Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Meh, we don't need projects. Unless they can contribute right away like Shved or Rubio.
    so if Tristan were available to get in the trade, we don't take him simply because he is a project guy?...by the way, a very solid project guy. That doesnt make sense to me. We would be getting the instant contributor in Anderson...if we can get a guy who can help our future as well, that is a big bonus...especially if it is a guy like Tristan.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,526
    vCash
    1500
    I know, but almost 20 mil in Love/Cunningham is already a lot for one position. Maybe someone at SG?

    Wolves United

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I know, but almost 20 mil in Love/Cunningham is already a lot for one position. Maybe someone at SG?
    it will be about 17 mill in those two. We have a team option for Cunningham next year for 2 million...I guess Gee would be a better guy to get...just not sure why Cleveland would give him up. Tristan on the other hand would all of a sudden become expendable for them...and they would maybe actually want to give him up to shed his contract and move further under the cap during their rebuild. If we were to trade for Anderson, it just makes too much sense to also inquire about Tristan.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    you guys suck at building teams look at ur depth....

    PF Love/AV/Dante/Tristran
    C NO ONE

    that doesnt sound good... all those guys are twigs compared to pek PEK IS A BEAST

    not to mention ur using ur best asset to strengthn the postition that is already the deepest instead of the GLARING weakness at SG....

    god damn it ridnour is not a SG and using him as one is a sure fire way to not make the playoffs or exit in the first round.

    i like dwill more than most here but if ur gonna trade him you need to get a SG back and not move PEK.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    5,433
    vCash
    1500
    ^^That's a lot to give up for AV and Tristan. Both of our centers and Dwill?? Nope.

    DWill, Steamer, JJ/Luke, Lee?

    for

    AV, Tristan, Titty?


    I suck at this ****, but that works for me. lol


    As a project, Tristan already provides more than DWill (before even trying to see how he fits in RA's system)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    you guys suck at building teams look at ur depth....

    PF Love/AV/Dante/Tristran
    C NO ONE

    that doesnt sound good... all those guys are twigs compared to pek PEK IS A BEAST

    not to mention ur using ur best asset to strengthn the postition that is already the deepest instead of the GLARING weakness at SG....

    god damn it ridnour is not a SG and using him as one is a sure fire way to not make the playoffs or exit in the first round.

    i like dwill more than most here but if ur gonna trade him you need to get a SG back and not move PEK.
    ummm...Varejao plays center, and I dont think there were many people here suggesting to trade Pekovic...I also don't think anyone was claiming that Luke is a SG. I saw one person say he that Adelman plays him there sometimes, which is accurate...you have taken what one or two people have said, and turned it into a whole group thing...while also ignoring that Anderson is a very capable center, and just throwing him in at PF depth. You also ignore that when healthy, SG is not as big of a glaring weakness as it is perceived to be...leaving Roy out, you still have Chase and Shved there...not ideal, but both players are capable NBA players. You also ignore the fact that a team can get better while not addressing a need...in this case, you suggest SG is a need (which it is now, but not really when healthy), but ignore that Anderson is a good player who would improve the team. When healthy, SG or SF depth is still probably our biggest need, but just because it is, you don't pass on someone like Varejao if he can be had just because...I mean, if you could add a SG that is as good of a player as Anderson is, for the same package, you go with the SG...but dont pass on a good player like Anderson for an inferior player just because it is a position of need...Looking forward as well, who knows if we can sign Pek to a reasonable deal...Anderson plays center though, and is locked up for an extremely reasonable contract. A front court rotation of Love/Pek/Varejao is one that I don't think any team could compete with. If this move were to go down without giving up Pekovic, I would think it would be an amazing deal. If we were to have to give up Pekovic, I would still understand it for the financial reasons that Varejao is extremely worth his money, where as Pekovic will cost 12 mill or more this season.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 12-15-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    then pay pek ... because a front court of love/varejao is really really soft. and in your own statment u say if pek is involved i understand... if pek is involved this deal is a rape and you know it.

    also on SG... you say "when healthy" we dont need a sg... Roy may RETIRE, Bud is months away. lets just wait and play Luke and get crushed like last year. cause that is what will happen if nothing happens SG wise.

    and lastly... you think Varejao is good... hes not. hes not a Center. Pek is a Center, a real Center. Varejao is a PF who can rebound and score on a bad team. yes he plays Center but he is not a center.... did you watch him try to box out Pek in the Wolves Cavs game... it didnt work... cause pek is a real Center.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    then pay pek ... because a front court of love/varejao is really really soft. and in your own statment u say if pek is involved i understand... if pek is involved this deal is a rape and you know it.

    also on SG... you say "when healthy" we dont need a sg... Roy may RETIRE, Bud is months away. lets just wait and play Luke and get crushed like last year. cause that is what will happen if nothing happens SG wise.

    and lastly... you think Varejao is good... hes not. hes not a Center. Pek is a Center, a real Center. Varejao is a PF who can rebound and score on a bad team. yes he plays Center but he is not a center.... did you watch him try to box out Pek in the Wolves Cavs game... it didnt work... cause pek is a real Center.
    Neither Varejao, nor Love (at least last years version) are soft...and absolutely I would understand giving up Pek if we cannot afford him.

    You bring in Roy, but in my previous post, I ignored him, saying we are fine at SG without Roy, because of Chase and Shved...and I never said anything about playing Luke there, but I guess I do believe that he can provide 5-10 minutes there per game, if needed, and it means we add a player like Varejao because of it.

    And then in the last comment, you claim Varejao is not good, nor is he a center...I dont even know how to respond to that. He is extremely good, a borderline all star, who has been on an all defensive team, and has played almost primarily as center throughout his career...and you say he rebounds and scores on a bad team...do you not realize how important he was on those Cleveland teams that made deep playoff runs? His stats werent as shiny, but he was arguably the 2nd most important player on those teams.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    Luke will be the starting PG when Rubio comes back (which i hate)

    Varejao is no where near an allstar... this is a classic sell high guy. twolves are fools if they bite this.

    lol deep playoff runs... put LBJ on this team and we win the Finals. jesus christ. its Lebron James he's a frickin basketball freak of nature. dont give that credit to anderson varejao.

    edit: ur still ignoring that bud is months away from returning

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    and a love varejao front court with no pek and dante being the backup haha that sounds like a shity front court. where is your size? steamer? thats pathetic.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    Luke will be the starting PG when Rubio comes back (which i hate)

    Varejao is no where near an allstar... this is a classic sell high guy. twolves are fools if they bite this.

    lol deep playoff runs... put LBJ on this team and we win the Finals. jesus christ. its Lebron James he's a frickin basketball freak of nature. dont give that credit to anderson varejao.

    edit: ur still ignoring that bud is months away from returning
    Luke is the starting PG when Rubio returns? really? maybe for 2 or 3 games I guess.

    You say his stats mean nothing now because he is on a bad team, but ignore that Love and Pek put up good stats on a bad team...what does that make them? I don't agree with you here, that Love and Pek's stats were empty last year...and you cant have it both ways. You say his stats are empty on a bad team, while also saying they were empty on a good team...his stats werent as good when he had James, but they still counted...especially on the defensive end...and I agree that if you put James on this Wolves team, we are contenders...but then, according to you, no one elses stats matter, because LBJ is a basketball god.

    And I am not ignoring that Chase is injured...but will be ready for the playoffs, I am simply saying that you cannot pass on a borderline all star for a mediocre player who plays a position of need.

    edit: how are you so blind, that you claim Anderson is not a good player?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    11-9 is not a bad team you under rate pek. thats the bottom line here.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,853
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    11-9 is not a bad team you under rate pek. thats the bottom line here.
    where am I under rating Pek? That is not the bottom line at all...and I was talking about last years club, not this years.

    What the bottom line is, is you saying Anderson is a bad player, he isnt a center, and his stats are empty.

    Pekovic is a tremendous player, but with recent signings of good centers, I am worried we will not be able to resign him in the offseason.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,283
    vCash
    1500
    When is the earliest Chase will be back?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    412
    vCash
    1500
    Anderson would be nice on D but no, our post play would be alot worse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •