Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    You say that as if Wilson wouldnt have beaten out Sanchez.
    No way of knowing for sure, but Wilson wasn't on the list. Seattle has better weapons than the Jets, and Flynn didn't lose the job because Wilson was so good. In Training camp, the Seahawks were not very impressed with Wilson, and were waiting for Flynn to step up and take the job. I think they thought he was something he's not when they signed him.

    I will say this tho..Why would we want anyone on that list other than maybe Flynn or Vick.
    Vick is getting too old, and was horrible this year, and was a turnover machine...especially in the end zone. Why would you want him?

    Sanchez is a terrible QB but most of those guys are just as bad or not much better.
    Which is why I said no to all. It wasn't a defense of Sanchez, but as I have always stated...I don't want to replace Sanchez just for the sake of making change. If we're changing QB's, let's upgrade.

    Hasselbeck is good but hes old.
    Which is why my comment was that I would have said yes 5 years ago.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    2,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    You say that as if Wilson wouldnt have beaten out Sanchez.

    I will say this tho..Why would we want anyone on that list other than maybe Flynn or Vick.

    Sanchez is a terrible QB but most of those guys are just as bad or not much better.

    Hasselbeck is good but hes old.

    Jets need to draft a QB and bring in someone who can push for the starting job. This dink and dunk G&P to keep sanchez looking like an avg QB just wont work in todays NFL.
    "Dink and Dunk and Ground and Pound" happen to be REX's philosophy, and Sparano doesn't have anything like a complex passing game - he's not an OC - he's an O-line coach, for goodness sake.

    The only reason REX hired him was so that someone smarter/more versed in up to date NFL offenses - wouldn't be tempted to work that in - and look at the people WE had/have to execute an effective passing game - NO ONE!

    REX got his wish! The thing that we have clearly seen is that Ground and pound only defeats much weaker teams, but we can't really compete with teams that have effective (I'm not even going to say modern - because passing is the way the NFL has tilted with it's rules, and what has won SBs) passing games. Running game is great - but it can't be ALL YOU HAVE!

    The sad thing is - REX has had it all his way - he finally got rid of Schitty - and look where we're at. He drafted his high round defenders and brought in the majority of FA's on defense - and we haven't added anything but cold crap to the offense.

    Hey - I just want to win, and I accept that this is the team we have right now, so I hope it works, but our offensive philosophy only works if the other team can't score points - and even then - it almost guarantees that the opponent will have a chance to win the game at the end - that sucks!

    GO JETS!!!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    143
    vCash
    1500
    ................ good thread............................................ ..........

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,439
    vCash
    1500
    The real question is who is better Josh Freeman or Sanchez because we passed on Freeman..


    !Tank the season for Bridgewater!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    2,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    The real question is who is better Josh Freeman or Sanchez because we passed on Freeman..
    I think that book has yet to be written, but the 1st couple of chapters are up & down. 2009 - Sanchez wins every category; 2010 - Freeman has a great year - 61%, 25 TDs and only 6 INTs, rating - 95.9; 2011 - Freeman takes a step backwards with 16 TDs and 22 INTs as well as 5 lost fumbles (contrary to popular belief - Sanchez only had 4 fumbles - this year he has 8 already - yikes!

    As I have stated, 2011 could've been a very good year for Sanchez, but the last 3 games just killed him, as well as the entire team. Even with those 3 terrible games - he still ends up with a higher rating (78.2 vs 74.6), more TDs (26 vs 16), less INTs (18 vs 22) - Freeman threw for 118 more yards, but Freeman has a 62.8% completion vs 56.7 for Sanchez.

    2012 - Freeman leads every category except, and get this, completion % Freeman's is 54.7 and Sanchez's completion rate is 55.4% That is funny, well actually, that is pretty sad.

    I would love to see Sanchez finish strong, and not only win out, but ride his arm all the way to a Super Bowl Title (kow) - but I still believe in Santa Claus.

    GO JETS!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    No way of knowing for sure, but Wilson wasn't on the list. Seattle has better weapons than the Jets, and Flynn didn't lose the job because Wilson was so good. In Training camp, the Seahawks were not very impressed with Wilson, and were waiting for Flynn to step up and take the job. I think they thought he was something he's not when they signed him.
    Here we go with the wep excuse...Thought we burried that one already. Wilson in his first year is much better than Sanchez is in year 4. Im pretty sure Wilson would easily beat out a kid who turns the ball over as much as Sanchez. Wilson actually has a brain.

    Vick is getting too old, and was horrible this year, and was a turnover machine...especially in the end zone. Why would you want him?
    Even with the worst O-Line in the NFL Vick was putting up better stats than Sanchez. Vick may turn the ball over but he can still make things happen with his legs. Sanchez is a liability in the passing game and is nothing close to the runner Vick is. All sanchez does is hand the ball off. Im sure Vick could do the same with an added wrinkle.
    Which is why I said no to all. It wasn't a defense of Sanchez, but as I have always stated...I don't want to replace Sanchez just for the sake of making change. If we're changing QB's, let's upgrade
    .

    IMO Vick & Hasselbach would be 1 year upgrades to Sanchez. Flynn? who knows.. Wouldnt mind trading for him, Doubt he could be worse than Sanchez.




    Which is why my comment was that I would have said yes 5 years ago.
    Other than that I agree with you. Jets need an answer at QB None of those guys on the list are an answer.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    "Dink and Dunk and Ground and Pound" happen to be REX's philosophy, and Sparano doesn't have anything like a complex passing game - he's not an OC - he's an O-line coach, for goodness sake.
    The only reason REX hired him was so that someone smarter/more versed in up to date NFL offenses - wouldn't be tempted to work that in - and look at the people WE had/have to execute an effective passing game - NO ONE!

    REX got his wish! The thing that we have clearly seen is that Ground and pound only defeats much weaker teams, but we can't really compete with teams that have effective (I'm not even going to say modern - because passing is the way the NFL has tilted with it's rules, and what has won SBs) passing games. Running game is great - but it can't be ALL YOU HAVE!

    The sad thing is - REX has had it all his way - he finally got rid of Schitty - and look where we're at. He drafted his high round defenders and brought in the majority of FA's on defense - and we haven't added anything but cold crap to the offense.

    Hey - I just want to win, and I accept that this is the team we have right now, so I hope it works, but our offensive philosophy only works if the other team can't score points - and even then - it almost guarantees that the opponent will have a chance to win the game at the end - that sucks!

    GO JETS!!!
    See I dont believe this to be true. Yes Jets went Dink and Dunk G&P in 2009 but that was because Rex knew he had a good Defense and a Rookie QB. If Rex ryan had Peyton Manning do you think he would have been G&P?

    In 2010 and 2011 The Jets tried to balance the offense. Sanchez was throwing much more , pretty much on avg with the NFL.The problem was Sanchez never got better. Never really showed improvement. This is prob when Rex realized Sanchez was prob not going to pan out as a top 15 QB.

    2012 with Sanchez contract the Jets knew they would have to go back to G&P. Hence the reason they went out and got Tebow. Tebow turned into a disaster and Sanchez was exposed as a below avg QB who turns the ball over too much.

    As far as O.c's go its painfully obvious to me that no Oc could do anything but G&P. We are seeing the same things we saw last year with Shotty.
    How can you expect an OC to draw up plays he knows the QB and wr's on this team cant complete?

    The Oc's are handcuffed to what Sanchez can and cannot do. Playaction, Handoffs and short high % routes.
    I mean come on the Jets run the offense with sanchez as if he was a rookie.
    The Jets called plays exactly like the Steelers did with Charlie Batch. That should tell you all you need to know about Sanchez.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    The real question is who is better Josh Freeman or Sanchez because we passed on Freeman..
    Not even close. Freeman at least shows the potential to be a top 10-15 QB.
    In 4 years Sanchez hasnt done anything.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Other than that I agree with you. Jets need an answer at QB None of those guys on the list are an answer.
    The problem that I have with a lot of your posts GreenLantern is you totally dismiss what better weapons would do for the Jets offense. When I can look at a lot of teams offenses and I can point to reserves on those teams being better than what the Jets have starting, that's a problem. Take Buffalo at RB-- It doesn't matter which one of the two you consider to be the "reserve," Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller, BOTH of those guys would be the INSTANT #1 RB for the NY Jets.

    When I read your posts, you make it sound completely like if the Jets replaced Mark Sanchez, all the Jets issues offensively would go away. When you look at the Jets trodding out the likes of Chaz Schelins, Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland and calling them starters, I don't care who your QB is. They aren't winning!

    And to talk about Josh Freeman-- Do we have a Vincent Jackson on our team? Do we even have a Doug Martin on our team? Both of those guys are INSTANTLY our #1 WR and RB and by a LARGE MARGIN!!!!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,546
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Leave aside money and contracts, whether its doable, just pure fantasy, just based on them as a player.

    I think:

    Alex Smith
    Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Michael Vick
    TJ Yates
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kirk Cousins
    Matt Flynn

    Tarvaris Jackson
    I bolded the ones I would deal him for and I will add Blaine Gabbert to the mix.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I bolded the ones I would deal him for and I will add Blaine Gabbert to the mix.
    You get an official for that one!!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,546
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You get an official for that one!!
    Look at stats. GAbbert>Sanchez statistically. And Gabbert is younger, and has less weapons, and he also did not go to USC. Ill take Gabbert 10 out of 10 over Sanchez


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,989
    vCash
    1500
    I think probably Flynn and Smith of those listed. Maybe Kirk but eh. As a State fan, I still am not sure he'll be anything too special. I also like Shaun Hill a lot.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Look at stats. GAbbert>Sanchez statistically. And Gabbert is younger, and has less weapons, and he also did not go to USC. Ill take Gabbert 10 out of 10 over Sanchez
    I'd take MJD over anything the Jets got and I am pretty certain I'd take Blackmon over most of what the Jets got at WR.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    See I dont believe this to be true. Yes Jets went Dink and Dunk G&P in 2009 but that was because Rex knew he had a good Defense and a Rookie QB. If Rex ryan had Peyton Manning do you think he would have been G&P?

    In 2010 and 2011 The Jets tried to balance the offense. Sanchez was throwing much more , pretty much on avg with the NFL.The problem was Sanchez never got better. Never really showed improvement. This is prob when Rex realized Sanchez was prob not going to pan out as a top 15 QB.

    2012 with Sanchez contract the Jets knew they would have to go back to G&P. Hence the reason they went out and got Tebow. Tebow turned into a disaster and Sanchez was exposed as a below avg QB who turns the ball over too much.

    As far as O.c's go its painfully obvious to me that no Oc could do anything but G&P. We are seeing the same things we saw last year with Shotty.
    How can you expect an OC to draw up plays he knows the QB and wr's on this team cant complete?

    The Oc's are handcuffed to what Sanchez can and cannot do. Playaction, Handoffs and short high % routes.
    I mean come on the Jets run the offense with sanchez as if he was a rookie.
    The Jets called plays exactly like the Steelers did with Charlie Batch. That should tell you all you need to know about Sanchez.
    This is so true. Schottenheimer would have had to call a perfect game in order for the offence to be successful. He is the one person who never got enough/any credit for Sanchez' success in the postseason. As for Sparano, look at how he called the Buffalo game to near perfection. He then followed that up with a perfect opening drive vs Pitt only to be stifled by poor execution. He then had to go into a shell, like Schotty did and just create ultra conservative gameplans.

    We all saw how when the G&P works Sanchez can be successful, but put a game on his shoulders and he does the one thing that a defence first team should never do, turns the ball over. And we have seen this for four F-ing years now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •