Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yes they waived him. He also was looking very good in the Atlanta and the Tennessee game. Remember, he tore his meniscus. At that point the Steelers were more interested in Batch and Leftwhich because not only did they fit their system better, but they were looking for vet backups. It's not like he was worthless or he was a healthy 4-string QB in Pittsburgh. That's a very poor way to explain what happened to him.
    I wouldnt say he looked good, but no he didnt look bad. And the Steelers were more interested in those two because they were more effective passers, they could have made due with one veteran backup and would have held on to him if they really felt he was a good player or was a player who had some real potential. Yes he was hurt, but when they made the decision to waive him he was healthy and they felt he was the #4 QB on the team. Im not saying hes useless, just that hes hardly someone I want to consider as a starter this upcoming season.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I wouldnt say he looked good, but no he didnt look bad. And the Steelers were more interested in those two because they were more effective passers, they could have made due with one veteran backup and would have held on to him if they really felt he was a good player or was a player who had some real potential. Yes he was hurt, but when they made the decision to waive him he was healthy and they felt he was the #4 QB on the team. Im not saying hes useless, just that hes hardly someone I want to consider as a starter this upcoming season.
    Because he couldn't be waived when he was on IR. He came off of IR and then the Steelers waived him. They had 3 QB's and they didn't need a fourth. He was the easiest cap casualty out of all of them. Really, him being waived, says literally nothing.

It's a little more telling that he was on the practice squad with Baltimore, but under the new NFL rules, the 3rd string QB doesn't dress any more. He was behind Tyrod Taylor and Flacco in Baltimore, but there was no other QB.

I'm not saying start him, but there's a lot to like about Dixon as someone who knows the Chip Kelly offense, and would probably bring enough to be a quality backup. He can essentially run the offense right off the bat, has a whole lot of athleticism and could even help out the other QB's in his offense. It's more than worth a shot on a guy who's shown a little NFL promise even though it's been rumored the Steelers didn't really set him up in the correct situation to succeed and he did a pretty good job of it anyways. I mean, in his one game in 2010, Dixon was 18-26 for 211 (0TD-1INT). That's a solid line for a backup against a playoff team, and not only just a playoff team, but a team who got a bye week.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Wait....i dont know if i agree with the "him being waived means nothing"

It clearly means something if he got beat out by Charlie Batch for a roster spot lol...i mean come on. And Byron Leftwich sorry I dont want any of those two as my backups....Id take an AJ Feeley over those two lol...

So the fact that he got waived does say something.... but was it just the wrong coach? We all know how Big Ben feels about Haley even after he retracted all the statements he said during the year lol.

Regardless I DO AGREE that he could and even should excel in Kellys system, if Kelly does indeed intend to run a hybrid style of his Oregon offense...He will surely make a intriguing possible backup. Which if Kelly is hand picking him this speaks VOLUMES of Foles personally I think Foles now doesnt have a fair shot here...

Sad, watch he will go elsewhere and be a top 7 qb LOL

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Wait....i dont know if i agree with the "him being waived means nothing"

It clearly means something if he got beat out by Charlie Batch for a roster spot lol...i mean come on. And Byron Leftwich sorry I dont want any of those two as my backups....Id take an AJ Feeley over those two lol...

So the fact that he got waived does say something.... but was it just the wrong coach? We all know how Big Ben feels about Haley even after he retracted all the statements he said during the year lol.

Regardless I DO AGREE that he could and even should excel in Kellys system, if Kelly does indeed intend to run a hybrid style of his Oregon offense...He will surely make a intriguing possible backup. Which if Kelly is hand picking him this speaks VOLUMES of Foles personally I think Foles now doesnt have a fair shot here...

Sad, watch he will go elsewhere and be a top 7 qb LOL
    He was beat out in 2010 by Charlie Batch and in 2010 by Bryon Leftwich, don't put today's contotations on them. Batch was obviously for a veteran presence, that's literally the only reason he's been kept. And Leftwich in Pittsburgh's system is 10x better than Dixon. They have a vertical passing game and Leftwich has a big arm (long release, but big arm). Dixon didn't fit there.

So yeah, honestly, I find his being waived to be a situation of circumstance not a situation in which the Steelers truly believed he was the 4th most talented QB on their roster.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Because he couldn't be waived when he was on IR. He came off of IR and then the Steelers waived him. They had 3 QB's and they didn't need a fourth. He was the easiest cap casualty out of all of them. Really, him being waived, says literally nothing.

It's a little more telling that he was on the practice squad with Baltimore, but under the new NFL rules, the 3rd string QB doesn't dress any more. He was behind Tyrod Taylor and Flacco in Baltimore, but there was no other QB.

I'm not saying start him, but there's a lot to like about Dixon as someone who knows the Chip Kelly offense, and would probably bring enough to be a quality backup. He can essentially run the offense right off the bat, has a whole lot of athleticism and could even help out the other QB's in his offense. It's more than worth a shot on a guy who's shown a little NFL promise even though it's been rumored the Steelers didn't really set him up in the correct situation to succeed and he did a pretty good job of it anyways. I mean, in his one game in 2010, Dixon was 18-26 for 211 (0TD-1INT). That's a solid line for a backup against a playoff team, and not only just a playoff team, but a team who got a bye week.
    I dont think him being waived says nothing at all, if they really felt as though they had something special in him, they would have taken the pretty minor cap hit they would take by releasing Batch. You dont dump your QB of the future or potential trade bait and keep the old guy you talked out of retirement who has a higher salary. If cutting Charlie Batch would have resulted in a significant cap hit (which it wouldnt), his missing salary would certainly make things manageable. Also, the fact that no other team was willing to sign him to their active roster and he instead wound up on a practice squad indicates that the 31 other teams in the league didnt see him as anything special either.

And just because the 3rd string QB doesnt dress anymore, doesnt mean you have to put him on the practice squad. On the practice squad other teams can sign him, if you really thought he was something special you wouldnt want to risk that, ultimately, the fact that they couldnt find a place for him on the active roster, means they felt they had at least 53 players that were more valuable to them.

I wouldnt say the Steelers put him in a bad position, I mean sure, he was forced to come in and start earlier than expected due to injuries, but that could happen with any team, for the most part, the Steelers are very, very committed to believing in their players and working with them and allowing them to develop. Compared to a lot of other teams in the NFL the Steelers have a very small turnover rate, they tend to keep guys around.

I agree, I think there are some positives he could potentially bring to the team, I am not disagreeing with you on that and I dont think I said I had a problem with us bringing him in as a 3rd stringer or a PS guy or a training camp body. And like you and I both said, I would not be cool with him as our starter (at least until he proves otherwise).
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    So not only did he get beat out by Charlie Batch,and Byron Leftwhich,but Tyrod Taylor too?I got to see quite a bit of Tyrod living in ACC country,never felt he was NFL caliber.

vCash
    Giants fan taking some pretty brutal shots at the eagles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz4I13tvhew

vCash
    just remember that we can have 4 or 5 qbs until the end of preseason, you know, i love this, he's a familiar guy for kelly and he will just bring some competition to the team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    Giants fan taking some pretty brutal shots at the eagles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz4I13tvhew
    It's just a pathetic internet thug who thinks he is tough because he can talk **** while hiding behind his computer. It is so pathetic that it should just be ignored and left to die.

But while we are at it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post

Must suck not having friends.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Here's a read on Nnamdi... I suggest reading:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-...namdis-future/

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    I pictured Bendzy as the fat guy the day he realized Kolb sucked.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I think he still believes in Kolb.

Still I love the Bendz man.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    Here's a read on Nnamdi... I suggest reading:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-...namdis-future/
    That is a good read.Pretty much sums up my feelings on him as well.

Welcome back Paps.Take it easy on the Mexicans.

vCash
    Heard Paul Kruger might not be back with the Ravens next year and when I watched him I thought he was pretty damn good. Doesn't Baltimore run a 3-4 hybrid defense? Isn't that what we plan on switching too? I also heard he's looking for somewhere around 40 million. Depending on what happens with Demeco we should take a run at him.