the option will always be there" attitude comes up lazy in that regard. From what I understand, the guns were legally obtainted--regarding your bolded point, wouldn't that have gotten in the way of today somehow? I'm sure you'll say "well, he could have just obtainted them illegally...", but surely that's better than leaving it to chance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    the AK47s sold in the US are semi automatic, not fully automatic like you see in the movies
    Sure. Why is a semi-automatic AK47 necessary?

vCash
    None of what any of you are saying, be it gun ownership at an all time low, or "you can get guns whether they're legal or not" are decent arguments against tightening up the legality of guns.

One person that wants a gun to massacre a group of people that CAN'T do so because of laws is progress. Yes, people can get around laws and regulations, but that's a terrible reason NOT to do so.

vCash
    Sure. Why is a semi-automatic AK47 necessary?
    I don't have an answer for that (I don't hunt, never fired a gun, etc) but the fact remains that handguns, not rifles or shotguns, are used much more often in murders.

vCash
    I don't have an answer for that (I don't hunt, never fired a gun, etc) but the fact remains that handguns, not rifles or shotguns, are used much more often in murders.
    Sure. Never said otherwise. Doesn't mean these weapons should be legal. It's not a freedom. It's not a birthright.

It's excess. Nothing good comes from owning those weapons.

I get that handguns are the most commonly used weapon in terms of crime (most accessible?)...doesn't mean it's OK that other weapons are legal.

vCash
    Sure. Never said otherwise. Doesn't mean these weapons should be legal. It's not a freedom. It's not a birthright.

It's excess. Nothing good comes from owning those weapons.

I get that handguns are the most commonly used weapon in terms of crime (most accessible?)...doesn't mean it's OK that other weapons are legal.

2nd Amendment

vCash
    2nd Amendment
    Yeah. Right to bear arms. Got it.

Should we all be able to bear nuclear weapons? That's "bearing arms", is it not?

**** dude. **** was written 300 years ago when a gun could be fired every 30 seconds.. Own a pistol for self defense, a basic rifle for hunting, and leave the semi/fully automatic **** for the military/police.

vCash
    yea but not in mass shootings. the other violence can be fixed eventually but you cant predict when a mass shooting is gonna happen, better it be with handguns than aks.

vCash
    2nd Amendment
    And as much as I'm a fan of the Constitution, we should occasionally revise documents and laws that were set forth 200+ years ago, 200 years before anyone would have thought this even possible.

You wont find me debating your ability and your right to bear arms. It's the debate on what arms you should have the right to bear. And that's where I think the revision needs to be done.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Yeah. Right to bear arms. Got it.

Should we all be able to bear nuclear weapons? That's "bearing arms", is it not?

**** dude. **** was written 300 years ago. Own a pistol for self defense, a basic rifle for hunting, and leave the semi/fully automatic **** for the military/police.
    exactly, some things need to be revised. at the time it was a great idea/right but now there's over 300 million people and even more guns, its a different story.

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast