Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

How many backup QB's would you swap for Sanchez?

Leave aside money and contracts, whether its doable, just pure fantasy, just based on them as a player.

I think:

Alex Smith
    Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Michael Vick
    TJ Yates
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kirk Cousins
    Matt Flynn
    Tarvaris Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Leave aside money and contracts, whether its doable, just pure fantasy, just based on them as a player.

I think:

Alex Smith
    Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Michael Vick
    TJ Yates
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kirk Cousins
    Matt Flynn
    Tarvaris Jackson
    I know most of you guys like Smith, but he was hot garbage for years until he got a stacked team around him.

I also know that some of you will say anyone on that list is better than Sanchez. I respectfully disagree.

Alex Smith--No
    Chad Henne--No, but I wouldn't mind having him as Sanchez's backup next year.
    Matt Moore-- See Henne.
    Jason Campbell--Hell no. He fumbles if you look at him.
    Michael Vick--No. I think he's finished.
    TJ Yates--Who? Oh, him...No
    Matt Hasselbeck--5 years ago, hell yes...No
    Kirk Cousins--Don't know enough about him yet, so a conditional Maybe
    Matt Flynn--No. He couldn't even beat out a rookie. One great game for GB doesn't fool me. He's Matt Cassell, version 2.0.
    Tarvaris Jackson--Seriously?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I know most of you guys like Smith, but he was hot garbage for years until he got a stacked team around him.

I also know that some of you will say anyone on that list is better than Sanchez. I respectfully disagree.

Alex Smith--No
    Chad Henne--No, but I wouldn't mind having him as Sanchez's backup next year.
    Matt Moore-- See Henne.
    Jason Campbell--Hell no. He fumbles if you look at him.
    Michael Vick--No. I think he's finished.
    TJ Yates--Who? Oh, him...No
    Matt Hasselbeck--5 years ago, hell yes...No
    Kirk Cousins--Don't know enough about him yet, so a conditional Maybe
    Matt Flynn--No. He couldn't even beat out a rookie. One great game for GB doesn't fool me. He's Matt Cassell, version 2.0.
    Tarvaris Jackson--Seriously?
    You say that as if Wilson wouldnt have beaten out Sanchez.

I will say this tho..Why would we want anyone on that list other than maybe Flynn or Vick.

Sanchez is a terrible QB but most of those guys are just as bad or not much better.

Hasselbeck is good but hes old.

Jets need to draft a QB and bring in someone who can push for the starting job. This dink and dunk G&P to keep sanchez looking like an avg QB just wont work in todays NFL.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    No way of knowing for sure, but Wilson wasn't on the list. Seattle has better weapons than the Jets, and Flynn didn't lose the job because Wilson was so good. In Training camp, the Seahawks were not very impressed with Wilson, and were waiting for Flynn to step up and take the job. I think they thought he was something he's not when they signed him.

I will say this tho..Why would we want anyone on that list other than maybe Flynn or Vick.
    Vick is getting too old, and was horrible this year, and was a turnover machine...especially in the end zone. Why would you want him?

Sanchez is a terrible QB but most of those guys are just as bad or not much better.
    Which is why I said no to all. It wasn't a defense of Sanchez, but as I have always stated...I don't want to replace Sanchez just for the sake of making change. If we're changing QB's, let's upgrade.

Which is why my comment was that I would have said yes 5 years ago.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    No way of knowing for sure, but Wilson wasn't on the list. Seattle has better weapons than the Jets, and Flynn didn't lose the job because Wilson was so good. In Training camp, the Seahawks were not very impressed with Wilson, and were waiting for Flynn to step up and take the job. I think they thought he was something he's not when they signed him.
    Here we go with the wep excuse...Thought we burried that one already. Wilson in his first year is much better than Sanchez is in year 4. Im pretty sure Wilson would easily beat out a kid who turns the ball over as much as Sanchez. Wilson actually has a brain.

Vick is getting too old, and was horrible this year, and was a turnover machine...especially in the end zone. Why would you want him?
    Even with the worst O-Line in the NFL Vick was putting up better stats than Sanchez. Vick may turn the ball over but he can still make things happen with his legs. Sanchez is a liability in the passing game and is nothing close to the runner Vick is. All sanchez does is hand the ball off. Im sure Vick could do the same with an added wrinkle.
    Which is why I said no to all. It wasn't a defense of Sanchez, but as I have always stated...I don't want to replace Sanchez just for the sake of making change. If we're changing QB's, let's upgrade

IMO Vick & Hasselbach would be 1 year upgrades to Sanchez. Flynn? who knows.. Wouldnt mind trading for him, Doubt he could be worse than Sanchez.

Which is why my comment was that I would have said yes 5 years ago.
    Other than that I agree with you. Jets need an answer at QB None of those guys on the list are an answer.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Other than that I agree with you. Jets need an answer at QB None of those guys on the list are an answer.
    The problem that I have with a lot of your posts GreenLantern is you totally dismiss what better weapons would do for the Jets offense. When I can look at a lot of teams offenses and I can point to reserves on those teams being better than what the Jets have starting, that's a problem. Take Buffalo at RB-- It doesn't matter which one of the two you consider to be the "reserve," Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller, BOTH of those guys would be the INSTANT #1 RB for the NY Jets.

When I read your posts, you make it sound completely like if the Jets replaced Mark Sanchez, all the Jets issues offensively would go away. When you look at the Jets trodding out the likes of Chaz Schelins, Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland and calling them starters, I don't care who your QB is. They aren't winning!

And to talk about Josh Freeman-- Do we have a Vincent Jackson on our team? Do we even have a Doug Martin on our team? Both of those guys are INSTANTLY our #1 WR and RB and by a LARGE MARGIN!!!!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash

Jets need to draft a QB and bring in someone who can push for the starting job. This dink and dunk G&P to keep sanchez looking like an avg QB just wont work in todays NFL.
    "Dink and Dunk and Ground and Pound" happen to be REX's philosophy, and Sparano doesn't have anything like a complex passing game - he's not an OC - he's an O-line coach, for goodness sake.

The only reason REX hired him was so that someone smarter/more versed in up to date NFL offenses - wouldn't be tempted to work that in - and look at the people WE had/have to execute an effective passing game - NO ONE!

REX got his wish! The thing that we have clearly seen is that Ground and pound only defeats much weaker teams, but we can't really compete with teams that have effective (I'm not even going to say modern - because passing is the way the NFL has tilted with it's rules, and what has won SBs) passing games. Running game is great - but it can't be ALL YOU HAVE!

The sad thing is - REX has had it all his way - he finally got rid of Schitty - and look where we're at. He drafted his high round defenders and brought in the majority of FA's on defense - and we haven't added anything but cold crap to the offense.

Hey - I just want to win, and I accept that this is the team we have right now, so I hope it works, but our offensive philosophy only works if the other team can't score points - and even then - it almost guarantees that the opponent will have a chance to win the game at the end - that sucks!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    "Dink and Dunk and Ground and Pound" happen to be REX's philosophy, and Sparano doesn't have anything like a complex passing game - he's not an OC - he's an O-line coach, for goodness sake.
    The only reason REX hired him was so that someone smarter/more versed in up to date NFL offenses - wouldn't be tempted to work that in - and look at the people WE had/have to execute an effective passing game - NO ONE!

REX got his wish! The thing that we have clearly seen is that Ground and pound only defeats much weaker teams, but we can't really compete with teams that have effective (I'm not even going to say modern - because passing is the way the NFL has tilted with it's rules, and what has won SBs) passing games. Running game is great - but it can't be ALL YOU HAVE!

The sad thing is - REX has had it all his way - he finally got rid of Schitty - and look where we're at. He drafted his high round defenders and brought in the majority of FA's on defense - and we haven't added anything but cold crap to the offense.

Hey - I just want to win, and I accept that this is the team we have right now, so I hope it works, but our offensive philosophy only works if the other team can't score points - and even then - it almost guarantees that the opponent will have a chance to win the game at the end - that sucks!

GO JETS!!!
    See I dont believe this to be true. Yes Jets went Dink and Dunk G&P in 2009 but that was because Rex knew he had a good Defense and a Rookie QB. If Rex ryan had Peyton Manning do you think he would have been G&P?

In 2010 and 2011 The Jets tried to balance the offense. Sanchez was throwing much more , pretty much on avg with the NFL.The problem was Sanchez never got better. Never really showed improvement. This is prob when Rex realized Sanchez was prob not going to pan out as a top 15 QB.

2012 with Sanchez contract the Jets knew they would have to go back to G&P. Hence the reason they went out and got Tebow. Tebow turned into a disaster and Sanchez was exposed as a below avg QB who turns the ball over too much.

As far as O.c's go its painfully obvious to me that no Oc could do anything but G&P. We are seeing the same things we saw last year with Shotty.
    How can you expect an OC to draw up plays he knows the QB and wr's on this team cant complete?

The Oc's are handcuffed to what Sanchez can and cannot do. Playaction, Handoffs and short high % routes.
    I mean come on the Jets run the offense with sanchez as if he was a rookie.
    The Jets called plays exactly like the Steelers did with Charlie Batch. That should tell you all you need to know about Sanchez.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    See I dont believe this to be true. Yes Jets went Dink and Dunk G&P in 2009 but that was because Rex knew he had a good Defense and a Rookie QB. If Rex ryan had Peyton Manning do you think he would have been G&P?

In 2010 and 2011 The Jets tried to balance the offense. Sanchez was throwing much more , pretty much on avg with the NFL.The problem was Sanchez never got better. Never really showed improvement. This is prob when Rex realized Sanchez was prob not going to pan out as a top 15 QB.

2012 with Sanchez contract the Jets knew they would have to go back to G&P. Hence the reason they went out and got Tebow. Tebow turned into a disaster and Sanchez was exposed as a below avg QB who turns the ball over too much.

As far as O.c's go its painfully obvious to me that no Oc could do anything but G&P. We are seeing the same things we saw last year with Shotty.
    How can you expect an OC to draw up plays he knows the QB and wr's on this team cant complete?

The Oc's are handcuffed to what Sanchez can and cannot do. Playaction, Handoffs and short high % routes.
    I mean come on the Jets run the offense with sanchez as if he was a rookie.
    The Jets called plays exactly like the Steelers did with Charlie Batch. That should tell you all you need to know about Sanchez.
    This is so true. Schottenheimer would have had to call a perfect game in order for the offence to be successful. He is the one person who never got enough/any credit for Sanchez' success in the postseason. As for Sparano, look at how he called the Buffalo game to near perfection. He then followed that up with a perfect opening drive vs Pitt only to be stifled by poor execution. He then had to go into a shell, like Schotty did and just create ultra conservative gameplans.

We all saw how when the G&P works Sanchez can be successful, but put a game on his shoulders and he does the one thing that a defence first team should never do, turns the ball over. And we have seen this for four F-ing years now.

vCash

I think:

Alex Smith
    Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Michael Vick
    TJ Yates
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kirk Cousins
    Matt Flynn
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Just Smith and Vick (if we are thinking about present and not future)

vCash
    For right now?

Campbell
    Hasselback

Cousins and Flynn if looking at next year too
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Smith, Vick, Cousins, and Flynn. I'd at least be willing to take a chance on Vick/Cousins/Flynn, even though I don't think there's any guarantee they'd be better. But I'd rather give them a shot than stick with Sanchez, and I think Alex Smith has quickly become one of the most underrated QB's in the game. For a guy who everybody says can't win a game if you need him to, look no further than the Saints game last year in the playoffs.

vCash
    None of them nd i dont even like sanchez
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash

I think:

Alex Smith
    Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Michael Vick
    TJ Yates
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kirk Cousins
    Matt Flynn
    Tarvaris Jackson
    REALY ?

Our next QB needs to be a GREAT QB - and none of these guys fit the bill, although I'm not 100% sure on Cousins and Flynn because their body of work gives me little clue. Flynn had a great game with a team that was FLYING HIGH with all sorts of talent and targets - and he looked good, but I'm still not sold on him, particularly since he couldn't beat out a 3rd round draft pick. Kirk Cousins??? - who knows?

Alex Smith - has put in a lot more horrible years that Sanchez has, and surrounded by a great running game, great defense, and a number of targets that have developed into upper echelon pass catchers with Crabtree, and V. Davis and their H-Back - forget his name. I think he is probably better than Sanchez, and anyone right now with the way his confidence has been crushed might be better - but not hands down, and he couldn't keep his starting job either.

Henne, Moore, Campbell, Jackson - all retreads - nothing that says they will be more successful, in fact, they've all bombed out with reasonable teams with reasonable talent, and they certainly never made anyone around them better.

Mike Vick - The true turnover machine with all the best weapons around him, and he can't play more than a game, or two without getting crushed. Sanchez takes the same punishment, and gets back up every time (HUGE kow).

This is blah!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    If Sanchez finishes this year strong Magoo and I are gonna know alot of regretful people

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast