Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 2113
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,077
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    It's one thing to be called a *****, ***** or derogatory names but parent hood, STD that's next level man. I can see your point if it was the type of back and forth he and OSI had but this is crossing the line IMO. Ya he's in the wrong too but I can see why he'd do it and to call him an idiot over it is absurd. Especially since its not you in the situation its easy to say stuff from the sidelines.
    150% disagree.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,367
    vCash
    1500
    Im sure McCoy changed all his info and this is a cry out of desperation on her part, to let the world know who she is and how she feels... everything is always in the eye of the beholder, and lets just say for giggles me and BDawk got into a fight.... Im sure he will give you all evidence to make me look bad and vise verse.

    Regardless he is a professional and gets TAUGHT not to do this type of crap...contact your lawyer, your agent, your civil people.... do not pour gas onto a fire... Now she has a reason and documented cause of him being a douche.... stupid of him to stoop down to her level.. handle this the correct way....step up and be a dad or dont put your D!CK in a girl to begin with......

    dont blame her, she banged a superstar player with mad money....regardless planned pregnancy or not....morally complete wrong, but if your a gold digger....get it get it And im sure she did..

    Both are wrong in this situation but I would just expect more/better from LeSean.... esp in the father category...

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    19,237
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/dennis-dixon-likely-be-added-eagles-qb-mix

    Dennis Dixon anyone? Lol. Probably nothing to be excited about, but I completely forgot he was a duck. Anybody truly think this could blossom into something? I suppose it's not too much of a stretch to think Dixon could beat out Foles in this new scheme, but I don't know squat about his skill set. Played half decent in a few spot starts for the Steelers.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS



  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,077
    vCash
    500
    Dixon wouldn't be the worst idea for competition, wouldn't be the best either.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    438
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Dixon in camp. Not sure if I'd want him to make the team or not, but it wouldn't be terrible if he did.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Dunno much about Dixon other than he is a former Kelly player.Was he the 3rd string in Pitt?Or out of the NFL all together in 2012?

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    37,994
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Dunno much about Dixon other than he is a former Kelly player.Was he the 3rd string in Pitt?Or out of the NFL all together in 2012?
    He started a few games in his career and looked okay. One of those kids who might have something to be a backup.

    What I hope is that Chip Kelly doesn't fall into the Steve Spurrier trap of "he played well for me in college, screw what everyone thinks of him in the pros, I can win with him again". He stock piled former UF players in Washington, and they all busted. I've been one of the biggest Chip Kelly supporters in his hire around these parts, but I'll quickly turn a 180 if we turn into the University of Oregon-Philadelphia campus.
    mikeOLT!

    There's no "I" in "win"

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,215
    vCash
    1500
    ^That is my fear as well.

    There's a reason that he's been in the league for 5 years and has only played in 4 games. I mean, he was with Pittsburgh when Roethlisberger missed the first 4 games a few years ago and Charlie Batch started over him. That says enough for me, but maybe I'm thinking too simple. Also, the fact that he's mostly been on practice squads the past 5 years is concerning for me.

    Bringing him in for a tryout, fine, that's no big deal. But if he is legitimately brought in to be the starter, it screams the same "I'm smarter than everyone else" attitude that I've grown tired of the past 14 years.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    37,994
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    ^That is my fear as well.

    There's a reason that he's been in the league for 5 years and has only played in 4 games. I mean, he was with Pittsburgh when Roethlisberger missed the first 4 games a few years ago and Charlie Batch started over him. That says enough for me, but maybe I'm thinking too simple. Also, the fact that he's mostly been on practice squads the past 5 years is concerning for me.

    Bringing him in for a tryout, fine, that's no big deal. But if he is legitimately brought in to be the starter, it screams the same "I'm smarter than everyone else" attitude that I've grown tired of the past 14 years.
    He was a rookie. In 2010, he started over Batch and Leftwich (who was hurt, admitedly), won his game against Atlanta and then messed up his knee in the next start. He actually looked pretty decent in those games. So not all of this is entirely true.
    mikeOLT!

    There's no "I" in "win"

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,215
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly didn't remember he got hurt in that first game, but that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't retained by Pittsburgh and was only given a practice squad offer. (he wasn't a rookie in 2010, not sure if you didn't mean that, but he was drafted in 2008)

    I don't know why he isn't in Pittsburgh anymore, I won't pretend to. Pittsburgh could have cut ties, or he did, but it means that either Pittsburgh decided it was better to keep both Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich as their backups over him, or he left thinking he could get a better job. Not only was he not signed onto anyone's roster as the primary backup, he wasn't signed to anyone's active roster at all. I know it's not always so cut and dry like I'm making it sound, but players typically don't all of a sudden at the age of 28, turn from not being able to make someone's roster, to being the best player at that position on a team.

    It's just not an exciting FA pickup in my mind. Personally, if he's brought in as the starter, I'm not excited about the season, at all. He could prove me wrong, and I hope he does, but I'm not going to sit here and lie to myself just to get excited about next season.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    There is supposedly some speculation around the league that Pittsburgh didn't set him up for success

    But he wasn’t exactly groomed for success. An AFC personnel man who scouted Kelly going back to Oregon and is very familiar with the Steelers said Pittsburgh coaches went the predictable route in Dixon’s starts replacing an injured Ben Roethlisberger, running frequently on first and second downs to set up obvious third-down passing scenarios. He believes Dixon has tremendous NFL potential that can be maximized in Kelly’s offense.
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...-eagles-qb-mix

    Can't hurt to bring him in and let him compete.

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Dunno much about Dixon other than he is a former Kelly player.Was he the 3rd string in Pitt?Or out of the NFL all together in 2012?
    He was third string, forced to come in and start one game few years ago when Big Ben and Charlie Batch were hurt. They werent thrilled with his performance and with Batch looking to retire, they brought Byron Leftwich in to be the backup. Big Ben was then suspended and Leftwich got hurt in the preseason so Dixon became the starter. They coaxed Batch out of retirement to come in and be Dixons backup. Dixon started the first two games of the season but hurt his knee in the second game and was put on IR. The next offseason with Ben, Leftwich and Batch all back and healthy (at the time) Dixon was the 4th best QB on the team and therefore was cut.

    Ravens then signed him to their practice squad at the start of last season, they cut him a few months into the season and resigned him to the PS a few weeks later.
    PSD's c_reinert

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He was a rookie. In 2010, he started over Batch and Leftwich (who was hurt, admitedly), won his game against Atlanta and then messed up his knee in the next start. He actually looked pretty decent in those games. So not all of this is entirely true.
    He started over Batch because Batch wasnt on the team that season until Leftwich got hurt. He was hoping to retire. Dixon was all they had. Once all 4 QBs were on the team and healthy though he fell to #4 and was cut
    PSD's c_reinert

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    He was third string, forced to come in and start one game few years ago when Big Ben and Charlie Batch were hurt. They werent thrilled with his performance and with Batch looking to retire, they brought Byron Leftwich in to be the backup. Big Ben was then suspended and Leftwich got hurt in the preseason so Dixon became the starter. They coaxed Batch out of retirement to come in and be Dixons backup. Dixon started the first two games of the season but hurt his knee in the second game and was put on IR. The next offseason with Ben, Leftwich and Batch all back and healthy (at the time) Dixon was the 4th best QB on the team and therefore was cut.

    Ravens then signed him to their practice squad at the start of last season, they cut him a few months into the season and resigned him to the PS a few weeks later.
    That sure doesn't sound very encouraging.Body in camp,possibly a backup or 3rd string sure.Starter,no freaking way!

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    37,994
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    He started over Batch because Batch wasnt on the team that season until Leftwich got hurt. He was hoping to retire. Dixon was all they had. Once all 4 QBs were on the team and healthy though he fell to #4 and was cut
    Yes they waived him. He also was looking very good in the Atlanta and the Tennessee game. Remember, he tore his meniscus. At that point the Steelers were more interested in Batch and Leftwhich because not only did they fit their system better, but they were looking for vet backups. It's not like he was worthless or he was a healthy 4-string QB in Pittsburgh. That's a very poor way to explain what happened to him.
    mikeOLT!

    There's no "I" in "win"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •