Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Anderson would be nice on D but no, our post play would be alot worse
    but if we didnt have to give up Pek...what are your thoughts then?

vCash
    If we dont give up pek... so say Williams + luke and something else I would love it.
    I feel Anderson is one of those players that his production will skyrocket with a player like rubio.
    Rubio/ JJ
    Shved/Bud/Howard
    AK/Howard/Bud
    Love/AV/Cunningham
    Pek/Av/Steamer

That is a good team that just got better on D

vCash
    Also, there are some untouchables on the wolves for me, Rubio, Pek, Shved, and maybe love(he pisses me off but he is top 9)

These players are untouchables to trade for me because Rubio and Pek have the right attitude, and Rubio is going to be an all-star soon, Pek maybe never will be voted in, but will deserve it. Shved is cheap and will be a good- better than good, but not great in this league, i really like his demeanor as well so far. I really want to like love, i really do. He is just such an immature baby at times, whining at refs, at his GM, at his cook, at his local weatherman... BUT, he is a top 10 player and only 24.

vCash
    Thinking over some trade possibilities the last hour or so I have decided it makes a lot of sense trading for Varejao. I am hesitant to give up Pekovic for him, but after some thought that is what will be necessary. I think Varejao makes more sense than Pekovic for two reasons.

1. Varejao is a more active player on offense, which better fits our offense and is a more logical fit next to Love who is relatively stagnant.

2. Varejao's contract makes a lot of sense. I think we will probably need to pay Pekovic anywhere around 12-13 million to keep him around after this season, especially if he keeps playing the way he did last night. There is no reason to think his value will go anywhere but up once Rubio comes back and his ankle continues to get stronger.

By trading Pekovic for Varejao we save an extra 3 million+ on the cap for next season. This coupled with cutting Roy and getting his 5 million off the books will give us an extra 8 million+ on the cap. We can then use some of that space to resign Budinger. I also believe we should trade Williams at some point, but am not sure what route I would take with that. Once Rubio re-establishes himself this makes one of Barea or Ridnour expendable. We can then package Williams/Ridnour or Williams/Barea, and the 10 million in cap they are currently occupying, for a player at a position of need.

I am fine moving forward with a core of....

5: Varejao/Steimsma
    4: Love/Varejao
    3: Kirilenko/Cunningham
    2: Shved/Budinger
    1: Rubio/Barea or Ridnour

....including what we get for Williams/Barea or Ridnour, we will be in a great position to compete the next few years with cap to spare.

vCash
    What's the biggest Pekovic's deficiency? Lack of shotblocking in defense. Guess what, Pekovic is having 1 block per 36 min this year, while Varejao averages 0.6

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    What's the biggest Pekovic's deficiency? Lack of shotblocking in defense. Guess what, Pekovic is having 1 block per 36 min this year, while Varejao averages 0.6
    What do his deficiencies have to do with it? Pekovic is a very good player, and what comes with that is very few deficiencies. It's not about the perception of what Pekovic doesn't do well that matters, it's what he does do well in comparison to what Varejao does well and how this translates to which player better fits our system.

vCash
    I wouldn't dare trade Pek for another center. Varejao is a more active rebounder/defender, but he's not a great scorer. Losing a bull in the post will put more pressure on the other guys to produce and it's not like Pek is taking shots away from Love (17 and 18 shots the last 2).

I think it's silly to say that Pek probably continues to play like he has the last few, but that we should let him go. Why?! How many centers in the league can put up 20+ ppg on any semi-consistent basis? As for the other parts of his game, Pek is getting better at catching, mixing up his offensive repetoire and jumping/blocking shots. Oh, and he's beating Love down the floor every time.
    United We Run

vCash
    I beat Love down the floor every time.

vCash
    Why would the Cavs even trade him is what im wondering? Kyrie and Anderson are the only two proven players they have at the moment

vCash
    @JerryZgoda Do you think Pek would have to be included in any deal to land Anderson Varejao?

@airadhi don't think they'd do it if they had to
    Just Jerry's opinion but I would flip Ridnour, Dwill, and a 1st for Varejao in a second:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvde7e2

But I hope Jerry's right and we don't trade do that trade if we need to include Pek.
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Why would the Cavs even trade him is what im wondering? Kyrie and Anderson are the only two proven players they have at the moment
    Because the Cavs are still rebuilding and Varejao is aging, I guess.

vCash
    My thoughts are that we wouldn't need to trade pek and it wouldn't be worth it if we did. A trade of Williams, barea/luke, lee/steamer makes sense for them and us. They don't want to keep him because they are a young rebuilding team and he is getting older and costs a chunk of money. If they can get a better offer so be it, its not worth pek.

The reason I say that is because Varejao is 30 years old and has had injury problems throughout his career. His jump in rbd% over the past couple years after many years of a steady rate makes me consider maybe it's partially due to his surrounding teammates (tristan is solid but their sf is gee and he is pretty poor rebounder for that position). Not saying he hasn't improved but it's worth considering it may be less than we think, and his numbers would surely drop next to love (you could argue pek's would jump without love and AK). Pek is younger and his defense has been improving every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuBeasLoveDwill View Post
    Just Jerry's opinion but I would flip Ridnour, Dwill, and a 1st for Varejao in a second:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvde7e2

But I hope Jerry's right and we don't trade do that trade if we need to include Pek.
    I wouldn't include the 1st in the deal though. Maybe swap our 1sts is more like it.

AK47 the Dragon Tamer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234