Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Temple hires Giants assistant as new head coach

Temple hires Giants assistant as new head coach

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 14, 2012, 2:44 PM EST

Temple has offered its head coaching job to Giants assistant offensive line coach Matt Rhule, according to OwlScoop.com.

He was one of two NFL assistants to interview for the job, along with Eagles defensive coordinator (and former Temple safety) Todd Bowles.

The 37-year-old Rhule played at Penn State and coached at Temple for six years, and joined the Giants staff last March.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-head-coach/

vCash
    aw man, I thought maybe Killdrive got hired by them.

vCash
    Ha would've been nice. Gilbride Jr must've gotten Rhule a job, but jeez I didn't think he was a great OC, I'm shocked he's getting hired as a HC.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash

Coaching

Gillbride is one of 3 or 4 considered for the Boston College Head Coaching position. You say you want him to go but in real life that wouldnt be good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farmdogdotcom View Post
    Gillbride is one of 3 or 4 considered for the Boston College Head Coaching position. You say you want him to go but in real life that wouldnt be good!
    He's much better than he gets credit for and the consistency Eli has had in a system is very helpful (just ask Alex Smith).

But Gilbride is up for HC jobs all over college and the NFL every year. I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    He's much better than he gets credit for and the consistency Eli has had in a system is very helpful (just ask Alex Smith).

But Gilbride is up for HC jobs all over college and the NFL every year. I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'm sure he's not as bad we make him out to be, it's just that he makes so many bone headed play calls at key times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I'm sure he's not as bad we make him out to be, it's just that he makes so many bone headed play calls at key times.
    Ultimately the issue is that he's on the conservative side of the coaching spectrum and most fans want aggressive attacks like Sean Peyton or Belichick.

We're up 13 pts in the red zone and we want 3 shots to the endzone, but he gives us 2 shotgun runs and a short conservative 3rd down pass attempt to preserve a possible 16 pt lead with a FG.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

I rather not ask Alex Smith anything....but seriously Gilbride SHOULD dominate as a HC in college. He should strongly consider taking a HC position because I dont see TC going anywhere soon.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Congrats to Rhule. So If he goes, any chance of someone like Rich Seubert taking his job? Would like to see him back involved with the team.

vCash
    We lose coaches left and right

vCash
    I'm not even sure how an assistant OL coach gets his name brought up in a HC search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    Congrats to Rhule. So If he goes, any chance of someone like Rich Seubert taking his job? Would like to see him back involved with the team.
    Maybe, but he's coaching HS right now....might want to work his way up a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I'm not even sure how an assistant OL coach gets his name brought up in a HC search.
    He was temples OC before coming to the giants and apparently key players went to the AD and asked them to bring rhumb back
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions