Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we alter our gun control policy?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need more strict gun laws

77 53.10%
  • Yes, we need to ban guns entirely

24 16.55%
  • Yes, we need deeper screenings of purchasers

69 47.59%
  • Yes, we need to abide further by the Constitution

11 7.59%
  • No, we need to eliminate gun control practices

5 3.45%
  • No, the current policy is what the Constitution intends

10 6.90%
  • No, the current policy as-is is fine

17 11.72%
  • Other - explain

4 2.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Should We Reconsider Our Gun Policy?

Yes, this belong in politics. No, I'm not putting it there in light of what happened today. This is a discussion that doesn't need to be buried. Move it when it dies down if you want, but for the sake of the Conn. shooting thread, moving that discussion here is probably wise.

Anyway, discuss.

vCash
    Yes, something has to be done to at least TRY and reduce the amount of guns that land in these psychotic people's hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    Yes, something has to be done to at least TRY and reduce the amount of guns that land in these psychotic people's hands.
    I agree. Not saying we need a ban, but any reduction in the amount of crazies having guns helps.

The opposite solution of arming everyone would just ensure that everyone who should not be given the responsibility of a gun would have one. The idea that they'd think rationally about deciding to kill or not kill others based on others having guns is ridiculous considering how often they kill themselves after killing others to begin with.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    I've stated my beliefs in the other thread.

vCash

Should We Reconsider Our Gun Policy?

No because Americans believe its there right to have the ability to kill a fellow human being.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    No because Americans believe its there right to have the ability to kill a fellow human being.

vCash
    I voted for abiding by the Constitution more and for heavier screening. Everybody deserves the right to own a gun as long as they're not criminally insane or otherwise incapable of responsibly owning a gun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I voted for abiding by the Constitution more and for heavier screening. Everybody deserves the right to own a gun as long as they're not criminally insane or otherwise incapable of responsibly owning a gun.
    I'd agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    This. Something needs to be done with the screening process, and I think certain types of assault rifles need to be banned, semi-auto or not. My friend pulled out a gun the other day that held 45 rounds in a banana clip, and looked like an M-16. Those should not be allowed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I voted for heavier screening.

vCash
    I think we need more stringent screening, stricter laws with regards to what types of guns can be purchased as well as a crackdown on illegal firearms.

I don't think we need to ban weapons, but we do need to do something.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    What makes you think that a killer Wont be able to get guns, even if it was legal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    What makes you think that a killer Wont be able to get guns, even if it was legal.
    That's not the question, and that's a question that leads to several valid answers.

vCash
    Ok then my answer is still no. I have 2 kids at home that I need to protect. Whether it's from a home invasion, or something else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    Ok then my answer is still no. I have 2 kids at home that I need to protect. Whether it's from a home invasion, or something else.
    so its okay to you that any psychopathic american can get a gun as easy as they can now?... wouldnt you rather have a psych eval and more screening done? especially if you have 2 kids, a friggin elementary school was just shot up. it wont stop you from owning your gun at all, and keep them out of the hands of ppl who INTEND to do harm with them.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast