Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124

Thread: Around the NBA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500

    Around the NBA

    NBA news not regarding the Wolves can be discussed here.

    Sticky it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,801
    vCash
    1500
    So i heard a joke today " Bobcats suck"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    My observations from tonights games...

    Former Wolf Martell Webster was a solid contributor for Washington tonight, and played heavy minutes as he helped the Wizards crawl back from a 14 point deficit.

    Dion Waiters had an impressive debut, though the opposition didnt give the best defensive effort. The backcourt duo of Kyrie Irving, and Dion Waiters is pretty talented, but I don't know how well it can turn out when both players are shooting guards in a PG's body, and neither looks to pass the ball.

    The HEAT may end up relying too much on the long ball...but they looked excellent tonight.

    The Lakers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    Lakers chemistry and health will take a while to happen. Which is why I don't see them winning the west in the regular season. Their depth is crap.

    Miami is the best team in the NBA. Boston is again going to be sneaky. The Cavs won't get a top 5 pick unless they leap frog teams or get killed with injuries.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    I'm liking the Cavs...reminds me of a better version of us a couple years ago. Kyrie will be an elite player in this league, and in a couple years, there will be discussions on if he is a top 5 player in the league. Tristan Thompson may have been a reach at #4 in the draft a year ago, but he still brings a lot of energy to the defense, and is active on the glass...will get plenty of double doubles this year, as he is now in a starting role. Dion Waiters is an exciting rookie...I wish they would get rid of Varejao though. He is an extremely under rated player, who is wasting away on a rebuilding team.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I'm liking the Cavs...reminds me of a better version of us a couple years ago. Kyrie will be an elite player in this league, and in a couple years, there will be discussions on if he is a top 5 player in the league. Tristan Thompson may have been a reach at #4 in the draft a year ago, but he still brings a lot of energy to the defense, and is active on the glass...will get plenty of double doubles this year, as he is now in a starting role. Dion Waiters is an exciting rookie...I wish they would get rid of Varejao though. He is an extremely under rated player, who is wasting away on a rebuilding team.
    stat nerds such as myself thought Thompson was a good pick where he was taken.

    Waiters sucked in the preseason, so one game does nothing for me, against a horrid Washington defense.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Lakers chemistry and health will take a while to happen. Which is why I don't see them winning the west in the regular season. Their depth is crap.

    Miami is the best team in the NBA. Boston is again going to be sneaky. The Cavs won't get a top 5 pick unless they leap frog teams or get killed with injuries.
    Yeah, Lakers depth is not very good at all and I expect Nash to be suffering some injuries by the time the playoffs role around. Meeks and Jamison will have some good nights, but generally they will be ineffective and force the starters to play a lot of minutes.

    Ray looked really good in the first half tonight (didn't watch the 2nd). His age and health could be real concerns 60 games or so in though.

    I really like Boston's depth. I was thinking during the game that they are not only better this year, but they also have a good start on re-building with Rondo-Lee-Green-Sully (what luck was his fall?).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Yeah, Lakers depth is not very good at all and I expect Nash to be suffering some injuries by the time the playoffs role around. Meeks and Jamison will have some good nights, but generally they will be ineffective and force the starters to play a lot of minutes.

    Ray looked really good in the first half tonight (didn't watch the 2nd). His age and health could be real concerns 60 games or so in though.

    I really like Boston's depth. I was thinking during the game that they are not only better this year, but they also have a good start on re-building with Rondo-Lee-Green-Sully (what luck was his fall?).
    Miami won't be playing Boston nightly with LeBron having to get nursed in the locker room. I don't expect Ray's minutes to exceed 30 mpg for the season.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    how is a team that started Eddie Curry whipping the Fakers right now hahahaha

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    yeah, I think having Ray coming off the bench should keep him fresh most of the season...and I think the bench is the perfect role for him at this juncture in his career, and for the team he is playing with.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    12-31 from the free throw line for the Lakers...Kobe and Nash need to get to the line more.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    Dwight looks rusty as well. Big time. I also think Mike Brown is a complete joke offensively.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    oh yeah, and LeBron looks like the best player I have seen since Jordan.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    Lakers are making me giggle right now...meanwhile, do we have to worry about the Mavs and the playoff race more than initially thought?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Lakers are making me giggle right now...meanwhile, do we have to worry about the Mavs and the playoff race more than initially thought?
    nope. Lakers are simply terrible early. Mavs are not making the playoffs this season imho.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •