Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wishful thinking. Porcello for Trumbo
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I've been thinking about a Porcello to the Pirates trade as well. From what I hear you guys are looking for a closer, RH OF and defensive shortstop.

So my idea is

Pirates Trade: Hanrahan, Tabata, Barmes, 2.5 million
    Tigers Trade: Porcello, Boesch, Santiago, prospect (Jose Ortega looks up NH alley)

For the Pirates we get a starter who is under control for a few more seasons and some much needed bench help. Boesch would be a nice LH stick on the bench and Santiago a versatile and relatively inexpensive backup to one of our young untested shortstops. The money in the deal approximately evens out the salaries.

The way I see it Porcello > Hanrahan, Tabata > Boesch, Barmes = Santiago, 2.5 million = Ortega.
    I like it, could just keep it simple and make it Porcello and Boesch for Hanrahan and Barmes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I've been thinking about a Porcello to the Pirates trade as well. From what I hear you guys are looking for a closer, RH OF and defensive shortstop.

So my idea is

Pirates Trade: Hanrahan, Tabata, Barmes, 2.5 million
    Tigers Trade: Porcello, Boesch, Santiago, prospect (Jose Ortega looks up NH alley)

For the Pirates we get a starter who is under control for a few more seasons and some much needed bench help. Boesch would be a nice LH stick on the bench and Santiago a versatile and relatively inexpensive backup to one of our young untested shortstops. The money in the deal approximately evens out the salaries.

The way I see it Porcello > Hanrahan, Tabata > Boesch, Barmes = Santiago, 2.5 million = Ortega.
    That trade makes sense.

Tabata plays against lefties instead of Dirks and becomes our 4th OF.

Barmes is so good defensively, huge upgrade over peralta in the field. I would love to see him on the Tigers as a stopgap option until we find a permanent solution.

I am not a huge fan of bringing in a closer, but the addition of Hanrahan and Rondon to the pen along with the maturation of Al Al and Villareal the tigers would have a nice bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rellime View Post
    Wishful thinking. Porcello for Trumbo
    I was thinking about Bourjos instead. Younger, good speed, potential with the bat and great d. He and Dirks could platoon unless one is clearly doing better than the other. I just don't see Trumbo on the bench and I like Dirks, think he's a solid OF and just fine at the plate full time. But if they insist on getting someone, I think Bourjos would be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I was thinking about Bourjos instead. Younger, good speed, potential with the bat and great d. He and Dirks could platoon unless one is clearly doing better than the other. I just don't see Trumbo on the bench and I like Dirks, think he's a solid OF and just fine at the plate full time. But if they insist on getting someone, I think Bourjos would be great.
    Yeah I was originally gonna say Bourjos I just see Trumbo as being the better of the two.
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Bourjos is awful at the plate, maybe if he just choked up and tried to make contact more often it would at least put pressure on the defense with his speed. He's great in the field though, and I wouldn't mind adding him at all, assuming we're not giving up much.

As for Dirks, I won't be suprised at all if he hits over .300 next season, he could become one hell of a baseball player if given the opportunity. He still looks silly against some lefties, but so does Jackson and nobody is trying to platoon him. I'm still not sure I want Hunter over Dirks in the 2-hole, I think I would prefer Hunter hitting 5th or 6th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Bourjos is awful at the plate, maybe if he just choked up and tried to make contact more often it would at least put pressure on the defense with his speed. He's great in the field though, and I wouldn't mind adding him at all, assuming we're not giving up much.

As for Dirks, I won't be suprised at all if he hits over .300 next season, he could become one hell of a baseball player if given the opportunity. He still looks silly against some lefties, but so does Jackson and nobody is trying to platoon him. I'm still not sure I want Hunter over Dirks in the 2-hole, I think I would prefer Hunter hitting 5th or 6th.
    My feeling exactly. Dirks handles the bat well with a short, compact swing made for contact, which is ideal for 2-hole. Hunter batting 6 behind V-Mart gives him more protection since Hunter has more pop than Dirks and makes the lineup deeper in my eyes.

vCash
    I love Bourjos, but I would not trade a #4 starting pitcher for a platoon OF/#4 OF...no thanks....give me Aybar or a MIF prospect to go with Bourjos or throw in a LH RP, then maybe. The Angels are DESPERATE for SPs.

vCash
    I like hoogs suggestion the best

vCash
    what about Story for Porcello?

Or would we have to add some to get Story?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    what about Story for Porcello?

Or would we have to add some to get Story?
    Who's Story? A SS prospect? Highly touted?

i don't like a Porcello trade with Hanrahan as the center piece and I don't think DD would either.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Yeah please no closers. Middle infielder or bust

vCash
    Whatever gets Jhonny out of town.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    We're not going to get a good enough SS for Rick Porcello to displace Jhonny Peralta. Whoever we get, will be a guy who can play SS/2B and backup Infante and and Peralta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post

Bourjos reminds me a lot of Jackson,and with this being his 3rd year maybe he could have the type of 3rd year Jackson had. Not to mention our outfield defense would be unbelievable

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast