Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    mamba24 Guest

Wolves Interested In Varejao

Since president of basketball operations David Kahn joined the Minnesota Timberwolves in May 2009, he has made an absurd number of trades -- 25.

The strong belief in league circles is No. 26 will come by the Feb. 21 deadline.

Yes, Kevin Love, there is some sort of plan.

However, team sources maintain that Kahn is not making any calls for now until he sees how point guard Ricky Rubio looks, beginning with his expected season debut on Saturday against Dallas at Target Center.

That hasn't stopped Kahn from answering the phone, though. League sources insist both Cleveland and Toronto have reached out in recent weeks.

The Cavaliers are gauging interest in center Anderson Varejao, whom I'm told the Timberwolves like a lot. He's signed through 2015 at less than $10 million per season.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T..._Varejao121412

That would be insane... Love, Pek, Varejao...

vCash
    I like Varejao, I think Cleveland right now is just trying to see the market and sell High on Varejao which isn't something Kahn usually does, he tends to buy low. Like the article states we probably won't hear much more on this til either after Rubio has played for a month or so or until the deadline. I do think a three man big rotation of Pek, Love, and Andy would be awesome though.

vCash
    i dont think cavs send varejao unless pekovic is going their way.

im not sure its a good idea.

But its enticing form teh perspective tha tpek will probably need to be payed MORE than Varejao is getting paid, and that varejao expires the same moment than love, so if he bolts team would have capspace as oposed to having to resign pek to a longer deal.

vCash
    I remember the Cavaliers being interested in Williams on draft day, perhaps they still covet him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    i dont think cavs send varejao unless pekovic is going their way.

im not sure its a good idea.

But its enticing form teh perspective tha tpek will probably need to be payed MORE than Varejao is getting paid, and that varejao expires the same moment than love, so if he bolts team would have capspace as oposed to having to resign pek to a longer deal.
    I think the Cavs might go for a package of Williams and one of Ridnour/Barea to back up Irving.

vCash
    Probably would have to include a pick as well.

vCash
    Do we re-sign pek after this year?

vCash
    dont think cavs send varejao unless pekovic is going their way.
    Yep.

I think the Cavs might go for a package of Williams and one of Ridnour/Barea to back up Irving.
    Nope.

With Pek likely to be in the 12 mil range to resign this may be a good deal as Verajau is cost effective and likely to be a bit better on the defensive side while putting up similar numbers with Ricky running the point.

As much as I like Pek.....

Pek, Williams, JJ
    for
    Verajao, Boobie, and Triston Thompson

They get Pek who they have space to resign, Williams who they liked and may do better there with the opportunity and JJ as a quality backup.

We get a quality C back that will likely be a better fit on D and likely put up similar numbers offensively and would be cost effective, Thompson a young guy that can develop, and Boobie who may be able to help short term and will help our cap at the end of the year.

Win/Win?

vCash
    I have been obsessed with the idea of getting Anderson here for awhile. I wish we found a way to do it before his jump in production though. If we were to land Anderson, I think that means the end for Pekovic here soon...either we part with him in the trade, or he is gone at the end of the season, as Varejao would be able to be the everyday center, and at a reasonable price.

I also just want to chime in on the article, the author talks about how many trades Kahn has made, but how many of those trades were draft day trades, where he simply would trade picks for future picks, or cash...I have to think somewhere around 10 of those 25 trades were picks...specifically the 2011 draft, where Kahn traded pick after pick to compensate for the release of Coach Rambis.

vCash
    I'm not sure, I want to see this team with Rubio. There will be plenty of time in February to look for trades.

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I'm not sure, I want to see this team with Rubio. There will be plenty of time in February to look for trades.
    THat is exactly what the article says, and apparently is what Kahn is thinking.

vCash
    We will see what the team looks like with Rubio, but I would be fine with Steve's trade above honestly. Our defense with Rubio/AK/Anderson, Dante/Lee off the bench, would stay really high. And AV is exactly what you need next to Love, an offensive glass eating defender who can block some shots and is active.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Not sure I like this trade. My questions are, how does this trade help us: a) get whiter b) have more awesome beards on the team?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    On a serious note:
    1) I would trade Pek+JJ/Ridnour for AV(If cleveland likes Pek enough)
    2) Trade Williams for Riddick.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    I like Pekovic more then Varejao and I'm not going to lie Varejao is having a great season but I rather keep Pekovic instead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast