Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    I don't think anyone has said all of the Jets problems will go away. However, I feel that if we had a top 10 QB (or maybe even 15), we would be a much better team. It is the position on the team that is in most need of an upgrade, and the only position where a quality player (I'm not saying All-Pro, only quality), will have a dramatic impact on our ability to compete.
    Let me ask you this: Let's say you put Joe Flacco on the Jets, who do the Jets beat this year that they lost to? Let's be honest, he doesn't make a difference in the Pittsburgh, San Francisco, 2nd New England, 2nd Miami, Seattle AT ALL. The 1st New England game, I'm not sure how much better the Jets could have played that game. Maybe, the Houston Monday game, but that is about it.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    The only two I would even consider would be Cousins and Flynn because of their long-term potential. We might be able to bring in Cousins to compete with Sanchez. But in order to get Flynn we would have to get rid of Sanchez and his salary. And unless Mark desperately wants out I don't see that happening.

I know some people are down on Flynn because he couldn't beat out a rookie but that rookie is way better than Mark. And I know he's a one game wonder but I saw him play in garbage time against the Cards and he didn't look bad. But once again, it was garbage time.

I'm just tired of watching Mark going out there looking like a boy amongst men. He doesn't look our act the part of a real leader.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Let me ask you this: Let's say you put Joe Flacco on the Jets, who do the Jets beat this year that they lost to? Let's be honest, he doesn't make a difference in the Pittsburgh, San Francisco, 2nd New England, 2nd Miami, Seattle AT ALL. The 1st New England game, I'm not sure how much better the Jets could have played that game. Maybe, the Houston Monday game, but that is about it.
    I don't love Flacco, never have. All the tools, but doesn't have the savvy / intangibles. I'm talking about the type of QB who makes players around him better, who has the ability to not only make more plays (which is what you are talking about above), but to also change the mentality of the team, to boost the confidence of the players around him, and to get the players to perform at a higher level. Here are the QBs who I definitely feel have the ability to do this:

Brady
    Manning 1
    Manning 2
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Roethlisburger
    Luck
    Wilson
    RG III
    Ryan

And here is the next tier - these guys represent a significant upgrade (less mistakes, more big plays):

Dalton
    Kaepernick
    Schaub
    Stafford
    Rivers
    Cutler
    Newton

Finally, better QBs. Not significant upgrades, but I would still prefer:

Freeman
    Romo
    Bradford
    Smith
    Vick
    Flacco
    Weedon
    Palmer

That's 25 guys I would prefer over Sanchez, and anyone in the top 17 makes us much better, definitely a playoff team to be reckoned with. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    The only two I would even consider would be Cousins and Flynn because of their long-term potential. We might be able to bring in Cousins to compete with Sanchez. But in order to get Flynn we would have to get rid of Sanchez and his salary. And unless Mark desperately wants out I don't see that happening.

I know some people are down on Flynn because he couldn't beat out a rookie but that rookie is way better than Mark. And I know he's a one game wonder but I saw him play in garbage time against the Cards and he didn't look bad. But once again, it was garbage time.

I'm just tired of watching Mark going out there looking like a boy amongst men. He doesn't look our act the part of a real leader.
    The fact that Wilson is better than Mark is irrelevant. He's also better than Flynn,

The assumption that Flynn is better than Mark based on a limited sample size with an offensive juffernaut is baseless.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    The fact that Wilson is better than Mark is irrelevant. He's also better than Flynn,

The assumption that Flynn is better than Mark based on a limited sample size with an offensive juffernaut is baseless.
    That is true. And I agree with what CCUgrad said about most qb's wouldn't be much of a difference maker on this team due to lack of talent. I'm just personally done with Mark. He brings nothing to the table. Sure, he has all the physical tools but he lacks the intangibles to be a great leader/QB in NY IMO.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    That is true. And I agree with what CCUgrad said about most qb's wouldn't be much of a difference maker on this team due to lack of talent. I'm just personally done with Mark. He brings nothing to the table. Sure, he has all the physical tools but he lacks the intangibles to be a great leader/QB in NY IMO.
    The thing about Mark is that sometimes he can be his own worst enemy.

As his weapons have decreased, he has sometimes tried to make diamonds out of coal.

While most QB's have the luxury of throwing balls away or taking sacks knowing that they will have plenty of opportunities to make plays, Sanchez has been playing like every play might be his last opportunity to make something happen...and it shows.

His decisions this year have been worse than any other season in his career. People claim that he's making the same mistakes he made as a rookie. That could not be farther from the truth. He's making different mistakes. He's making mistakes of desperation, not inexperience.

A lot of fans like to speculate that the Jets players don't believe in Sanchez. How much faith can he have in his guys when they drop passes, fumble, and are often not where they're supposed to be because they run poor routes?

Now he's got a receiver that he knows and trusts, and while Braylon still might drop some passes, he should be where he's supposed to be more often than not. Knowing that can go a long way to help a QB's confidence, as well as to help him relax.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I'm real interested to see how many times Sanchez and Braylon hook up tonight

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Leave aside money and contracts, whether its doable, just pure fantasy, just based on them as a player.

I think:

Alex Smith - Pretty damn close
    Chad Henne - Pretty damn close
    Matt Moore - Pret[B]ty damn close[/B
    ]Jason Campbell - I wanted him to compete for Sanchez...he led the Raiders to a nice record before injury and they suck.
    Michael Vick - Really? One more good shot to the head and he is done. Plus **** him in generalTJ Yates - Played solid as a backup/rookie but would NOT str8 up say better than Nacho.Matt Hasselbeck - Is the wheelchair included?
    Kirk Cousins - Definately!
    Matt Flynn - Meh...compete with Sanchez yes, replace Sanchez would be HIGH risk.
    Tarvaris Jackson - No thank you.
    You left off Kyle Orton, who has had ups and downs but is viable.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Arguments are always best when supported by opinions...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

Is a Juffernaut the same as penaut butter and juff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Arguments are always best when supported by opinions...
    Problem being when you look at the NY Jets, a lot of the issues they had, especially at the beginning have ZERO to do with the QB:

1) Not getting off the field on 3rd down. The Pittsburgh game alone, EVERY TD the Steelers had, the Jets had them at one point on the drive at 3rd and 8 or more. Is that Sanchez's fault there?

2) Poor rush defense: Let's be honest, they made Jacksonville's 3rd stringer look like MJD last Sunday. Your rushing defense is ranked 26th in the league and giving up 136.5 YPG.

3) Poor Special Teams: I think we can all agree that this might be the worst ST Unit we have had in Mike Westhoff's tenure with the Jets. Take the Miami game alone-- Blocked punt return for a TD; give up onside kick; 39 YPR average to Marcus Thigpen. Even the 1st New England game was turned around by a McCourty 106 yard kick return for a TD.

4) Poor tackling!

Does a new QB solve those issues?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Couple of variables that people are missing. Playoff experience/success and the fact that this is NY and the pressure cooker melts most. Mark with weapons and real coaching can and will succeed here.

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    Problem being when you look at the NY Jets, a lot of the issues they had, especially at the beginning have ZERO to do with the QB:

1) Not getting off the field on 3rd down. The Pittsburgh game alone, EVERY TD the Steelers had, the Jets had them at one point on the drive at 3rd and 8 or more. Is that Sanchez's fault there?

2) Poor rush defense: Let's be honest, they made Jacksonville's 3rd stringer look like MJD last Sunday. Your rushing defense is ranked 26th in the league and giving up 136.5 YPG.

3) Poor Special Teams: I think we can all agree that this might be the worst ST Unit we have had in Mike Westhoff's tenure with the Jets. Take the Miami game alone-- Blocked punt return for a TD; give up onside kick; 39 YPR average to Marcus Thigpen. Even the 1st New England game was turned around by a McCourty 106 yard kick return for a TD.

4) Poor tackling!

If he wrapped up when he tackled maybe we would get off the field!

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash

4) Poor tackling!

I get what you are saying. We need guys on defense and ST who know how to tackle and force three and outs to give the offense a shot at putting up points

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Is a Juffernaut the same as penaut butter and juff?
    ****ing typos. Your question reminds me of one of my favorite jokes...

What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?

I can't peanut butter my **** into Megan Fox's *****.

-Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast