Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Vernon Wells anyone?

JUST KIDDING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Angels are shopping Peter Bourjos, not Trumbo.
    Pass..Pass..Pass..Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    Should we trade for him? Angels are seeking a pitcher we could ship nova or Hughes for him. Be a great offensive force can play multiple positions and can be the successor to tex when he leaves in 3 years. He won't command a whole lot of money.
    Trumbo for Hughes? I wish it was that easy. I am tired of waiting for Hughes to live up to his potential. Goodbye Phil.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Trumbo for Hughes? I wish it was that easy. I am tired of waiting for Hughes to live up to his potential. Goodbye Phil.
    He did not fire out of the gate like Andy but Phil has had some good seasons as a starter.....maybe his best years will be in his late 20s-30s....he is almost at that magical age of 27...

20 wins?

His career has started like Roy Halladay's. Maybe he develops another out pitch and becomes the 2nd coming.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Only one OF spot available for the Halos. Trumbo is definitely available and they are definitely looking for starting pitching. Hughes would probably love to go home.

I still think Hughes can be a solid contributor to our rotation for years. Maybe not an ace, but definitely a solid #3. But, if we don't have the cash to resign him after 2013 to a 4/$40 mil deal than I think we should just make the deal. We get a 26 yr old OF/1B with a power bat.

vCash
    Would LA accept though? If I'm LA, I don't think I'd jump on it right away. If dickey is out there, that's what I'd go for instead of Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    lol Hughes for Trumbo they might do that

vCash
    I don't like Trumbo. The Yankees should extend Hughes. Kuroda and Pettitte are gone after 2013. Pineda might not ever come back. Trading Hughes would open up too many holes in the rotation for next season...

Extend Hughes 4/36

Sign AJ to catch for 1/10

Trade for Soriano

vCash
    Does anyone realize how badly Trumbo struggled during the 2nd half of last season? The guy has lots of raw power and he looked liked he turned the corner during the first couple months of the season. He was getting on base and at a good clip. However he fell off a cliff and went back to the guy who can't get on base and swings at everything. I think he has potential but I'm not sure this team needs another power hitter with a low OBP and likes to swing freely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He did not fire out of the gate like Andy but Phil has had some good seasons as a starter.....maybe his best years will be in his late 20s-30s....he is almost at that magical age of 27...

20 wins?

His career has started like Roy Halladay's. Maybe he develops another out pitch and becomes the 2nd coming.....
    "fire out of the gate" ? lol
    He is still in his stall.

Nothing personal. I like the guy but I like Yogi Berra too!
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Snitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Does anyone realize how badly Trumbo struggled during the 2nd half of last season? The guy has lots of raw power and he looked liked he turned the corner during the first couple months of the season. He was getting on base and at a good clip. However he fell off a cliff and went back to the guy who can't get on base and swings at everything. I think he has potential but I'm not sure this team needs another power hitter with a low OBP and likes to swing freely.
    His power is certainly noticeable, but the other facets of his game are reflective of a AAA or a "AAAA" player.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    They threw his name out there to see if the Mets would bite. They want some Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mula225 View Post
    I don't like Trumbo. The Yankees should extend Hughes. Kuroda and Pettitte are gone after 2013. Pineda might not ever come back. Trading Hughes would open up too many holes in the rotation for next season...

Extend Hughes 4/36

Sign AJ to catch for 1/10

Trade for Soriano
    Yeah, this isn't the popular opinion but I agree that they should try and extend Hughes. The team needs some actual certainty going into 2014. Middle of the rotation starters are getting 10-15M a year, see if you can extend him and get him at a discount.

I also think Trumbo is incredibly overrated. A guy with a career .302 OBP is nothing to get excited about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Yeah, this isn't the popular opinion but I agree that they should try and extend Hughes. The team needs some actual certainty going into 2014. Middle of the rotation starters are getting 10-15M a year, see if you can extend him and get him at a discount.

I also think Trumbo is incredibly overrated. A guy with a career .302 OBP is nothing to get excited about.
    Absolutely. I don't get why everyone wants to trade him. He's the one good young pitcher they have who can be somewhat cost controlled...no brainer to me.

Trumbo's also terrible defensively. No thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast