Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    if any of you speculate porcello for upton, I will cut your dogs leg off
    Without legs my dog wont need me to get off my lazy *** and throw the ball around for him, therefore Porcello for Upton straight up sounds fair.

vCash
    Rumours floating around about Upton for Porcello and Castellanos, other pieces involved.
    I've heard wrapping things in quotes makes it more believable....
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    if any of you speculate porcello for upton, I will cut your dogs leg off
    I don't have a dog and I don't want Upton, but i'm sure I can find a way to annoy you anyway. I'm thinking Porcello, Castellanos and Smyly for Felix Hernandez.

vCash
    Big fan of Felix. I even say his name with a little hispanic accent. If only this could happen

vCash
    Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic got the impression from a Diamondbacks' source that the club is unlikely to acquire Rick Porcello.
    Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reported earlier Monday that the Tigers and Diamondbacks have had trade talks, but they apparently haven't gotten very far. The Cubs, Mariners, Orioles and Padres have also expressed interest in Porcello this winter.
    rotoworld

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    I'm probably gonna get yelled out of the thread but with the Arizona and Seattle interested it gave me and idea. We want Upton and Arizona wanted the players from Seattle and Porcello and Seattle wants bats. A three team deal makes sense.

D'backs get: Charlie Furbush, Stephen Pryor, Nick Franklin, James Paxton, Rick Porcello, and Quinten Berry
    Seattle gets: Castellanos, Garcia, and Crosby
    Detroit gets: Justin Upton and middle infield prospect from Arizona

Okay bring on the heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    I'm probably gonna get yelled out of the thread but with the Arizona and Seattle interested it gave me and idea. We want Upton and Arizona wanted the players from Seattle and Porcello and Seattle wants bats. A three team deal makes sense.

D'backs get: Charlie Furbush, Stephen Pryor, Nick Franklin, James Paxton, Rick Porcello, and Quinten Berry
    Seattle gets: Castellanos, Garcia, and Crosby
    Detroit gets: Justin Upton and middle infield prospect from Arizona

Okay bring on the heat.
    Even with moving Upton in the deal, we still have a crowded outfield.
    LF- Kubel/Parra
    CF- Eaton/Pollock
    RF- Ross

We don't need Berry, and honestly I wasn't a big fan of the M's deal, glad Upton blocked it.

vCash
    With all the speculation around Upton and Arizona having to many outfielders as a GM I would wait til the **** hits the fan in Zonas spring training. Then they'll really have to make a decision on who to run out of town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    I guess to each their own I won't be disappointed if we get Hardy but I think Porcello and Peralta is an awfully high price to pay. would like to see another prospect or two in return. But in honesty I don't see a move for Porcello until at least middle of spring training
    I agree completely. I wouldn't make a single move until we get to see how spring training pans out. If Porcello comes out with guns-a-blaring then we can either keep him or sell him at a higher price, same with Smyly and Scherzer. I am also curious to see how things with Castellanos, Garcia and Dirks are going pan out with their increased playing time this spring (WBC). We are in a position where we really don't have to make a move......We just need to make the right move.
    The Man, The Myth, The legend? Oh, well, I am theoldgoalie!!!

vCash
    Hearing Zona might be making a pitch for Porcello after trading for Upton.

vCash
    Does anybody know anything about the shortstop prospect that got sent to the Dbacks in the Upton trade? Reportedly they are trying to package him to us to get Porcello. Probably just a rumor, but you never know

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...#disqus_thread

vCash
    The numbers look pretty promising, Bob Nightengale is quoted as saying that Nick Ahmend is a "superb" defensive SS. The 2011 draft pick hit .269/.337/.391 with 40 steals in 130 games last season in High-A ball
    He also appears to have fairly decent plate discipline but given the fact that he has never played above A ball, how soon do you think the Tigers project him to be with the big club?

Suarez has been making some pretty good headway in the minors and I am wondering of they may be trying to turn these two in the next middle infield for the Tigers. My guess is that Peralta and Infante aren't going anywhere in 2013, so if the trade is done, it would give the Tigers a full season or two to get the two used to each other.We could then see Castellanos, Ahmed and Suarez up here by around 2014-2015. Also, do you think the Tigers try to make this deal a little bit bigger and get us a right handed hitting LF out of this as well?
    Last edited by theoldgoalie; 01-24-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    The Man, The Myth, The legend? Oh, well, I am theoldgoalie!!!

vCash
    deleted by MotownWebGuy
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 01-25-2013 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    Towers the GM of the D-backs said there not looking for pitching right now. Reported by Knobler.
    Last edited by BrosB4Hos; 01-24-2013 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Upton was traded to the braves.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/88...a-diamondbacks
    Looks like no Upton for us. I don't think we'll trade pro cello before the season starts.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast